• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it strange that they announce a recall right after the steelbook is for sale and everyone gets charged for their order(n)(n)

They knew about it before hand I am sure. Trying to get funds when they are going broke I bet. Business has been pretty bad for PA the last year. Look at all the stuff they are sitting on. Who you gonna kid. Ida? Really? Combined with all the reprints of the grails? REALLY!!!!!!!!!!! My buying has gone down over 90% from PA in the last year and I am sure I am not the only one.

The thing that bugs me more than anything is that I've preordered the keep case edition, its on the way to me, but I can't fully understand what they're saying in what they posted. They have an english language Facebook page but they haven't posted on there yet explaining what to do.

I saw them reply to someone but the translation isn't great, I think they're saying they'll ship a replacement disc with whatever your next order is.

Reactions: Travis Bickle
I think they didn't know about that problem. Otherwise why they restocked keepcase edition with steelbook pre-order. To sell it and then receive cancellations immediately?

They knew about it before hand I am sure. Trying to get funds when they are going broke I bet. Business has been pretty bad for PA the last year. Look at all the stuff they are sitting on. Who you gonna kid. Ida? Really? Combined with all the reprints of the grails? REALLY!!!!!!!!!!! My buying has gone down over 90% from PA in the last year and I am sure I am not the only one.

some people are saying the price is marked up from previous editions. maybe they are marked up because PA knew they would have to print thousands of extra discs and send them all over the world.

im definitely getting the feeling this edition was rushed into production, which is incredible given its been two years in the making. last minute edition ditches, last minute reveals of actual contents of the package.. now this. it cant have gone any worse.

but hey, we havent seen actual live, in the flesh pics of the editions yet, have we? which again is strange seeing as they rammed the terminator down our throats with gifs, pics and video showing far in advance what the product would be like.

nothing for this. just a computer generated mock up

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
It is not very good that they charged everyone and then announce recall. They should refund all orders and then charge when corrected version is ready.

yes it would make more sense to simply delay the release, wait for the replacement discs, and then ship them.

but i guess they dont want to bin thousands of discs, so are hoping a minimal amount of people enquire about a replacement.

Everyone needs to remember these dont ship til first week in November, They will probably have the new discs done and ready by then anyway so none of this matters for the steelbook release anyway

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
Everyone needs to remember these dont ship til first week in November, They will probably have the new discs done and ready by then anyway so none of this matters for the steelbook release anyway
Yep I don't see how this will affect the steelbook orders. The new discs will go out as normal hopefully and it won't affect anything. It's the people with the Amaray edition who will need the exchange.

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and lolwut
some people are saying the price is marked up from previous editions. maybe they are marked up because PA knew they would have to print thousands of extra discs and send them all over the world.

im definitely getting the feeling this edition was rushed into production, which is incredible given its been two years in the making. last minute edition ditches, last minute reveals of actual contents of the package.. now this. it cant have gone any worse.

but hey, we havent seen actual live, in the flesh pics of the editions yet, have we? which again is strange seeing as they rammed the terminator down our throats with gifs, pics and video showing far in advance what the product would be like.

nothing for this. just a computer generated mock up
It's been stated before the price was risen because of the amount of work that had to go into the documentary they created. This is the most expensive Korean Blu-ray ever produced. Considering the amount of extras that are on the 3 discs I don't think the price was that bad, more expensive than Plain's normal releases but not by a massive amount.

The thing that bugs me more than anything is that I've preordered the keep case edition, its on the way to me, but I can't fully understand what they're saying in what they posted. They have an english language Facebook page but they haven't posted on there yet explaining what to do.
I saw them reply to someone but the translation isn't great, I think they're saying they'll ship a replacement disc with whatever your next order is.
Yep I don't see how this will affect the steelbook orders. The new discs will go out as normal hopefully and it won't affect anything. It's the people with the Amaray edition who will need the exchange.

@Strangerbyday Japanese translation is quite funky too, but guess I can grasp what the situation is:writing:
There is some Korean subtitles missing between 1:49:23 and 1:49:32 on Woo-jin Lee's (Ji-tae Yu) line. So it's no biggie at all unless you need Korean subtitles.
Maybe not so many but there ARE people who need Korean subtitles, so PA has decided to recall. How they gonna process this recall will be announced next week.

@howarmat @Sigill Yep, guess you guys are correct:thumbs:
They say this recall won't affect on any edition of steelbook pre-orders cuz they gonna have the new discs done and ready by the release date:notworthy: @howarmat

As you fellow Ninjas can see, English isn't my first language and only Korean words I know are all food related, we still need PA to post for international collectors:shy:

Guess they just did:p

We've decided to recall Disc 1 of Oldboy Keepcase Edition for our Korean customers as we discovered that a single line of Korean subtitle is missing.
This recall is for the hearing impaired and a very small number of our Korean customers. The English subtitles don't have any issues.
Therefore we will not be recalling the disc for our customers overseas. Hope you understand. The upcoming Steelbook Editions will include fixed discs.
Thank you.

Last edited:
From PA's international FB

We've decided to recall Disc 1 of Oldboy Keepcase Edition for our Korean customers as we discovered that a single line of Korean subtitle is missing.

This recall is for the hearing impaired and a very small number of our Korean customers. The English subtitles don't have any issues.

Therefore we will not be recalling the disc for our customers overseas. Hope you understand. The upcoming Steelbook Editions will include fixed discs.

Thank you.

Best regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and milky