• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:

We've decided to recall Disc 1 of Oldboy Keepcase Edition for our Korean customers as we discovered that a single line of Korean subtitle is missing.
This recall is for the hearing impaired and a very small number of our Korean customers. The English subtitles don't have any issues.

Therefore we will not be recalling the disc for our customers overseas. Hope you understand. The upcoming Steelbook Editions will include fixed discs.
Thank you.

Jeez, talk about much ado about nothing. Hopefully all the pitchforks will now be safely returned to their sheds.

Seems pretty reasonable that an error like this wouldn't be found until the keepcase version made its way into customers hands. It was just released three days ago, so I'm actually a bit surprised such a small error was already found. Kudos to PA for addressing the issue so quickly.

As far as the steelbook version is concerned, I'm not sure what all the fuss was about, as it's release date is still five weeks out. It's not like they were going to knowingly ship out a defective version just to turn around and pay to print and ship thousands of replacement discs.

I know they're a business first and foremost, but PA's operation seems as much a labor of love as anyone's. I was happy for them when I saw all those out of stock notices on such a huge print run. Hopefully the few people who are affected by the hiccup in the original disc get it sorted, and all others get their steels on time. Personally, I can't wait to see type B in the flesh!

Jeez, talk about much ado about nothing. Hopefully all the pitchforks will now be safely returned to their sheds.

Seems pretty reasonable that an error like this wouldn't be found until the keepcase version made its way into customers hands. It was just released three days ago, so I'm actually a bit surprised such a small error was already found. Kudos to PA for addressing the issue so quickly.

As far as the steelbook version is concerned, I'm not sure what all the fuss was about, as it's release date is still five weeks out. It's not like they were going to knowingly ship out a defective version just to turn around and pay to print and ship thousands of replacement discs.

I know they're a business first and foremost, but PA's operation seems as much a labor of love as anyone's. I was happy for them when I saw all those out of stock notices on such a huge print run. Hopefully the few people who are affected by the hiccup in the original disc get it sorted, and all others get their steels on time. Personally, I can't wait to see type B in the flesh!
I can understand totally. Why?

Because this is the ultimate edition of the movie. Plain Archive went all the way to satisfy foreign customers with adding subtitles to everything even with the extra costs involved. To them this is about honour. They can't live with the fact that the foreign parts are perfect, but for their local customers not. This is what makes Plain Archive, Plain Archive.

R-e-s-p-e-c-t.

The first time I saw Plain Archive announcing Old Boy I thought I actually could consider getting everything. Surprisingly, after I saw the versions my interest dropped completely. I don't like any of those and the main thing is that I don't like the steelbook. Well, there's plenty of those who want it anyway so no point in being depressed. Enjoy fellas.

• Thanks
Reactions: metal hunter
The first time I saw Plain Archive announcing Old Boy I thought I actually could consider getting everything. Surprisingly, after I saw the versions my interest dropped completely. I don't like any of those and the main thing is that I don't like the steelbook. Well, there's plenty of those who want it anyway so no point in being depressed. Enjoy fellas.

Complete disappointment for me, too. However, money saved for better releases...

Good to know its just an issue with the Korean subtitles, thats alleviated all worry about the keep case edition which should arrive next week.

As I said in my original post shared from their Korean language Facebook, the english translation was funky on it & I couldn't really understand what they were saying, so my bad if I brought extra worry to anyone about replacement discs or whatever.

Reactions: Modulus
I just spent hundreds on a Korean language course which I took over the summer. I am now fluent in Korean. For my keep case edition I want that replacement disc with the missing Korean subtitle. My OCD will not let me sleep.:p;)

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
This should be sweet! PA rocks at the moment.

Your right about PLAIN ARCHIVE (S. Korea) and the only other distributor that matches their quality is FILM ARENA (Czech Republic).

Sadly I only started getting interested in these editions only a month ago because for years I wasn't interested in collecting anything with slip cases, purely steelbooks, my biggest mistake Ive made as a collector as the old editions are very difficult to get and very expensive.

Your right about PLAIN ARCHIVE (S. Korea) and the only other distributor that matches their quality is FILM ARENA (Czech Republic).

Sadly I only started getting interested in these editions only a month ago because for years I wasn't interested in collecting anything with slip cases, purely steelbooks, my biggest mistake Ive made as a collector as the old editions are very difficult to get and very expensive.
Don't mean to go off topic here but i had to comment because you just compared PA quality to FA :facepalm:
Sorry, but I consider that an insult to PA :)

Don't mean to go off topic here but i had to comment because you just compared PA quality to FA :facepalm:
Sorry, but I consider that an insult to PA :)

These are the premium limited edition steelbooks I buy from

Sadly there are NO UK DISTRIBUTOR in this list:

PLAIN ARCHIVE (S. Korea)
NOVA MEDIA (S. Korea)
FILM ARENA (Czech Republic)
HDZETA (China - I believe they do not ship outside China so I buy from Yesasia.com or E-bay)

I Just discovered:
MANTA LAB (Hong Kong) DO THEY SHIP OUTSIDE Hong Kong?

These are the premium limited edition steelbooks I buy from

Sadly there are NO UK DISTRIBUTOR in this list:

PLAIN ARCHIVE (S. Korea)
NOVA MEDIA (S. Korea)
FILM ARENA (Czech Republic)
HDZETA (China - I believe they do not ship outside China so I buy from Yesasia.com or E-bay)

I Just discovered:
MANTA LAB (Hong Kong) DO THEY SHIP OUTSIDE Hong Kong?

Yes they do. No US or UK distributors create premium releases because of the movie studios. It is easier to acquire movie rights to create these releases in other countries.

It is evident that you just started collecting by saying only FilmArena compares to Plain Archive. I rank FilmArena below Blufans, NovaMedia, Kimchidvd, and Plain Archive when it comes to quality.

Yes they do. No US or UK distributors create premium releases because of the movie studios. It is easier to acquire movie rights to create these releases in other countries.

It is evident that you just started collecting by saying only FilmArena compares to Plain Archive. I rank FilmArena below Blufans, NovaMedia, Kimchidvd, and Plain Archive when it comes to quality.

Hes-right-you.jpg