• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it not mention arrival at GBLALA?

The peeps who had that from the 14th seem to get delivery the next day so hopefully yours turns up soon
I don't see that mentioned anywhere mate. The last time it was updated through the Korean Post tracking was on the 8th when it was apparently in Icheon.

Reactions: Flloydo
I don't see that mentioned anywhere mate. The last time it was updated through the Korean Post tracking was on the 8th when it was apparently in Icheon.

This is how it looked for me and it still hasn't even updated and I have it in hand

image.png

And when I click on the where had my time been tab

image.png

Also it looks like some peeps didn't get theirs today who had the same update as me on the 14th (I wasn't actually expecting it today tbh)

Hope you get it soon or at least an update

This is how it looked for me and it still hasn't even updated and I have it in hand

View attachment 276713

And when I click on the where had my time been tab

View attachment 276714

Also it looks like some peeps didn't get theirs today who had the same update as me on the 14th (I wasn't actually expecting it today tbh)

Hope you get it soon or at least an update
Hmm that button definitely isn't there for me. I was checking the tracking through my laptop, but just tried it through my phone instead as I realised that's what you did... it's still just showing me the same stuff though. (n)

Thanks anyway bud. Hopefully it's just the tracking messing up and the item is actually on its way!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
@Flloydo did you choose k packet shipping?

Yeah I always choose K packet with these retailers. This is my first direct order with plain and it seemed quite smooth. I only have the master lenti but got it from the bay. Plan on getting sicario and fox catcher if that ever happens.

Hmm that button definitely isn't there for me. I was checking the tracking through my laptop, but just tried it through my phone instead as I realised that's what you did... it's still just showing me the same stuff though. (n)

Thanks anyway bud. Hopefully it's just the tracking messing up and the item is actually on its way!

Hmmm odd, I found it weird that mine said and still says info on my item is not avaliable yet but then I have that button underneath and tells me when it got to Heathrow. Strange

Well I hope yours is fine and gets you soon and everyone else that's waiting

I've finally opened my full slip A and I'll post some pics tomorrow but a few things I'll mention.
The slip in hand is lovely. It has this kind of shiny metal look (can't really describe it but it's nice), the front of the book is beautiful with this strange see-through light purple gloss swoosh. It's very cool and the inside is lovely with decent extremely clear and bright photos. This is how books should be done (I've only got the master to go by which is also lovely), I'm very happy with the art cards (love the blurry hammer action scene art card), photo cards and poster aswel as the envelope.

But I'm a slightly dissapointed with the steel, the image is quite dark and faint at the same time so it makes it harder to see the art, when you compare it to the art cards of the same images the art cards are much much brighter. So that's a bit dissapointing because the front and back steel art is lovely on the art cards. The back is the darkest with oldboy coming out the elevator.

Also it would of been cool to have a little info sheet inside the slips or steel (just one sheet of paper) for this release.
Because of the 3 discs content it would make it easier intstead of having to check the website each time you want to know the features.
There is some bits in the back of the book for the special features but I'm pretty sure they only mention 1 disc in English

Also my steel has a couple of faint marks on the back.

Overall I'm very happy but the steel could of been a tad brighter like the art cards

Have a chance to unwrap this a few days back, I don't know... but I felt it wasn't as par as regular Plain Archive (high) standard in terms of steelbook, slip (I've got full slip A) quality... I felt it was just good... how you guys thinking? Or was it just me...

Reactions: lolwut
Hmmm odd, I found it weird that mine said and still says info on my item is not avaliable yet but then I have that button underneath and tells me when it got to Heathrow. Strange

Well I hope yours is fine and gets you soon and everyone else that's waiting

I've finally opened my full slip A and I'll post some pics tomorrow but a few things I'll mention.
The slip in hand is lovely. It has this kind of shiny metal look (can't really describe it but it's nice), the front of the book is beautiful with this strange see-through light purple gloss swoosh. It's very cool and the inside is lovely with decent extremely clear and bright photos. This is how books should be done (I've only got the master to go by which is also lovely), I'm very happy with the art cards (love the blurry hammer action scene art card), photo cards and poster aswel as the envelope.

But I'm a slightly dissapointed with the steel, the image is quite dark and faint at the same time so it makes it harder to see the art, when you compare it to the art cards of the same images the art cards are much much brighter. So that's a bit dissapointing because the front and back steel art is lovely on the art cards. The back is the darkest with oldboy coming out the elevator.

Also it would of been cool to have a little info sheet inside the slips or steel (just one sheet of paper) for this release.
Because of the 3 discs content it would make it easier intstead of having to check the website each time you want to know the features.
There is some bits in the back of the book for the special features but I'm pretty sure they only mention 1 disc in English

Also my steel has a couple of faint marks on the back.

Overall I'm very happy but the steel could of been a tad brighter like the art cards
Typical service from Royal Mail I suppose. I occasionally receive emails from them telling me that my item is out for delivery AFTER they've already delivered it. :rolleyes:

If mine doesn't turn up this week or I see no updates via the tracking, then I'll probably contact PA about it... seems strange that I seem to be the only one in the UK who can't track the item at all.

Slip A sounds/looks pretty nice! I went with B myself, and from what I've seen I feel like I made the right choice. I'll obviously share my full opinion once I receive it though and see everything in hand. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and Flloydo
I occasionally receive emails from them telling me that my item is out for delivery AFTER they've already delivered it. :rolleyes:

This will be down the driver - they manually trigger the delivery notifications and time estimations - I had a package last week delivered and they hadn't notified me of the time - driver apologised and said he'd forgotten to trigger it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
Just received mine from Royal Mail this morning (Type B).

14HYMYG.jpg

For those with Steelbook protection slipcovers, it is too much of a tight fit in a SCF2 because it's ever so thicker than than the usual Fullslips. A SCF4 is much better (as pictured above) with small room to breathe :thumbs:

I honestly thought the OldBoy logo would have a pearl / holographic effect, but no, just glossy all over the slip case.

Reactions: Ranavalone
This will be down the driver - they manually trigger the delivery notifications and time estimations - I had a package last week delivered and they hadn't notified me of the time - driver apologised and said he'd forgotten to trigger it.
Hmm yep, typical Royal Mail! They hardly ever ask for my signature when I receive a parcel that should be signed for either, so they could be giving it to the wrong person for all they know.

But anyway... thankfully my copy just turned up, and the tracking has suddenly been updated. I now see the "where has my item been?" button you mentioned @Flloydo, but all it shows when I click it is that it's been delivered. :rolleyes:

Part 2 of 2

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tried to show the art card compared to the same image on the back of the steel but again it don't look to bad in the photo but in hand it's much darker

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

With the 2 disc DVD, original Steelbook and orange translucent record store day vinyl (art card came with the DVD back in the day)
image.jpeg

Unfortunately mine has a few scuffs on the steel and the slip :(

image.jpeg

Just received mine from Royal Mail this morning (Type B).

14HYMYG.jpg

For those with Steelbook protection slipcovers, it is too much of a tight fit in a SCF2 because it's ever so thicker than than the usual Fullslips. A SCF4 is much better (as pictured above) with small room to breathe :thumbs:

I honestly thought the OldBoy logo would have a pearl / holographic effect, but no, just glossy all over the slip case.

That purple full slip should have been a PET slip.

Such an opportunity wasted.

Reactions: nicblue
Just opened mine and I love it overall... although I can understand what people mean about it not being up to PA's usual standards. They could've done a bit more with the slip (I'm referring to Type B), whether it be a special sort of finish or making it a PET slip. I do still really like it as it is though!

My only real complaint is the fact that the steelbook art is quite dark, as @Flloydo already mentioned. I held it up in direct sunlight and still struggled to make out all of the details... whereas they're pretty clear on the postcard with the exact same art. I guess the quality is always going to look better printed on paper than metal though.

Other than that... I love the slip, love the book, love the postcards, love the sticker, and I love the disc designs. Oh, and not that I'm too fussed about numbers, but I managed to snag #83, which I believe is the lowest numbered PA edition I own. I didn't even think I was that fast when it came to ordering... not compared to some of you Speedy Gonzales on here anyway. :p

Just opened mine and I love it overall... although I can understand what people mean about it not being up to PA's usual standards. They could've done a bit more with the slip (I'm referring to Type B), whether it be a special sort of finish or making it a PET slip. I do still really like it as it is though!

My only real complaint is the fact that the steelbook art is quite dark, as @Flloydo already mentioned. I held it up in direct sunlight and still struggled to make out all of the details... whereas they're pretty clear on the postcard with the exact same art. I guess the quality is always going to look better printed on paper than metal though.

Other than that... I love the slip, love the book, love the postcards, love the sticker, and I love the disc designs. Oh, and not that I'm too fussed about numbers, but I managed to snag #83, which I believe is the lowest numbered PA edition I own. I didn't even think I was that fast when it came to ordering... not compared to some of you Speedy Gonzales on here anyway. :p

Glad yours arrived

Still waiting on mine

Hope yours arrives soon Matt

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and cooey