• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recently bought the Oldboy Plain Archive Exclusive Steelbook Full Slip Type B from Ebay. When looking at the Slipbox I noticed that some of the writing was a bit off like it was printed twice (See Pictures) and not that fully printed properly and was wondering whether this was a fake or if it was just a printer error. It came sealed with the Plain Archive Sticker on the back and I scrutinized the whole package and found it to be of superb quality i.e. the Booklet, Envelope and Steelbook so maybe it isn't a fake but just a printing error. Also when looking at certain angles on the Slipbox and by feel that the words are specially printed or embossed on so if it is a fake its really good.

Attachments

• 20200421_004416.jpg
    20200421_004416.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 122
  • 20200421_004222.jpg
    20200421_004222.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 131
  • 20200421_004246.jpg
    20200421_004246.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 117
  • 20200421_004309.jpg
    20200421_004309.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 126
  • 20200421_004650.jpg
    20200421_004650.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 116
I just recently bought the Oldboy Plain Archive Exclusive Steelbook Full Slip Type B from Ebay. When looking at the Slipbox I noticed that some of the writing was a bit off like it was printed twice (See Pictures) and not that fully printed properly and was wondering whether this was a fake or if it was just a printer error. It came sealed with the Plain Archive Sticker on the back and I scrutinized the whole package and found it to be of superb quality i.e. the Booklet, Envelope and Steelbook so maybe it isn't a fake but just a printing error. Also when looking at certain angles on the Slipbox and by feel that the words are specially printed or embossed on so if it is a fake its really good.

Moved your post here for better visibility.

Errors in printing are not uncommon, such as misalignment etc... I didn’t buy this one so can’t share more but I’m sure the guys who do have it can confirm.

Hi @sulezraz you're okay its a legit copy. I got mine direct back in the day and its due to the finish and flocking on the lettering that in some light it looks spot on and sometimes looks misaligned. See pics below of my copy which is the same :):thumbs:

IMG_20200421_144515.jpg IMG_20200421_144502.jpg

Reactions: hatredhorror
i dont think a fake would make any sense from an economical perspective.. the cost of a high quality full slip would outweigh the profit, especially in this case where the edition is still available close to retail price

Hey everyone...definitely late on this release but does anyone have any of this release to sell? Or know where I can find copies other then eBay? Thx.

Maybe contact Plain Archive? I know they are sitting on some orders because they are still not back to full international shipping. Maybe there's been a few cancellations....?

Worth a try.
Hey everyone...definitely late on this release but does anyone have any of this release to sell? Or know where I can find copies other then eBay? Thx.

I've got one purple slip for sale. Factory sealed and mint with sticker.
PM me for more info :)

Reactions: Alexwill03
Maybe contact Plain Archive? I know they are sitting on some orders because they are still not back to full international shipping. Maybe there's been a few cancellations....?

Worth a try.
How do you mean? Site says sold out. You mean from an email customer service standpoint?

I don't think he'll like my offer of 100€ shipped to the US (30€ being shipping alone) ;)