Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to have that attitude with every thing you watch you might as well stick to documentaries. It's a movie for Gods sake. A popcorn movie at that. You then then tell people to watch Die Hard instead. One of the most over-the-top far fetched action movies of all time.

How hypocritical

I just watched this film. About 30 minutes into it, I told my wife I would be right back. I left the room without pausing the movie and logged into my Zavvi account. I proceeded to cancel my preorder for the OHF steelbook.

I haven't been this insulted and outraged by a movie in a LONG time. I sincerely hope and pray to God that our Police, armed forces, Secret Service, and Joint Chiefs of Staff operate better than this! Whoever the "technical consultant" for this movie was should never be allowed to do another movie. It would take too long to debunk the glaring mistakes that this film makes with SS procedures, military tactics, etc...Its better to just recommend that NOBODY waste their time with this intelligence-insulting film. Gerard Butler was good until he started channeling John Mclane.My advice: watch Die Hard and 300.

I'm reminded of the line in Billy Madison: Dear Mr. Fuqua (Director) "What you've just filmed is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent film were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this theater is now dumber for having watched it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I don't know many popcorn movies that were created giving a damn at all about accuracy, facts and sticking to procedure. I believe they are made for fun, but anyway. Each to their own.

If you're going to have that attitude with every thing you watch you might as well stick to documentaries. It's a movie for Gods sake. A popcorn movie at that. You then then tell people to watch Die Hard instead. One of the most over-the-top far fetched action movies of all time.

How hypocritical

Who said I felt that way about everything I watch? Die Hard was original and plausible. Nothing hypocritical about my recommendations, but thanks for the personal attack.

Who said I felt that way about everything I watch? Die Hard was original and plausible. Nothing hypocritical about my recommendations, but thanks for the personal attack.

I'm sorry you think that way. It's not a personal attack. Everyone has their own opinions. It's just that yours made no sense!

''Gerard Butler was good until he started channeling John Mclane.My advice: watch Die Hard''

What does that even mean? On one hand it's sounds like your saying 'it was good until it turned into Die Hard', then you're telling people to watch Die Hard instead??? :dunno:

In reality I'd imagine it's probably near on impossible to launch an attack on the White House. Purely for 'popcorn movie' reasons, I'm sure one or two security situations were overlooked for this movie

I'd have thought most people would have known that you had to 'leave your brain at the door' when watching a movie of this calibre. Zero Dark Thirty it ain't!! :rolleyes:

Oh, and I can't believe you think swinging from an eighty story building on a hose pipe is plausible!! :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Konflick
For me this is my fav film after die hard and i dont mind if those guys destroyed white house totally. This is only a film for goodness sake:D

My both is for you Blusteel2012 and totally agreed with you mate

Reactions: BluSteel2012
It was ok if you can take it for what it is, fiction-action. Realistic? No, but I doubt that was the intention from the start. And I am sure all the SS and Seals etc that watch this will have a good laugh :p

Great popcorn flick! Cheesy at times... yes, but enjoyable none the less. Action from start to finish. I would give it an 8 of 10 because I took it for what it was, a little over the top action flick with a great cast

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Great action. Stupid stuff blowing up, bullets flying everywhere (but none hit the hero in a deadly manner of course), patriotic music throughout and actors taking there roles overly seriously in a super cheesy movie.... whats there too not like? 2 hours well spent with my brain turned off I say :)

Now I cant wait to watch Olympus Has Fallen part 2 (aka. White House Down), lol.

Reactions: jcm