omg i finally done it.....

Basil

The Helpful Fox
Premium Supporter
Oct 13, 2013
UK portsmouth
right for last year and a half my wife has been nagging me to tidy up and sort out my steel shelves, slowly but surely for last 4 years or so have been filing up to the point you got steels infront of steels and she on occasion has been putting them back up but not back in the right place so the 2 book cases have got them everywhere.

anyway today her nagging was really starting to get on my nerves and i finally bit the bullet and went thru the lot, which i have so been putting off because of the mess it had become.
anyway net result getting rid of 40 to 50 steels which im going to give to my father in law, hes a hoarder and a film lover. the mother in law said to me why i dont sell them. answer i can't be bothered.
anyway if nothing else give him something to watch, do what he will with the others.:D

question i have for you all have any of you been putting doing off anything similar or is it just me being lazy here?

basil :thumbs:

right for last year and a half my wife has been nagging me to tidy up and sort out my steel shelves, slowly but surely for last 4 years or so have been filing up to the point you got steels infront of steels and she on occasion has been putting them back up but not back in the right place so the 2 book cases have got them everywhere.

anyway today her nagging was really starting to get on my nerves and i finally bit the bullet and went thru the lot, which i have so been putting off because of the mess it had become.
anyway net result getting rid of 40 to 50 steels which im going to give to my father in law, hes a hoarder and a film lover. the mother in law said to me why i dont sell them. answer i can't be bothered.
anyway if nothing else give him something to watch, do what he will with the others.:D

question i have for you all have any of you been putting doing off anything similar or is it just me being lazy here?

Putting doing off anything ?

The Christmas Tree is still up here :LOL:

I know right. Shortly after u put it away u need to bring it out again. Time goes way too fast lol

it's just cause it's a complicated tree to put up, the branches are distant from each others so we can wrap up strings of lights around each and every branchs of the tree which takes about 3h. After we have to put decorations so all together just to put up it's an 8h job... to take down it seems worse as there is the decorations all over the house and the trees so many boxes and it seems like there is no time after the holidays... I am saying to everybody one year we should just go out in the south on a beach somewhere and just be done with darn Christmas :joy:

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
it's just cause it's a complicated tree to put up, the branches are distant from each others so we can wrap up strings of lights around each and every branchs of the tree which takes about 3h. After we have to put decorations so all together just to put up it's an 8h job... to take down it seems worse as there is the decorations all over the house and the trees so many boxes and it seems like there is no time after the holidays... I am saying to everybody one year we should just go out in the south on a beach somewhere and just be done with darn Christmas :joy:
Haha i dont blame u at all! Less stressful lol!

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Haha i dont blame u at all! Less stressful lol!

I just think it would be fun for everybody to just get away from everything for the holidays. It is fun but, so much stress and pressure. No one has their Christmas List ready on time, we run, we shop and spend so much, it might be just nice to just go on a beach somewhere and just drink Pina Coladas on the beach ;)

• Thanks
I just think it would be fun for everybody to just get away from everything for the holidays. It is fun but, so much stress and pressure. No one has their Christmas List ready on time, we run, we shop and spend so much, it might be just nice to just go on a beach somewhere and just drink Pina Coladas on the beach ;)
A lot of people do this. Dont keep saying u should do it. Just do it! ;)

• Thanks
A lot of people do this. Dont keep saying u should do it. Just do it! ;)

I know, but it's about everybody to get on with the idea of it... but I so agree either way, we spend as much
...but I think I am in a somewhat crisis as I am fed up with city life and I think I am ready for a laid back style of life
darn HGTV (Home and Garden Television)...House hunters international oh I just want to get away :oohyeah:

• Thanks

actarus had same issue as you some years ago we had a tree that had all colour coded branches for each level put in one branch at a time, story cut short after few years of this me and wife had enough of this it went in the bin.
reason being at asda saw a 6ft snow blown prelit tree all with hinged branches, all unfolded braches all pulled apart in about 40mins ready working to be decorated and only cost £50 as well.
best thing we ever did shame the old £100 tree went but wish we never had bought it tbh.

also last year after christmas i have bought a whole load of christmas wall light up decs and other stuff :D
this year think it be at least 2months up as i have now got a shed load to go up.

boughts alot from link below but that was back in jan/feb time go on you know you want to look:LOL:
https://www.xs-stock.co.uk/christmas/

all the best

• Thanks