One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon.de Exclusive) [Germany]

May 8, 2011
ipswich uk
Release date: October 9, 2014
Purchase link: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Price: €14.99

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very confusing... one image shows German text, the other English text. :confused:

@augustus Only the bottom quarter/blue section is the J-card... the rest is the actual steel.

Very confusing... one image shows German text, the other English text. :confused:

@augustus Only the bottom quarter/blue section is the J-card... the rest is the actual steel.

I'm aware of that. I'm going by the side on image, as opposed to the frontal one which doesn't look realistic to me. The side on image looks the more authentic of the two, and shows the title to be in English on both the front and the spine. The German text only appears on the J-card.

If you check the artwork for the other Warner Germany titles being released on the same date, "Once Upon a Time in America", "Devil's Advocate" and "Westworld", the titles on both front and spine are in English. Only the J-cards are in German. It doesn't make sense that "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" should be any different, which is why I think the image with the German text is incorrect.

By the way, I do know the difference between a J-card and the actual Steelbook. I'm not an idiot!

I'm aware of that. I'm going by the side on image, as opposed to the frontal one which doesn't look realistic to me. The side on image looks the more authentic of the two, and shows the title to be in English on both the front and the spine. The German text only appears on the J-card.

If you check the artwork for the other Warner Germany titles being released on the same date, "Once Upon a Time in America", "Devil's Advocate" and "Westworld", the titles on both front and spine are in English. Only the J-cards are in German. It doesn't make sense that "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" should be any different, which is why I think the image with the German text is incorrect.

By the way, I do know the difference between a J-card and the actual Steelbook. I'm not an idiot!
Sorry, that's not what I was implying... what you said in your previous post wasn't very clear to me, so maybe I'm the idiot for not understanding. :p

I guess we'll just have to wait and see to be 100% sure on this one though. But hopefully you're right!

finally a steelbook for this awesome film...i'm not very convinced about the art and we have to see if they do back art or lettering....i like the art for the digi better...

If you click on the link to amazon.de, the artwork displayed on their webpage for this release includes a side on shot of the Steelbook, on which the title is in English, front and spine, with the German text only on the J-card.

Maybe they have the first pic with the german text to show german customers what it is (although the j card gets that job done).. the English title makes the steel look much better so if that is the end product I'm 100% in!
Hope we find out some concrete info soon along with price and the rest of the artwork.

Thanks for pointing out the English title cos I was disappointed when I saw the title in the op:thumbs::happy: