Only Lovers Left Alive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release date: September 15th, 2014
Buy link: Only Lovers Left Alive
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies, WEA (World Exclusive art)

only.jpg

onlyinside.jpg

only3.jpg

Picked up from a couple of other sources:

Big news from Soda Pictures, as the independent has unveiled a major new initiative involving US director Jim Jarmusch. As well as releasing the director's latest Only Lovers Left Alive on home entertainment formats in September, the independent label has also cannily acquired the rights to many of the director's early classics, Permanent Vacation, Stranger Than Paradise, Down By Law, Mystery Train, Night on Earth and Dead Man. Only Lovers Left Alive is being released across all format, including a Steelbook.

A Blu-ray box set of the six early Jarmusch titles is due on October 6. The activity will see a month-long Jarmusch season a the BFI, both in London and touring, and Down By Law will also get a theatrical re-release. Commenting on the plans, Soda's Eve Gabereau said: "It is very exciting to bring Jarmusch's film back to the fore of audience attention, especially newcomers through the Only Lovers fan base. They are in for a treat. And, for followers they can jump right back into his work in newly mastered glory."

More info to follow..

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 285
Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up from a couple of other sources:

Big news from Soda Pictures, as the independent has unveiled a major new initiative involving US director Jim Jarmusch. As well as releasing the director's latest Only Lovers Left Alive on home entertainment formats in September, the independent label has also cannily acquired the rights to many of the director's early classics, Permanent Vacation, Stranger Than Paradise, Down By Law, Mystery Train, Night on Earth and Dead Man. Only Lovers Left Alive is being released across all format, including a Steelbook.

A Blu-ray box set of the six early Jarmusch titles is due on October 6. The activity will see a month-long Jarmusch season a the BFI, both in London and touring, and Down By Law will also get a theatrical re-release. Commenting on the plans, Soda's Eve Gabereau said: "It is very exciting to bring Jarmusch's film back to the fore of audience attention, especially newcomers through the Only Lovers fan base. They are in for a treat. And, for followers they can jump right back into his work in newly mastered glory."

More info to follow..

Saw this on another forum the other day. Of course the news was eclipsed by the anticipation of a Jarmusch boxset on October 6th (a week before my birthday!), but Only Lovers Left Alive (of which the amaray I already have pre-ordered) will be 15th September unless they change the date.

I'll likely only get this if the artwork's any good and it's a sensible price. This will be Soda's first steelbook I believe...

One of Jarmusch's best soundtracks by the way. A mixture of stoner/drone/shoegaze/psychedelic rock from his band SQÜRL (with one track featuring lead singer of Cults), and music from lute player Jozef Van Wissem (working especially well in the Moroccan-set scenes).

(BTW, if anyone's interested...Soda have also just announced a Kelly Reichardt boxset to be released in the summer, featuring Wendy & Lucy/Old Joy/Meek's Cutoff, in time for her new film coming to cinemas in August, Night Moves)

Last edited:
Saw this on another forum the other day. Of course the news was eclipsed by the anticipation of a Jarmusch boxset on October 6th (a week before my birthday!), but Only Lovers Left Alive (of which the amaray I already have pre-ordered) will be 15th September unless they change the date.

I'll likely only get this if the artwork's any good and it's a sensible price. This will be Soda's first steelbook I believe...

One of Jarmusch's best soundtracks by the way. A mixture of stoner/drone/shoegaze/psychedelic rock from his band SQÜRL (with one track featuring lead singer of Cults), and music from lute player Jozef Van Wissem (working especially well in the Moroccan-set scenes).

(BTW, if anyone's interested...Soda have also just announced a Kelly Reichardt boxset to be released in the summer, featuring Wendy & Lucy/Old Joy/Meek's Cutoff, in time for her new film coming to cinemas in August, Night Moves)

I am so very interested. Thanks for the info! :D have been miffed about Meek's Cutoff not getting a UK BD for a while.

Yet to see the film, but I've heard very good things and I liked the look of the trailer... may blind-buy depending on art and price.

Missed this at the cinema but really wanted to watch this, seems to have gained positive reviews with great cast and original twist to a Vampire movie.

Very stylish looking film, a blind buy for me but will definitely be picking this one up! :oohyeah:

Here's the trailer:

Reactions: Punker76
I am so very interested. Thanks for the info! :D have been miffed about Meek's Cutoff not getting a UK BD for a while.

Same...I bought the Soda Pictures DVD release soon after it came out and enjoyed it. Certainly not for everybody but definitely one of the most unique voices in American cinema from the past decade. I'll be getting that set no doubt about it.

I'm hoping the steelbook for Only Lovers Left Alive is similar to the artwork on the soundtrack LP. My guess is it will be.

Reactions: Skog
Missed this at the cinema but really wanted to watch this, seems to have gained positive reviews with great cast and original twist to a Vampire movie.

Very stylish looking film, a blind buy for me but will definitely be picking this one up! :oohyeah:

Here's the trailer:

Has Mia in it....ah, Mia.....:drool:

Def not your average movie but I'm not completely nuts over it to be honest
Would have to be a great looking steel at a good enough price to sway me internal purchasing

Just watched the trailer. Don't know how I missed this! Looks interesting

Looks like a schoolgirl's diary. :D
Hoping it will be flat and gloss, I expect to be disappointed on both accounts.