Only Lovers Left Alive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release date: September 15th, 2014
Buy link: Only Lovers Left Alive
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies, WEA (World Exclusive art)

only.jpg

onlyinside.jpg

only3.jpg

Picked up from a couple of other sources:

Big news from Soda Pictures, as the independent has unveiled a major new initiative involving US director Jim Jarmusch. As well as releasing the director's latest Only Lovers Left Alive on home entertainment formats in September, the independent label has also cannily acquired the rights to many of the director's early classics, Permanent Vacation, Stranger Than Paradise, Down By Law, Mystery Train, Night on Earth and Dead Man. Only Lovers Left Alive is being released across all format, including a Steelbook.

A Blu-ray box set of the six early Jarmusch titles is due on October 6. The activity will see a month-long Jarmusch season a the BFI, both in London and touring, and Down By Law will also get a theatrical re-release. Commenting on the plans, Soda's Eve Gabereau said: "It is very exciting to bring Jarmusch's film back to the fore of audience attention, especially newcomers through the Only Lovers fan base. They are in for a treat. And, for followers they can jump right back into his work in newly mastered glory."

More info to follow..

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 284
Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered with the kickoff discount code.

Not sure if I'll keep it mind. Guess I'll see how the finances hold up come release day.
Tis a decent move and a very nice steel mind :thumbs:

was just about to go into the cinema last night & had to call my sister to order for me (Thanks Sam!)-just to be on the safe side

very slow burner of a movie (not as slow as Under the Skin!!!) but a worthwhile purchase...:scat::D:oohyeah:

• Informative
Reactions: Last Lizard
Ordered! I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm very much looking forward to it.

The front artwork should pop with the black, pink and white colour combination. Or will the white part turn out silver/grey?

The pink is not as bright as the mock up. Looks more red. Shame

I'll wager it turns out to be brighter than that pic makes it look... I think the bright yellow surface/side-view/light against the black gloss is playing a trick on our eyes...

Just cancelled my order for this one. The pink was a huge selling point for me.. seeing the actual pic above looking like maroon has turned me off on it.

I'm thinking/hoping it's just a case of the photo not doing it justice... not that it's a bad photo, but it's probably not the best for showing the steelbook off to its full potential. I mean, part of it is reflecting the yellow unit it's stood on, so that could possibly be making the pink appear darker. I wouldn't be surprised if the colours don't exactly match the mock-up though... it certainly wouldn't be the first time.