Only Lovers Left Alive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release date: September 15th, 2014
Buy link: Only Lovers Left Alive
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies, WEA (World Exclusive art)

only.jpg

onlyinside.jpg

only3.jpg

Picked up from a couple of other sources:

Big news from Soda Pictures, as the independent has unveiled a major new initiative involving US director Jim Jarmusch. As well as releasing the director's latest Only Lovers Left Alive on home entertainment formats in September, the independent label has also cannily acquired the rights to many of the director's early classics, Permanent Vacation, Stranger Than Paradise, Down By Law, Mystery Train, Night on Earth and Dead Man. Only Lovers Left Alive is being released across all format, including a Steelbook.

A Blu-ray box set of the six early Jarmusch titles is due on October 6. The activity will see a month-long Jarmusch season a the BFI, both in London and touring, and Down By Law will also get a theatrical re-release. Commenting on the plans, Soda's Eve Gabereau said: "It is very exciting to bring Jarmusch's film back to the fore of audience attention, especially newcomers through the Only Lovers fan base. They are in for a treat. And, for followers they can jump right back into his work in newly mastered glory."

More info to follow..

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 285
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to leave this until I've seen it.... Need to cut out the blind buys! Very glad I watched Need For Speed and Divergent before a potential purchase - two of the dullest films I've ever seen! Have heard very good things about this though...

@redlemon I think that second pic is from someones phone with HDR on. The j-card looks washed out and you can see the 'noise' from the camera on the pic too. I think it'll still be glossy like the first pic but if it's not sold out nearer release I might cancel and wait for in hand pictures and maybe a price drop.

Reactions: redlemon
Reactions: redlemon
Looks like certain parts (highlights on the characters) are metallic/silver... very nice! Looking forward to getting mine and rewatching the film. :D