Horror Chat Original or Reboot - sound off!

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Pick a movie and say which one you liked better!

poltergeist.jpeg
VS
poltergeist new.jpeg

I prefer the original

Reactions: PunkNinja
There are only few if any remakes I like better than the original, but since I want to start with optimism:

19300001241054132401311318206_950.jpg
VS
cronenberg06.jpg

I do like Cronenberg's film more.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Many Good reboots Like Alpacino in ScarFace, Capenter's The Thing, The 80's BLOB, Savini's Night of the Living Dead. Snyder's Dawn of the Dead among Others!!!!!

I would say the originals are usually always better than the remakes! I liked the Psycho remake more than the original even though it was basically the same film just updated.

image.jpg

VS
image.jpg

Have to say I'm very very fond of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot. I don't think it's as 'good' as the original but certainly on par IMO

Many Good reboots Like Alpacino in ScarFace, Capenter's The Thing, The 80's BLOB, Savini's Night of the Living Dead. Snyder's Dawn of the Dead among Others!!!!!

Don't forget, Last House on the Left (1972) and Invasion of the Body Sntachers (1978) were also remakes as well

I'll always give the reboot a go of a horror film i like. I enjoyed the Friday the 13th reboot and Banshee Chapter (remake of From Beyond)

Reactions: ocielz
Have to say I'm very very fond of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot. I don't think it's as 'good' as the original but certainly on par IMO

I thought Andrew Bryniarski was better than Gunnar Hansen in all honesty. Only time i've actually been scared of Leatherface

Reactions: cooey
There are a few remakes that I like , but apart from that only the originals

For example I prefer the original movie from Raimi as from Alvarez

Evil_dead_ver1.jpg
EvilDead2013Poster.jpg

Dawn of the Dead

1978 vs 2004

dawn-of-the-dead-2.jpg
MV5BMTI4OTU2NjY5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTQ2Mzg3._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

I love them both but I prefer 2004 version. I know many will disagree, but 2004 version is a great combination of action, horror and drama with high rewatch value while 1978 version isn't really aging well.

Reactions: ocielz
Invasion of the body snatchers - I much prefer the original (Absolutely love it in fact) that's not to say I don't like the 70's remake as its still a great movie

Invasion of the body snatchers - I much prefer the original (Absolutely love it in fact) that's not to say I don't like the 70's remake as its still a great movie

there is also 3rd version by Abel Ferrera if I remember corretly.

edit and fourth with Kidman & Graig