• Moonlight
  • Manchester By the Sea
  • Arrival
  • Lion
  • Fences
  • Hidden Figures
  • Hell or High Water
  • Hacksaw Ridge

What film do you think should win in this category?

The 2017 Academy Awards will be on Feb 26th.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Any number of the following could be nominated:

Arrival

Deadpool

Fences

Hacksaw Ridge

Hell or High Water

Hidden Figures

Jackie

La La Land

Lion

The Lobster

Manchester by the Sea

Moonlight

Sing Street

Silence

Sully

The frontrunners are La La Land, Manchester by the Sea, and Moonlight. My pick is La La Land, but Manchester by the Sea is a darn good movie.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I am trimming down my previous list to what I think will be announced today.

Arrival

Fences

Hacksaw Ridge

Hell or High Water

Hidden Figures

La La Land

Lion

Manchester by the Sea

Moonlight

If I think any of these films will fall out of the final nominations, I think it would be one of the H's (Hacksaw Ridge, Hell or High Water, or Hidden Figures). I think that Hidden Figures has come on strong of late, and maybe the fact that Hacksaw Ridge and Hell or High Water were released a while back may hurt them a bit. I still say the three front-runners are La La Land, Manchester by the Sea, and Moonlight.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I am trimming down my previous list to what I think will be announced today.

Arrival

Fences

Hacksaw Ridge

Hell or High Water

Hidden Figures

La La Land

Lion

Manchester by the Sea

Moonlight

If I think any of these films will fall out of the final nominations, I think it would be one of the H's (Hacksaw Ridge, Hell or High Water, or Hidden Figures). I think that Hidden Figures has come on strong of late, and maybe the fact that Hacksaw Ridge and Hell or High Water were released a while back may hurt them a bit. I still say the three front-runners are La La Land, Manchester by the Sea, and Moonlight.

You must've somehow looked into the future because those are the exact nominations for Best Picture this year.

Shockingly enough, I haven't seen a single film on this list so far and honestly, the only ones I'm really interested in seeing are Arrival, Hell or High Water, and Hacksaw Ridge. Since those are the only ones I'm interested in, I'm sure none of them will win. :hilarious:

You must've somehow looked into the future because those are the exact nominations for Best Picture this year.

Shockingly enough, I haven't seen a single film on this list so far and honestly, the only ones I'm really interested in seeing are Arrival, Hell or High Water, and Hacksaw Ridge. Since those are the only ones I'm interested in, I'm sure none of them will win. :hilarious:
Those are all good. I think Arrival is the best of those three. But I highly recommend giving La La Land and Manchester by the Sea a shot.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and tridon
My goal is to watch ALL the Best Picture nominated films before the Oscars.
Right now I've only seen 5 / 9.

I got some movies to watch...
popcorn2.gif
(I stole that icon from @bloodsnake007 )

I still need to see Lion, Fences, and Hidden Figures... out of all the others La La Land is my favourite though. :thumbs:

source.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: kbr1656