• Moonlight
  • Manchester By the Sea
  • Arrival
  • Lion
  • Fences
  • Hidden Figures
  • Hell or High Water
  • Hacksaw Ridge

What film do you think should win in this category?

The 2017 Academy Awards will be on Feb 26th.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Been watching this show for the last 20 years and WOW.... that was the MOST awkard moment EVER!!!!
Just seeing the technician walking around the Lalaland group, I was like "Oh... something's wrong..." and BOOM!!!

Great show! Kimmel did a FANTASTIC job (tourists+candies+Damon feud were all PERFECT)! Just too bad the ONLY thing everybody will be taking for the next weeks is the Beatty fiasco (even if it wasn't his fault... poor guy)....

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: ash333 and subbuteo
WOW what a crazy finish!!!

That was NUTS.

I've watched it over a few times now and:
A. It was NOT Beatty's fault (although he should have said something when it said Emma Stone) he kept looking OVER and OVER in the envelope for the right card and wasn't sure what to do.
B. Faye just grabs the card and see's the film title and says LA LA Land. She barely looks at the card. NOT her fault.
C. if you pause it on the OUTSIDE of the envelope it says "Actress in a Leading Role".
D. Emma says she had her card and envelope the whole time.

C5pnsJ2XMAEgCME.jpg

So apparently they make 2 sets of Envelopes. One for each side of the stage.
Not sure how it happened. But Beatty was handed the extra Best Actress envelope not the Best Picture.

Things that confuse me...
- How did it take so long for them to come in and stop it? 3 of the producers had said their speeches before it was solved.
- The text/graphics guys in the booth PUT on the screen "BEST PICTURE WINNER: LA LA LAND"... Wouldn't they know that is wrong?

Anyways, I guess it doesn't really matter... just feel bad for BOTH la la land and moonlight.

Best Tweet:

A. It was NOT Beatty's fault (although he should have said something when it said Emma Stone) he kept looking OVER and OVER in the envelope for the right card and wasn't sure what to do.​
That's where I don't get it. M. Beatty is a well respected and brilliant man. Even if he's almost 80, you can clearly saw that he noticed something was wrong. Why not just stop the thing right there and ask the host Kimmel for help? Sure it would have looked "weird" but it would never be as weird as this is now for the history books.

When watching The Grammys 2 weeks ago, Adele was doing a song (hommage to George Michael) and she wasn't "satisfied" with her performance and after 1 min, she decided to stop, apologize and restart. This is a true professionnal and she wowed me for having the "courage" to do so.
I truly wished that M. Beatty would have done the same yesterday before announcing the wrong winner...​

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I'm surprised La La Land didn't win to be honest, but glad Moonlight won anyway. :)

Best thing about it was Gosling finding the whole situation pretty funny. :p

gosling.jpg

:LOL::rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck and Drum18
That's where I don't get it. M. Beatty is a well respected and brilliant man. Even if he's almost 80, you can clearly saw that he noticed something was wrong. Why not just stop the thing right there and ask the host Kimmel for help? Sure it would have looked "weird" but it would never be as weird as this is now for the history books.​

They are told to "open envelope, read what is on the card". I can't imagine how confused he was.
But yeah... probably would have been better to stop everything and say "something is wrong here". Instead hey just threw Faye under the bus.

Best thing about it was Gosling finding the whole situation pretty funny. :p
View attachment 297893

:LOL::rofl:

I think there might be more to the whole Gosling story...

C5sH_-FWUAEyN2A.jpg
"HAIL HYDRA"