OSCARS 2017 - Best Supporting Actress [POLL]

Best Supporting Actress

• Viola Davis (Fences)

• Michelle Williams (Manchester By the Sea)

• Naomie Harris (Moonlight)

• Nicole Kidman (Lion)

• Octavia Spencer (Hidden Figures)

Results are only viewable after voting.

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Best Supporting Actress
  • Viola Davis (Fences)
  • Michelle Williams (Manchester By the Sea)
  • Naomie Harris (Moonlight)
  • Nicole Kidman (Lion)
  • Octavia Spencer (Hidden Figures)
Who do you think should win in this category?

The 2017 Academy Awards will be on Feb 26th.

Last edited:
I think it will be the same lovely ladies from the Golden Globes nominations. The only one I could see not being nominated is Octavia Spencer, although I don't know who would replace her. Viola Davis will most likely win. Not only is she amazing in Fences, but she is due for a win. Although, watch out for Michelle Williams. She was dynamite in her limited screen time in Manchester by the Sea.

viola_davis_120116_fences.jpeg

Viola Davis
Fences

Naomie Harris
Moonlight

Nicole Kidman
Lion

Octavia Spencer
Hidden Figures

Michelle Williams
Manchester by the Sea

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Michelle Williams is one of my favourite actresses, but she was barely in the film, so she's probably not as deserving as the other nominees... although I've only seen Manchester and Moonlight, so I can't really comment on their performances yet unfortunately.

Michelle Williams is one of my favourite actresses, but she was barely in the film, so she's probably not as deserving as the other nominees... although I've only seen Manchester and Moonlight, so I can't really comment on their performances yet unfortunately.
She is barely in it, but she is very, very good in the time that she is. But Viola Davis is a big part of Fences, so much so that they could have put her in the leading role category. But that category was overflowing with talent and performances, so it was a wise call to put her in supporting. I think Viola Davis will finally win, although Harris and Williams have a good shot.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
She is barely in it, but she is very, very good in the time that she is. But Viola Davis is a big part of Fences, so much so that they could have put her in the leading role category. But that category was overflowing with talent and performances, so it was a wise call to put her in supporting. I think Viola Davis will finally win, although Harris and Williams have a good shot.
Definitely! You can always count on Williams to provide a great performance... and the fact she had me tearing up within just a few minutes of screen time says a lot about her acting abilities. I still need to check out Fences, but I'll happily take your word for it when it comes to Davis... she always gives it her all!

• Thanks
Reactions: kbr1656