Upcoming Outlander (Season 6) [Starz]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
outlander-53d50b177cc6b.jpg

Outlander - Starz
After serving as a British Army nurse in World War II, Claire Randall is enjoying a second honeymoon in Scotland with husband Frank, an MI6 officer looking forward to a new career as an Oxford historian. Suddenly, Claire is transported to 1743 and into a mysterious world where her freedom and life are threatened.

To survive, she marries Jamie Fraser, a strapping Scots warrior with a complicated past and a disarming sense of humor. A passionate relationship ensues, and Claire is caught between two vastly different men in two inharmonious lives. "Outlander" is adapted from the best-selling books by Diana Gabaldon.

Not what I expected for a season opener but it is a new season.
Too much flashbacks for me - I wanted the story to pick up from last season's finale of Claire finding out Jamie didn't die in the Battle of Culloden

this just got renewed for seasons 5 AND 6!!!

Starz also announced that a 13-episode Season 4, which is currently shooting in Scotland, will premiere in November 2018

Seasons 5 and 6???? Well I guess they might as well since Diana is working on the 9th book of this series.

Really!? I was wondering before how many books there are... Do you read them @ash333 ?
Does each season follow 1 book?

I'm curious if this will really go 9 seasons or not then... Or if that 9th book is even the last!? Would be nice to have a proper ending.

Really!? I was wondering before how many books there are... Do you read them @ash333 ?
Does each season follow 1 book?

I'm curious if this will really go 9 seasons or not then... Or if that 9th book is even the last!? Would be nice to have a proper ending.

No I have not read one book but my wife did and she said the show is pretty close to the books. Main changes are to streamline the events to make them easier to follow and to save time.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: kaw
No I have not read one book but my wife did and she said the show is pretty close to the books. Main changes are to streamline the events to make them easier to follow and to save time.

Save Time!? So the show is faster paced then the books!? HAHA oh dear! I love the show, but at times it feels VERY slow.

Can you ask her if they combine books at all? or is each book a season?