Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Tagline: Rise Up

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, Jing Tian, Rinko Kikuchi, Burn Gorman, Idris Elba, Adria Arjona, Zhang Jin, Charlie Day, Madeleine McGraw, Karan Brar, Ivanna Sakhno, Mackenyu Arata, Wesley Wong, Levi Meaden, Rahart Adams, Zhu Zhu, Nick E. Tarabay, Dustin Clare, Daniel Feuerriegel, Lily Ji, Shyrley Rodriguez, Ellen McLain, Sam Kalidi, Jamie Slater, Yingying Lan, Chen Zitong, Yongchen Qian

Release: 2018-03-21

Runtime: 111

Plot: It has been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes when the Kaiju threat returns.

He says that there was an early draft that featured him heavily, but with the shooting scheduling for Pacific Rim 2, he wasn’t able to fit it in, and so he’ll be unavailable.
While he won’t be participating in the round two of the kaiju vs. jaeger mayhem, Hunnam did say, “I’m very excited about it. I’m glad they’re making it.”

I'd say there is a chance he might come back for a part 3 if this one does well.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
It just bums me out because it becoming less and less the Pacific Rim that I love. No GDT, no Raleigh, and possibly no Gipsy? I don't know... :(

Same here man. I'm not as looking forward to this as I was anymore. Everything that made the first one great is gone. I'm not saying this may not be good but, well, let's see...

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
He says that there was an early draft that featured him heavily, but with the shooting scheduling for Pacific Rim 2, he wasn’t able to fit it in, and so he’ll be unavailable.
While he won’t be participating in the round two of the kaiju vs. jaeger mayhem, Hunnam did say, “I’m very excited about it. I’m glad they’re making it.”

I'd say there is a chance he might come back for a part 3 if this one does well.

Well hopefully this does well enough for a Part 3. If they keep alienating the original fans by removing core pieces of the first film, I'm not sure how well it will actually do in the long run.

Personally, I think a lot of this blame is falling on Universal. Legendary had more control when they made PR1 with Warner. Now that Pacific Rim is at Universal, it feels like what made PR1 so special is fading away. And Legendary has their Kong vs. Godzilla at Warner, so it seems like they don't even care about Pacific Rim anymore.

Same here man. I'm not as looking forward to this as I was anymore. Everything that made the first one great is gone. I'm not saying this may not be good but, well, let's see...

I'm going to hang on to hope that this is still good. With the current creative team, I think it'll be darker and more serious... it'll lose a lot of its campy, anime vibe that the first film had. I mean, since del Toro and Zak Penn wrote the sequel, it's gone through an additional four writers. I was all good with Jon Spaihts (Prometheus) and Derek Connolly (Jurassic World) working on it, but now it's being re-written by Kira Snyder (a writer on the TV series The 100) and Emily Carmichael (writer of a bunch of random indie things nobody has heard of). Like, I don't get it! Why the hell would there be THAT many re-writes over GDT's script? I'm beginning to think this is going to be a soft reboot of the franchise more than a sequel.

Reactions: IRON MAN
I'm beginning to think this is going to be a soft reboot of the franchise more than a sequel.

I'm thinking this is going to go the road of xXx sequel and then get rebooted again when Xander Cage is miraculously no longer dead. Ok fine! Wishful thinking that the third movie will bring back the original cast :p

I'm thinking this is going to go the road of xXx sequel and then get rebooted again when Xander Cage is miraculously no longer dead. Ok fine! Wishful thinking that the third movie will bring back the original cast :p

Screw the original cast! Now I want giant robots vs. giant monsters vs. Vin Diesel on a dirtbike! :hilarious:

Newcomer Cailee Spaeny Lands Female Lead in ‘Pacific Rim 2’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Source: Variety.com
cailee.jpg

Actress and pop singer Cailee Spaeny has landed the female lead in Legendary’s “Pacific Rim 2”

My exact reaction when I read this on Facebook yesterday!

I'm not too impressed by this new cast so far. With no word on any returning characters/actors or returning Jaegers -- and with GDT, by the looks of it, having nothing to do with the sequel now -- I'm becoming less and less excited for PR2. You'd think that Universal would want to guarantee a winning formula. I get that they're trying to keep costs down, but if they're not willing to bring back an established character or bring in a big-name star, I see this bombing harder than the first film... which, of course, would certainly kill the franchise... permanently.

Then again something new might not be a bad thing @tridon @bloodsnake007

If the same cast formula Jaggers then it could become stale and sequil after sequil .

Also I can remember seeing years ago a young good looking lad in a small comeing of age movie about him having mild learning difficulties dateing an older woman .

A few years later he was Martin Riggs , Mad Max , William Wallace .

I am trying to say that if that actor is ment for that role those of us now saying WHO ? . Could be the ones saying told you they where going to be mega stars .

Then again something new might not be a bad thing @tridon @bloodsnake007

If the same cast formula Jaggers then it could become stale and sequil after sequil .

Also I can remember seeing years ago a young good looking lad in a small comeing of age movie about him having mild learning difficulties dateing an older woman .

A few years later he was Martin Riggs , Mad Max , William Wallace .

I am trying to say that if that actor is ment for that role those of us now saying WHO ? . Could be the ones saying told you they where going to be mega stars .

I hear ya, Ann, but I also feel like they shouldn't just isolate all the fans who supported the series from the start. I'm not expecting all of the characters to return, but at least one or two familiar faces would be nice.

Source: ComingSoon.net

Pacific Rim 2 Finds Jing Tian Drift Compatible

Driftbar.jpg

Jing Tian is the latest name to join the cast of Legendary‘s Pacific Rim sequel. The actress, who is also set to appear in Zhang Yimou’s The Great Wall and Jordan Vogt-Roberts’ Kong: Skull Island, joins a cast that already includes John Boyega, Scott Eastwood and Cailee Spaeny.
popcorn2.gif

Production on the sequel to Guillermo del Toro’s “Pacific Rim” will be getting underway sooner with shooting to begin in November this year in Australia and China. Steven S. DeKnight is taking over as director of the film which stars John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny and has just added Levi Meaden (“Aftermath”) and Jing Tian (“New Police Story”) to its roster. The film is targeting a February 23rd 2018 release.
image.jpeg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Soruce: EpicStream.com

John Boyega already finished filming for Star Wars: Episode VIII, so now he's ready to take on his next major film: Pacific Rim 2. The 24-year-old British actor took it to Instagram to share a video from Legacy Effects Studio out of California as the film is about to start filming soon.

Boyega, best known for his role as Finn in The Force Awakens, is playing the son of Idris Elba's character from the first Pacific Rim film directed by Guillermo del Toro.

"Pac Rim prep at legacy effects! CREEPY!" John Boyega wrote, and added a reference to Idris Elba's Stacker Pentecost's speech: "My dad said it right the first time but I'll take it from here."

The clip shows a bust of Boyega most likely used to make his Jaeger pilot suit.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo