Pacific Rim: Uprising - In theaters March 23, 2018

• Hello Guest, this site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To read more about how we use them, please visit this page
  • The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect on May 25th 2018! Read more about how it impacts you

Scary Hair

Lost The Plot Ninja
Premium Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
Reactions
9,924 0 0
[MOVIE1]Title: Pacific Rim 2 (2018)

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Charlie Day and more...

Plot: Jake Pentecost, son of Stacker Pentecost, reunites with Mako Mori to lead a new generation of Jaeger pilots, including rival Lambert and 15-year-old hacker Amara, against a new Kaiju threat. [/MOVIE1]
[POSTER1]
[/POSTER1]

Last edited by a moderator:

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Reactions
66,404 1 0
Legendary and Universal revealed the first synopsis:
The globe-spanning conflict between otherworldly monsters of mass destruction and the human-piloted super-machines built to vanquish them was only a prelude to the all-out assault on humanity in Pacific Rim Uprising.

John Boyega (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) stars as the rebellious Jake Pentecost, a once-promising Jaeger pilot whose legendary father gave his life to secure humanity’s victory against the monstrous “Kaiju.” Jake has since abandoned his training only to become caught up in a criminal underworld. But when an even more unstoppable threat is unleashed to tear through our cities and bring the world to its knees, he is given one last chance to live up to his father’s legacy by his estranged sister, Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi)—who is leading a brave new generation of pilots that have grown up in the shadow of war. As they seek justice for the fallen, their only hope is to unite together in a global uprising against the forces of extinction.

Jake is joined by gifted rival pilot Lambert (The Fate of the Furious’ Scott Eastwood) and 15-year-old Jaeger hacker Amara (newcomer Cailee Spaeny), as the heroes of the PPDC become the only family he has left. Rising up to become the most powerful defense force to ever walk the earth, they will set course for a spectacular all-new adventure on a towering scale.

tridon

Editor-in-chief
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Legendary and Universal revealed the first synopsis:
Nice to see Mako Mori mentioned in that synopsis, though it seems like she won't have much screen time. I still get a huge 'made for kids' vibe from this. Why else would they add in a 15-year-old girl who's a hacker? And no official mention of the Kaiju. I wonder if that's what the Jaegers will be facing in the sequel. I hope the Jaegers are up against new Kaiju and not just Jaegers with rogue pilots.

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Reactions
16,416 2 0
I hope I'm wrong. But this feels more like "transformers" then PacRim.

One thing I found interesting is the jaeger vs jaeger fights. I wonder if when there was no threat to earth, countries turned on each other and were at war?

pdbluray

"I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way"
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2013
UK, North West, Cheshire
Reactions
2,832 0 0

One thing I found interesting is the jaeger vs jaeger fights. I wonder if when there was no threat to earth, countries turned on each other and were at war?
My exact thought on it.

Don't know if it was because the trailer was so much brighter than PR 1 or what.

PR felt like GDT homage to the giant monster films of the past like Godzilla.
PR2 feels like holly woods homage to the standard transformers/power rangers films action films.

Also love Boyega but that moustache looks like a couple of Caterpillars have gotten stuck under his nose.

tridon

Editor-in-chief
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter

My exact thought on it.

Don't know if it was because the trailer was so much brighter than PR 1 or what.

PR felt like GDT homage to the giant monster films of the past like Godzilla.
PR2 feels like holly woods homage to the standard transformers/power rangers films action films.

Also love Boyega but that moustache looks like a couple of Caterpillars have gotten stuck under his nose.
This PR junkie is going to watch this trailer a few more times after I get home from work so I can really dissect it. I'll be back tonight with my thoughts. :thumbs:

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,636 0 0
So basically this film is about a bunch rich kids from Instagram with robots who have a grudge match destroying cities in their path because their dad didn't buy them a Ferrari for their sweet 16 until the kaju decide to turn up and become a threat? Then they have to use their expensive Christmas presents properly. No thanks

That's what I got from the trailer anyway

Completely agree with most the comments, this has a more transformers meets power rangers feel, the 15 year old girl hacker makes it sound like a kids film, why does Boyega need a tash just because his dad had one, hope it's not just constant jaeger vs jaeger.
Some of the shots like when the 4 jaegers get ready in their action poses at the end seems really cheesey but then other shots look GDT esque (scene in the snow).
I really think this will be a car crash.
Don't get me wrong the first isn't perfect, all cast in the original either over act or are terrible with accents except Charlie day and mako but it's entertaining when the action kicks off

Think this is the first time I've heard Boyega have an actual English accent since attack the block! Well that was rude boi English tbh

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, USA
Reactions
31,167 0 0
Overheard at Legendary Offices:
"Hey, you what made lots of money? Those Transformers movies."
"Yeah!"