This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Pacific Rim: Uprising - In theaters March 23, 2018

Discussion in 'Movies, Trailers, Cinema' started by Scary Hair, May 26, 2014.

1. Scary Hair

Scary Hair Lost The Plot Ninja
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,635
    Title: Pacific Rim 2 (2017)

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Charlie Day and more...

Plot: Follow-up to Guillermo del Toro's 'Pacific Rim'.
    [​IMG][/spoiler]

Attached Files:

#1 Scary Hair, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2017
    • Helpful Post Helpful Post x 1
  2. bloodsnake007

bloodsnake007 Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
    Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +40,793
    Looks like the Power Rangers and Tranformers fornicated and had this PR baby! :wacky:... all I know is that my ass is gonna be on a theater seat when this is released! :hungry: You can never go wrong with some robot p*rn! :naughty: :D

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  3. Noodles

Super Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +34,248
    Hmm, yeah... not feeling this one unfortunately. GDT's was original and exciting, whereas this just looks like a Transformers/Power Rangers rip-off. All those teenyboppers makes me think they're hoping to make this the next big thing and start a franchise out of it or something... no thanks! :wtf:

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  4. tridon

tridon Editor-in-chief
    Super Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,431
    So I've watched this trailer approximately a dozen or so times now and this is what I've come to...

While yes, it does look more Transformers/Power Rangers than Pacific Rim, it still looks kinda fun, so I'm going to watch it. When I watched the trailer for the first PR, I was immediately smiling. For this trailer, it took me about 5 or so watches before I started smiling. The little bit of the PR theme at the beginning of the trailer made me grin, but as soon as it cut to that crappy hip hop song with all the teenyboppers running around, my grin faded.

Now I've just come to realize that this was never going to be the sequel to PR that any fan would want, so I'm going to take it for what it is -- a soft reboot aimed more towards kids than adults like the first film. Mako Mori being all business-like kinda annoys me, and the toned down Newton and Herman is not really what I wanted... but at least they're all there.

The scenes in the sunlight look bad. There's a reason why GDT shot his film in the dark... in the rain.

But yeah, I'm finally smiling while watching the trailer. It's not what I wanted from my PR sequel, but if this succeeds and makes more bank than the first film, maybe we'll get a third film... and maybe that can bring back Raleigh Becket and Hannibal Chau (I want him to find his shoe).

I'm willing to give Uprising a shot, but please, Legendary... get rid of that crap music and bring back Ramin Djawadi and Tom Morello instead.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  5. bloodsnake007

bloodsnake007 Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
    Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +40,793

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1