Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Tagline: Rise Up

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, Jing Tian, Rinko Kikuchi, Burn Gorman, Idris Elba, Adria Arjona, Zhang Jin, Charlie Day, Madeleine McGraw, Karan Brar, Ivanna Sakhno, Mackenyu Arata, Wesley Wong, Levi Meaden, Rahart Adams, Zhu Zhu, Nick E. Tarabay, Dustin Clare, Daniel Feuerriegel, Lily Ji, Shyrley Rodriguez, Ellen McLain, Sam Kalidi, Jamie Slater, Yingying Lan, Chen Zitong, Yongchen Qian

Release: 2018-03-21

Runtime: 111

Plot: It has been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes when the Kaiju threat returns.

Guillermo del Toro on Pacific Rim 2, the Animated Series and Graphic Novel :thumbs:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120215

Last Thursday, we got the big announcement that Pacific Rim 2 will hit theaters on April 7, 2017 and that we're also getting an animated series and a continuation of the Pacific Rim: Tales from Year Zero prequel graphic novel. Now, director Guillermo del Toro has talked a bit more to the The Wall Street Journal about all three.

He says he will start designing Pacific Rim 2 with a core team in August, a process that can take anywhere from six to nine months.

He says that "it was hard to create a world that did not come from a comic book, that had its own mythology, so we had to sacrifice many aspects to be able to cram everything in the first movie. Namely, for example 'the Drift,' which was an interesting concept. [Then there was] this portal that ripped a hole into the fabric of our universe, what were the tools they were using? And we came up with a really, really interesting idea. I don't want to spoil it, but I think at the end of the second movie, people will find out that the two movies stand on their own. They're very different from each other, although hopefully bringing the same joyful giant spectacle. But the tenor of the two movies will be quite different."

It's interesting that he mentions both "The Drift" and the portal. Where do you think they could take those in the sequel?

As far as the animated series, Del Toro says they "are talking about all the possibilities in terms of networks. We’re formulating ideas that are, again, interesting and not the usual route, but the series tackles the stories that happened to pilots working in the Shatterdome, but also cadets learning how to become pilots. All of this happens prior to the first movie, and it gives you a little more depth into the background of certain characters that will appear in the second movie."

He also mentions that he was really happy with "Tales from Year Zero" and they are continuing the tales for the next three years. "So by the time the second movie comes out, you will have probably one year of the animation airing, and you will have three years of the comic book series ongoing, so we are trying for all these things to be canon, to be in the same universe, to not wing anything, so that if anyone... a lot of kids, for example, have discovered 'Pacific Rim' through the toys. They come in through the toys, and then they watch the movie, and then they learn this, they learn that through the movie or the comic book series, so we're trying to make it canon so we can expand the universe. And by the time we come into the second movie, you have a good feel for the world, and we can dedicate ourselves to character and ideas and spectacle."

:movie:

Last edited:
This is Fantastic news. The back story and integration . So much more in Tales from Year Zero. One hell of a sory arc that will appeal to ALL ages :scat:.

GREAT find Franky CHERRS SWEETHEART I LOVE YOU :LOL:

Gawrsh Ann... you made me blush!!!

[VD]http://i.imgur.com/H0q7AQR.gif[/VD]

I love you 2!!! :LOL: :scat: :thumbs:

I agree, Tales From Year Zero is a kick ass Graphic Novel! I'm glad they're continuing the tales for the next 3 years! More PR the better, the wait for the sequel will definitely be worth it! :movie:

When I first heard the news, it made my day!!! Can't wait to see it and it just made me wanna watch the 1st one again.
I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight :D

Reactions: bloodsnake007
When I first heard the news, it made my day!!! Can't wait to see it and it just made me wanna watch the 1st one again.
I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight :D

LOL! I just finished watching it like 15 minutes ago! :LOL: I love that fu**ing awesome movie!!! :oohyeah:

Enjoy it again buddy! :movie:

Exclusive: Guillermo del Toro Talks PACIFIC RIM Animated Series; Says It’s Envisioned as a Long Arc That Connects to PACIFIC RIM 2, Not Episodic

http://collider.com/pacific-rim-animated-series-details/

When Legendary Pictures and filmmaker Guillermo del Toro broke the news that Pacific Rim 2 was indeed moving forward with del Toro at the helm, fans were enthused to hear that they’d be returning to the rich, colorful world that del Toro had created in the first film. However, Legendary and del Toro dropped another surprising nugget of information at the same time, revealing that they’re also moving forward on an animated series adaptation of Pacific Rim. Details were scarce, but given how full del Toro’s Pacific Rim world seemed to be, an animated series iteration seemed like a perfect fit for the material.

Steve recently spoke with del Toro in anticipation of his upcoming FX series The Strain, and the filmmaker discussed the Pacific Rim animated series at length, revealing that it’s being envisioned as a long arc that bridges the gap between Pacific Rim and Pacific Rim 2 rather than an episodic series where adventures are wrapped up within the span of one episode. He also talked about the kind of network they’re looking for, the show’s focus on new characters, and more.

Del Toro moves into pre-production on Pacific Rim 2 this August in anticipation of the film’s release on April 7, 2017, but he said they’re already deep into development on the Pacific Rim animated series:

“We are right now in the middle of talking and negotiating with a few Japanese companies for the animation. We are talking to a couple of showrunners that have a strong animation background, [we’re] casting the writers room. What’s great is it’s a great set-up and a link between the first movie and the second movie. It really enhances the mythology of the characters; we have cameos of characters from the first movie, but mostly it’s a new set of characters. New jaegers, except for one or two, [and] new kaijus. It’s really fun.”

Del Toro added that Neca and the other collector and toy lines have all been wildly successful for Pacific Rim, so the property is a lucrative one. As for details regarding the animated TV show, del Toro said it will be very much in the spirit of the film:

“We’re going for a long arc, so the idea is to show a group of characters—we have pilots, functional jaegers, but we have all these younger characters. I really want to explore things that are complimentary to the things that I want to explore in the second movie: drift, what drifting does to you, what is needed to drift, a lot of stuff that I think is important, but also the jaeger technology, the kaijus being evolved, ideas about the precursors—the guys that control the kaijus. We have a lot of leeway in 13 episodes and I wanna make it sort of in the same spirit of Pacific Rim, which is the ideal audience for Pacific Rim was young—very young, 11-year-olds and so forth—but with really beautiful design and stories that make these characters interesting in a way that I found them interesting in, for example, Year Zero, the graphic novel that we did. And I think that’s the basic thrust of the thing.”

The filmmaker said this initial run is planned for 13 episodes, and while the show will likely skew young, del Toro is adamant that it not turn into an episodic, “story of the week” series:

“If it connects we’ll go on [to more seasons], but the thing is I don’t want it to be weekly adventures. I don’t want it to be like Chapter One is a little action thing and it gets resolved in 40 minutes or an hour and then the next episode, [it’s like] nothing happened. My favorite anime series always have a long arc.”

As for exactly where this thing might air, negotiations are ongoing but del Toro and Legendary are open to any possibility:

“Legendary is talking to a few outlets so I’d rather not disclose myself. The way we set up The Strain was to talk to everyone, literally, on the map, and then find who’s response we sort of jibe with the most. I think in this series, it would be great to find a place that can give it a proper presentation and can advertise the creation of the series. So we’re open to being pleasantly surprised everywhere.”

:movie:

Pacific Rim 2 Release Date Rushed Due To Godzilla 2014 Success? Sequel Plot Takes Place In Japan And It Would Focus On New Characters! Voltron Tribute Going To Happen?

pacific-rim-2.jpg

The Godzilla 2014 box office results have been revealed and the movie has been a success so far. With the "Kaiju" movie theme being a success, would Legendary Pictures rush the Pacific Rim 2 production to take advantage of the situation?

The Godzilla 2014 movie garnered a better-than-expected $93 million in U.S. ticket sales in its opening weekend and another $103 million from 64 overseas markets, the best international debut so far this year.

According to Business Week, Godzilla crushed in the U.K. and Russia, while Mexico-normally a tiny movie market-ended up as the movie's third-biggest foreign box office, with $9 million in ticket sales.

The massive debut easily towered over the last time the Japanese lizard hit theaters, in 1998. Adjusted for inflation, that movie grabbed $81 million during its opening weekend.

The contemporary Godzilla deployed a savvy strategy for attacking consumers. The film made sure not to miss large-format theaters, where fanboys and fangirls were happy to pay premiums for a supersize experience. Some 15 percent of the weekend's ticket revenue came from IMAX theaters, as each of the 353 giant screens that showed the film took in $40,057 on average.

It also helped that the movie isn't terrible, with raves from some critics and a 73 percent approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, which aggregates professional reviews.

But how does all of this relate to Pacific Rim 2?

Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull confirmed that he and Guillermo Del Toro are talking about Pacific Rim 2 and they are planning all the new stuff that will appear on the movie:

"I was literally just with Guillermo on the set of Crimson Peak," said Tull. "We talk about it and have some pretty great ideas. If they come to fruition and we get a great script, then we're open to it. Fans seem pretty passionate about it and working with Guillermo. So, we're open to it."

And Guillermo Del Toro is doing just that as it was reported that he is now writing a script/story draft to Pacific Rim 2

And not only that there are rumors circulating in various social networking sites that not only will Pacific Rim 2 have a new cast of characters and the film will take place in Japan, it will take some cues from iconic Japanese mecha animes in that Pacific Rim 2 will have Jaegers that will be formed via "combining" similar to Voltron!

This rumor comes from the fact that in Pacific Rim, the Kaiju's were being created to specifically counter the Jaegers. How can the humans counter the ever adapting Kaijus? By making Jaegers with "changing" parts by having it combine with different body parts each fight.

Of course this is just a rumor and they might not go on this route but since Pacific Rim is a tribute to Japanese Mecha/Kaiju culture, they will certainly make a nod to this sort of concept.
-- Gunther Barbosa (kdramastars.com)

Reactions: tridon
2017 sounds so far away, but its amazing how time flies when there are so many other awesome movies to supplement the years from many franchise type movies. ie. marvel/dc etc. I feel privileged to be living in this era of movies.

2017 sounds so far away, but its amazing how time flies when there are so many other awesome movies to supplement the years from many franchise type movies. ie. marvel/dc etc. I feel privileged to be living in this era of movies.

Ahh but it doesn't have Giant robots fighting giant aliens now, does it.
:naughty:

That's why I fu**ing LOVE this kick ass movie!!! :thumbs: Though the 3 year wait is gonna be torture!!! :angry: :( But I agree with you @Wreck, plenty of other awesome movies to keep us entertained util then... and in 2018, GODZILLA 2!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :drool: :cool:

My PR Homies! :cool: @tridon @Scary Hair @Apollon @PKAVFC @MGD @PunkNinja
Guillermo Del Toro Planning for PACIFIC RIM 3! Aiming to Begin Production on PACIFIC RIM 2 in Late 2015! :thumbs: :woot: :notworhy:

http://collider.com/pacific-rim-3-details-guillermo-del-toro/

In addition to just being a fun time at the movies, Pacific Rim showed the power of international box office. The movie made over three times as much internationally as it did domestically, and that was good enough to get Legendary Pictures to greenlight a sequel. Speaking to director and co-writer Guillermo Del Toro for his new movie The Book of Life—on which he served as a producer—he told us,
“We got the first draft of the movie now, and we are going to spend another 4-5 months on the screenplay before we start pre-production. We start pre-production next year in August-September and start shooting November-December next year.”

With regards to Pacific Rim 2, Del Toro reiterated how the sequel will be a different experience, and expanded to say:
“some of your favorite characters come back, some others don’t because we have decided that we’re going to shoot ambitiously and say ‘Let’s hope we have three movies,’ so some characters come in at the end of the second, hoping that it will ramp up on the third one.”

He’s also got big plans for the franchise. In addition to the animated series leading up to Pacific Rim 2, the sequel will not only be radically different that the first movie, but it will also attempt to lead into Pacific Rim 3. Pacific Rim 2 is set for release on April 7, 2017.

popcorn.gif