Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Tagline: Rise Up

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, Jing Tian, Rinko Kikuchi, Burn Gorman, Idris Elba, Adria Arjona, Zhang Jin, Charlie Day, Madeleine McGraw, Karan Brar, Ivanna Sakhno, Mackenyu Arata, Wesley Wong, Levi Meaden, Rahart Adams, Zhu Zhu, Nick E. Tarabay, Dustin Clare, Daniel Feuerriegel, Lily Ji, Shyrley Rodriguez, Ellen McLain, Sam Kalidi, Jamie Slater, Yingying Lan, Chen Zitong, Yongchen Qian

Release: 2018-03-21

Runtime: 111

Plot: It has been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes when the Kaiju threat returns.

I think it will have a third outing . The soul the team gave the Jaggers was imence

The momentum that the 1st movie has made with the disk , streaming I have a feeling it will go from snowball to Avalanche.

NO WAY WILL I MISS THIS . In bold RICH WE ARE GOING she is presently shoving her tablet undet his nose .

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
@Scary Hair - @tridon - @Apollon

‘Pacific Rim 2′ Will Feature Charlie Day and Burn Gorman

http://www.slashfilm.com/pacific-rim-2-returning-characters/

200_s.gif

Guillermo del Toro is pulling together the script for Pacific Rim 2, and it sounds like Charlie Day and Burn Gorman will be back for the sequel. Their characters are being written into the script, at least. We know that some of the characters from the original film won’t be back in a big way for the sequel, though they may show up in a proposed third movie. So the inclusion of those two guys is one of the first real bits of info we have about the second chapter of the big robots vs. monsters series that was given a shot in the arm with the formal announcement of the big-screen sequel.

While talking to del Toro about the DVD and Blu-ray release of The Strain Season 1, the director told Collider that the film starts off a couple years after the end of the first movie:

"It’s a few years after the first one. It’s not an immediate follow-up. It is the world having been freed of Kaiju, what happens to the world after – what happens to the Jaeger technology once the Kaiju are not a threat. It’s quite a jump."

And with the world changing quite a bit, there’s still room for the two argumentative scientists:

"It’s quite a different movie from the first one in that, but I think that two of our main characters like in the first one are Burn and Charlie. They are really, really – I mean, honestly, they are probably the guys I have the most fun writing along with Hannibal Chau so just from a purely selfish drive, I like writing them. I love writing for Charlie and Burn. I mean, [Burn's] in Crimson Peak for that reason, because I love working with him. You’re gonna get a lot of that, but the Kaijus are very different and you’re gonna see a very different type of the robots I think. It’s gonna be quite a different adventure."

popcorn2.gif

Exclusive: Rinko Kikuchi Talks Pacific Rim 2 and Star Wars: Episode VIII :thumbs:

Mako_Mori_2.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...fic-rim-2-and-star-wars-episode-viii#/slide/1
We had the chance to speak with Oscar-nominated actress Rinko Kikuchi (Babel) about her acclaimed new film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter and got a little insight–with help from her translator Yuko Kashiwagi–into Guillermo del Toro’s upcoming sequel Pacific Rim 2, for which she hopes to reprise her role as Mako Mori.

She also spoke about her avid interest in appearing in Star Wars: Episode VIII for which she could reunite with The Brothers Bloom director Rian Johnson.

ComingSoon.net: What’s the current status of Pacific Rim 2?

Rinko Kikuchi: (laughs) I hope I will be in it, but I haven’t heard anything about Pacific Rim 2.

CS: So Guillermo hasn’t gotten in touch with you?

Kikuchi: No, I think he wants me to be in the movie, but I’m not sure. There’s a lot I cannot talk about.

CS: During press for the first movie, you said you’d like to see Mako and Riley’s relationship intensify if there was a sequel.

Kikuchi: “Pacific Rim” did not follow the cookie cutter tradition of blockbusters where you have girl meets boy, they fall in love and get together and live happily ever after. So I think one of the themes that runs through “Pacific Rim” is how that relationship becomes a good strong relationship. You’re going into a realm that goes beyond just your standard boy/girl relationship.

CS: Word just dropped a few minutes ago that Disney has confirmed a May, 2017 release for Star Wars: Episode VIII. Your old buddy Rian Johnson is confirmed to direct as well.

Kikuchi: Wow. Right. I e-mailed him almost a year ago, I really wanted to join them, but there’s no role for me. I think he had an idea, because there was supposed to be a role for a Japanese and maybe I thought there’s something there, an idea might be there, but apparently there’s not!

There you have it. Keep in mind it is still early days on both projects, the important thing being Kikuchi’s enthusiasm for these franchises. Disney’s new Star Wars films in particular have been a revolving door for actors and directors, with scripts reworked and characters reportedly revamped or gender-swapped on a dime before production. Perhaps with the proper fan enthusiasm, Lucasfilm and Johnson can find a place in the Star Wars universe for a strong female role model like Kikuchi.

It’s also possible that Mako Mori could be benched for most if not all of Pacific Rim 2 by design, as Del Toro stated the following in October: “All I can say is some of your favorite characters come back, some others don’t because we have decided that we’re going to shoot ambitiously and say ‘Let’s hope we have three movies,’ so some characters come in at the end of the second, hoping that it will ramp up on the third one.”

Guilermo del Toro returns to the director’s chair for Pacific Rim 2, which he will co-write with Zak Penn for an April 7, 2017 release through Legendary and Universal. Less than two months later, Disney and Lucasfilm will unleash writer/director Rian Johnson’s Star Wars: Episode VIII on May 26, 2017.
@Scary Hair @tridon @Apollon
popcorn2.gif

‘Pacific Rim 2′ Pre-Production Halted; August 2017 Release Date Delayed Indefinitely

NooooOOOOOOO!!!!!
nooooooo_elf.gif

"Legendary wanted to produce a sequel to del Toro’s Pacific Rim, which was made under the Warners deal and turned into one of those films that grosses a lot ($411 million worldwide) while being so costly that a follow-up isn’t a sure thing. Sources say Legendary liked that the original performed exceptionally well in China, where the company is heavily invested, but for now the project — which had been ramping up to make a release date in August 2017 — has been halted indefinitely and will be pushed back (if it gets made at all)."

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18