Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Tagline: Rise Up

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, Jing Tian, Rinko Kikuchi, Burn Gorman, Idris Elba, Adria Arjona, Zhang Jin, Charlie Day, Madeleine McGraw, Karan Brar, Ivanna Sakhno, Mackenyu Arata, Wesley Wong, Levi Meaden, Rahart Adams, Zhu Zhu, Nick E. Tarabay, Dustin Clare, Daniel Feuerriegel, Lily Ji, Shyrley Rodriguez, Ellen McLain, Sam Kalidi, Jamie Slater, Yingying Lan, Chen Zitong, Yongchen Qian

Release: 2018-03-21

Runtime: 111

Plot: It has been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes when the Kaiju threat returns.

Curious. if you had to choose... Only 1 can get made...
Pacific Rim 2 or Hellboy 3?

What would you pick?
Great question @kaw! :thumbs:

You know my pick! :D As much as I would love to see a continuation of Hellboy (I doubt we'll ever get it :(), I definitely prefer to see Giant fu**ing Robots kicking some more Kaiju ass! :woot:
Hell yeah, thanks for the tag @bloodsnake007 , was just reading about that on Twitter.
@Apollon You're welcome my fellow Drifter! :cool:
tumblr_mqsbbny6mT1sd7wggo1_500.gif

Need an official announcement in order to get excited for any kind of news for Part 2. :sorry:

But I still believe it may happen... someday! :thumbs:

Reactions: tridon
It's dead, guys. GDT is a very busy dude -- projects consistently on the go. Legendary pushed Pacific Rim aside because Godzilla made them more money... and then they got the rights to Kong. Shared universes are all the rage these days, so they dropped PR for Godzilla vs. Kong. Universal could go ahead with PR2 still, but Crimson Peak's failure gives them zero faith in del Toro. And now GDT has received more offers...

Pacific Rim 2 is dead. :(

The best thing we can do is hope that the Godzilla/Kong universe becomes so successful that eventually Legendary brings Gipsy Danger into the fold. Even then, though, I doubt GDT would be involved at all. And that would only happen if Legendary can come to an agreement with both Warner (Kong and Godzilla) and Universal (Pacific Rim).

It's a clusterf*ck of a situation and it basically makes sure that all of the Pacific Rim fans are at the bottom of the barrel. I guess we should just be happy that we even got the first Pacific Rim to begin with and be happy that it had a proper ending without a cliffhanger. I honestly feel bad for GDT... he works his butt off on all of these projects and he's always crapped on. And I 100% blame Godzilla. As soon as that came out after Pacific Rim, I knew that the world and characters of PR would become an afterthought. Then again, I also blame GDT's so-called fans. The fact that Crimson Peak bombed that hard at the box office is absolute horsesh*t.

Oh, well... ten years ago, a film that made $411-million at the worldwide box office would be guaranteed for a sequel. These days with films like Star Wars and Jurassic World and Furious 7 making billions, though... I guess $411-million is now considered a bomb.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
ohhhhhhhhhh my godddd yesssssssssssssssssssss all aboard the hype train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hype nothings had more flipping hype than the last Star wars movie . Fine IF you like Star Wars . I do not want my Yougert , Computer , Lunch Bag , Bedding , Bags , Grocery shop internet serch Adverts filled with something I am not interested in at all .

WHEN this happens I'll get interested , I WILL get hyped when my tickets are in my hand.

Pacific Rim 2 I know will happen at some point , only a matter of time before studio's latch on to how much money they can rake in with this project .

More people have stepped on the moon than have ever been to the deepest part of our oceans Says a lot that , says a lot .

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Del Toro is a persistent fella. I'm certain he will get this going eventually.

It's dead, guys. GDT is a very busy dude -- projects consistently on the go. Legendary pushed Pacific Rim aside because Godzilla made them more money... and then they got the rights to Kong. Shared universes are all the rage these days, so they dropped PR for Godzilla vs. Kong. Universal could go ahead with PR2 still, but Crimson Peak's failure gives them zero faith in del Toro. And now GDT has received more offers...

Pacific Rim 2 is dead. :(

The best thing we can do is hope that the Godzilla/Kong universe becomes so successful that eventually Legendary brings Gipsy Danger into the fold. Even then, though, I doubt GDT would be involved at all. And that would only happen if Legendary can come to an agreement with both Warner (Kong and Godzilla) and Universal (Pacific Rim).

It's a clusterf*ck of a situation and it basically makes sure that all of the Pacific Rim fans are at the bottom of the barrel. I guess we should just be happy that we even got the first Pacific Rim to begin with and be happy that it had a proper ending without a cliffhanger. I honestly feel bad for GDT... he works his butt off on all of these projects and he's always crapped on. And I 100% blame Godzilla. As soon as that came out after Pacific Rim, I knew that the world and characters of PR would become an afterthought. Then again, I also blame GDT's so-called fans. The fact that Crimson Peak bombed that hard at the box office is absolute horsesh*t.

Oh, well... ten years ago, a film that made $411-million at the worldwide box office would be guaranteed for a sequel. These days with films like Star Wars and Jurassic World and Furious 7 making billions, though... I guess $411-million is now considered a bomb.

QUOTE FROM GDT on twitter just minutes ago!!!!

Guillermo del Toro ‏@RealGDT
"Pac Rim 2 cancelled? Don't believe everything you read. It's still going and I'll remain w it in one way or another!"

Hype nothings had more flipping hype than the last Star wars movie . Fine IF you like Star Wars . I do not want my Yougert , Computer , Lunch Bag , Bedding , Bags , Grocery shop internet serch Adverts filled with something I am not interested in at all .

WHEN this happens I'll get interested , I WILL get hyped when my tickets are in my hand.

Pacific Rim 2 I know will happen at some point , only a matter of time before studio's latch on to how much money they can rake in with this project .

More people have stepped on the moon than have ever been to the deepest part of our oceans Says a lot that , says a lot .

I told you. know what Del Toro is like. If he wants it to happen, he will make it happen.
chance.png

Now that Dalian Wanda Group Co. has announced the execution of a definitive Merger Agreement with LEGENDARY for $3.5 Billion (Link >>> HERE!) :OMG: :greedy:, I hope they resurrect Part 2! After all, Part 1 was most successful in China! :hungry: :thumbs: Let's keep our Kaiju and Jaegar fingers crossed!
fingerscrossed.gif

Reactions: denizen