Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Tagline: Rise Up

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, Jing Tian, Rinko Kikuchi, Burn Gorman, Idris Elba, Adria Arjona, Zhang Jin, Charlie Day, Madeleine McGraw, Karan Brar, Ivanna Sakhno, Mackenyu Arata, Wesley Wong, Levi Meaden, Rahart Adams, Zhu Zhu, Nick E. Tarabay, Dustin Clare, Daniel Feuerriegel, Lily Ji, Shyrley Rodriguez, Ellen McLain, Sam Kalidi, Jamie Slater, Yingying Lan, Chen Zitong, Yongchen Qian

Release: 2018-03-21

Runtime: 111

Plot: It has been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes when the Kaiju threat returns.

have to agree with everyones comments felt like a bad power rangers computer simulated film and all about jazzed up jaegars.
if so they really have missed the trick and this will bomb badly.
i wait for the full trailer to reserve judgement but atm i have a bad feeling about this, i hope im wrong EEK!

edit just saw this below on imdb think it shows
Did You Know?
Trivia
This will be Steven S. Deknight first Blockbuster movie he's directing, after writing and directing in TV shows

and

John Boyega is producing alongside playing the lead role of Jake Pentecost

@Scary Hair
whats your thoughts on this?

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Pacific Rim: Uprising has moved from February 23, 2018 to Friday, March 23, 2018.

giphy.gif

Oh well, at least it's not cancelled! ;)

Legendary and Universal revealed the first synopsis:
The globe-spanning conflict between otherworldly monsters of mass destruction and the human-piloted super-machines built to vanquish them was only a prelude to the all-out assault on humanity in Pacific Rim Uprising.

John Boyega (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) stars as the rebellious Jake Pentecost, a once-promising Jaeger pilot whose legendary father gave his life to secure humanity’s victory against the monstrous “Kaiju.” Jake has since abandoned his training only to become caught up in a criminal underworld. But when an even more unstoppable threat is unleashed to tear through our cities and bring the world to its knees, he is given one last chance to live up to his father’s legacy by his estranged sister, Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi)—who is leading a brave new generation of pilots that have grown up in the shadow of war. As they seek justice for the fallen, their only hope is to unite together in a global uprising against the forces of extinction.

Jake is joined by gifted rival pilot Lambert (The Fate of the Furious’ Scott Eastwood) and 15-year-old Jaeger hacker Amara (newcomer Cailee Spaeny), as the heroes of the PPDC become the only family he has left. Rising up to become the most powerful defense force to ever walk the earth, they will set course for a spectacular all-new adventure on a towering scale.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Legendary and Universal revealed the first synopsis:

Nice to see Mako Mori mentioned in that synopsis, though it seems like she won't have much screen time. I still get a huge 'made for kids' vibe from this. Why else would they add in a 15-year-old girl who's a hacker? And no official mention of the Kaiju. I wonder if that's what the Jaegers will be facing in the sequel. I hope the Jaegers are up against new Kaiju and not just Jaegers with rogue pilots.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I hope I'm wrong. But this feels more like "transformers" then PacRim.

One thing I found interesting is the jaeger vs jaeger fights. I wonder if when there was no threat to earth, countries turned on each other and were at war?

My exact thought on it.

Don't know if it was because the trailer was so much brighter than PR 1 or what.

PR felt like GDT homage to the giant monster films of the past like Godzilla.
PR2 feels like holly woods homage to the standard transformers/power rangers films action films.

Also love Boyega but that moustache looks like a couple of Caterpillars have gotten stuck under his nose.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and tridon
I hope I'm wrong. But this feels more like "transformers" then PacRim.

One thing I found interesting is the jaeger vs jaeger fights. I wonder if when there was no threat to earth, countries turned on each other and were at war?
My exact thought on it.

Don't know if it was because the trailer was so much brighter than PR 1 or what.

PR felt like GDT homage to the giant monster films of the past like Godzilla.
PR2 feels like holly woods homage to the standard transformers/power rangers films action films.

Also love Boyega but that moustache looks like a couple of Caterpillars have gotten stuck under his nose.

This PR junkie is going to watch this trailer a few more times after I get home from work so I can really dissect it. I'll be back tonight with my thoughts. :thumbs: