paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: April 24th , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Hmv
Price: £69.99 (Zavvi - Hmv - Amazon) - £74.99 (Arrow)

15977017_1423870174313639_8324959010186419782_n.jpg

Last edited:
LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL PHEATURES

• All 5 Phantasm movies together on Blu-ray for the first time!

• Limited Edition Bonus Disc featuring Exclusive Pheatures

• English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for all films

• Exclusive 152-page book with new writing on the Phantasm universe from Kim Newman and Bill Ackerman alongside a wealth of archive material, all fully illustrated with original stills and posters

• Replica Phantasm Sphere

• Limited Edition Packaging with newly-commissioned artwork from Gary Pullin

PHANTASM (1979 - 2016 REMASTERED)

• Phantasm: Remastered 2016 Theatrical Version
  • Original Theatrical Mono or Remastered 5.1 Surround Options

• Phantasm: Remastered 2016 Los Angeles Premiere Audience Track – Join the audience of die-hard fans as they experience the restored classic for the first time!

• Archive audio commentary with director/writer Don Coscarelli and actors A. Michael Baldwin, Bill Thornbury and Angus Scrimm

• Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm – brand new pheaturette looking back at the making of Phantasm, including new interviews with cast and crew

• Behind-the-Scenes footage with commentary by Don Coscarelli and Reggie Bannister

• 1979 TV interview with Don Coscarelli and Angus Scrimm

• Deleted Scenes (6)

• Original Trailer
  • TV Spots

• Radio Spots (5)
  • Stills Gallery

PHANTASM II (1988)

• Original Theatrical Stereo

• Audio commentary with director/writer Don Coscarelli and actors Angus Scrimm and Reggie Bannister
  • Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm II – brand new pheaturette looking back at the making of Phantasm II, including new interviews with cast and crew

• Angus Scrimm 1989 Convention Appearance

• Fangoria TV Spot

• Original Trailer

• TV Spots

• Stills Gallery

PHANTASM III: LORD OF THE DEAD (1994)

• Original Theatrical Stereo or 5.1 Surround Options

• Audio commentary with actors A. Michael Baldwin and Angus Scrimm
  • Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm III – brand new pheaturette looking back at the making of Phantasm III, including new interviews with cast and crew

• Original Trailer

• Stills Gallery

PHANTASM IV: OBLIVION (1998)

• Original Theatrical Stereo or 5.1 Surround Options

• Audio commentary with director/writer Don Coscarelli and actors Angus Scrimm and Reggie Bannister
  • Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm IV – brand new pheaturette looking back at the making of Phantasm IV, including new interviews with cast and crew

• Original Trailer

• Stills Gallery

PHANTASM: RAVAGER (2016)

• 2.0 Stereo and 5.1 Surround Options

• Phantasm: Ravager 2016 Los Angeles Premiere Audience Track – Join the audience of die-hard fans as they experience Ravager for the first time!

• Audio commentary with director David Hartman and writer/producer Don Coscarelli

• Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm: Ravager – brand new pheaturette looking at the making of Ravager, including new interviews with cast and crew

• Deleted scenes with optional audio commentary by David Hartman and Don Coscarelli

• Phuntasm - Bloopers and Outtakes

• Phantasm and You - a light-hearted recap of the Phantasm franchise directed by David Hartman

• Original Trailer

BONUS DISC

• Phantasmagoria - pheature-length documentary covering the original Phantasm through to Phantasm IV: Oblivion, including interviews with key cast and crew members

• Phantasmagorical Tour - actor Reggie Bannister hosts a tour of some of the key filming locations from Phantasm

PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

I don't see them dropping it for much more the 75 Euro. This is a huge set, with a hell of a lot of extras, I'd rather have it on my shelf sooner then later for 10 or 15 dollars. Definite day one, and the release is the next day after my birthday. @elle82, you said you were getting me something for my birthday right, lol.

I don't see them dropping it for much more the 75 Euro. This is a huge set, with a hell of a lot of extras, I'd rather have it on my shelf sooner then later for 10 or 15 dollars. Definite day one, and the release is the next day after my birthday. @elle82, you said you were getting me something for my birthday right, lol.
Oh did i? i forgot i said that. lol:rofl::p

• Thanks
Reactions: GI_SnakeEyes
Not one for the OTT packaging. Will wait until a standard edition comes out of just the films by themselves. Trying to keep the space down, too many discs as it is.

I so want this especially for the fact that in the first film they used a 1974 Hemi-Cuda. Only 1600 units were made until production was halted due to the car being too fast for the road. I sure hope the quality of the cuisinart is top notch, I would like to display it out in the open. Preopered! :smug:

I love the first "Phantasm" movie, saw the 2nd one and don't remember much about it, never seen the others as i didn't hear many favourable things about them, and i'm not interested in the sphere/ball, PLUS this is a "limited edition" of 10,000. Do i pay £75 for a 5 movie set where i can only justify the first movie ( which is awesome, IMO), comes with a sphere/ball that i don't need or want, and with such a high print run isn't likely to sell out as other limited editions have, so would likely take a price drop at some point? 10,000 is ALOT, IMO, and i cant see this selling out quick. Hellraiser, i would think, has a bigger following than phantasm, and the region 2 scarlet box sold out around release date sometime - that was a 5000 unit limited edition, and there would have been USA purchasers of that region 2 at that time, not anticipating Arrow releasing it in their back yard a year later. I think there's a USA blu ray release of Phantasm 1-5 ( i think by Well Go?) going on release about the same time as our region 2, so Arrow will will miss out on at least some of US customers purchasing this release. What if Well Go's release is top notch too? Look how long Arrow's release of Texas Chainsaw 2 was around - that was a 10,000 "Limited edition" too. I think 10,000 might be too much, and that this will get a price drop at some point............could be wrong though!

Remember the original sphere on dvd is one of the most sought after sets fetching very high prices on 3rd party sale sites. All the people that wanted those, I know are going to jump on this. Just wouldn't want you to be like one of the people on the first page of the matrix ultimate edition page that said the same thing and are kicking themselves now.

Reactions: elle82
Poi
Remember the original sphere on dvd is one of the most sought after sets fetching very high prices on 3rd party sale sites. All the people that wanted those, I know are going to jump on this. Just wouldn't want you to be like one of the people on the first page of the matrix ultimate edition page that said the same thing and are kicking themselves now.
Oh right, i didn't know that. Still, i have to ask myself whether i part with £75 just for one movie, basically. The sphere, for me, is a bit gimmicky, which i personally don't like. Then again, that may be the selling point for 10,000 plus buyers - i dont know. Arrow Videos " Texas chainsaw 2" set was so over produced that it went for less than half the original selling price in alot of sales. I saw it go for £6 at HMV at one point - madness! Yesterday the American Horror Project was ( maybe still is?) up for about £24.99 on Zavvi - i know, doesn't compare to Phantasm in the least, but still. Also, this set was the best seller in horror up until yesterday or day before - comparable to other previous sought after Arrow limited editions, but they were at least half the print run. When Arrow release final specs on this then there will be another surge and i expect it to be best seller again for a while, again, as with previous. The good thing? When Arrow have sold out, they give you a heads up, so then can order via Amazon or Zavvi. Still, i HAVE pre ordered for now, just to keep my backside covered up until release, and if is still around close to then, i will cancel and see if a price drop occurs - it is a deluxe set, after all.

Do arrow ship overseas seems a big price difference from them and Amazon?
I think they do, but not completely sure so try sending them an email to query this. Also, Amazon's current price will drop before release date..........usually by quite a bit! In alot of cases i've found them to be alot cheaper than Arrows on site price, even after you've factored in the reward points Arrow award you when purchasing from Arrow direct ( i think reward points work out to 10% of price you paid, and you can use them against your future purchases from them direct - it's a good deal!). BUT if you pre order from Arrow they will take your money IMMEDIATELY, whereas Amazon will only debit your account just before despatch/release day.