paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: April 24th , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Hmv
Price: £69.99 (Zavvi - Hmv - Amazon) - £74.99 (Arrow)

15977017_1423870174313639_8324959010186419782_n.jpg

Last edited:
Some kind of tax thats added on. When ive ordered from amazon uk it comes off because im in australia and not in the uk. Its only paid if your within the uk. I think that made sense. lol
VAT applies to all countries within the European Union
Customers living in a country that's not a EU country who order from Amazon UK and Amazon European websites auto remove the VAT
Not every retailer does this even though they should do

When VAT is removed a customer living in a country outside the EU will be subject to possible customs duty and depending on the each country import threshold for goods importing tax free
USA customers can import goods tax free to a very high amount but some other countries have lower limits

USA members are lucky as European Union customers who order from amazon USA for example are auto are charged VAT on their orders as a import duty fee

Last edited:
Reactions: elle82
Customers living in a country that's not a EU country who order from Amazon UK and Amazon European websites auto remove the VAT

When VAT is removed a customer living in a country outside the EU will be subject to possible customs duty and depending on the each country import threshold for goods importing tax free
USA customers can import goods tax free to a very high amount but some other countries have lower limits

USA members are lucky as European Union customers who order from amazon USA for example are auto are charged VAT on their orders as a import duty fee
Now this is an explanation. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland

AHA!!

Wow very interesting, so in that regard if I was to order something here but send it to someone there in Europe would I also be charged VAT's? If not MAYBE just found a away past VAT's for some of my European friends ;)

Wow very interesting, so in that regard if I was to order something here but send it to someone there in Europe would I also be charged VAT's? If not MAYBE just found a away past VAT's for some of my European friends ;)
Personal Mail you send is different to someone from Europe ordering direct from Amazon USA the retailer themselves
You are still required to fill in the custom label the value and if over the threshold customers in Europe can be hit by customs for VAT payment if caught by customs

Amazom USA was forced to apply a imports fees deposit by EU Customs Revenue on all customers ordering from within the European Union it's based on the address goods are been sent to

If you ordered yourself on Amazon USA for someone in Europe and used a European Union Address as to where to ship to on Amazon USA website a import fess deposit would be applied once the import threshold has been passed

Ireland for example import threshold is €22 if order amount comes to over €22 including shipping Vat is applied as a import fee deposit
VAT is 23%
UK threshold is £15.00 and amazon USA include shipping as part of the cost so if it's over £15.00 with shipping they apply imports fess deposit at 20% Vat rate

You could yes help out a member in Europe but they still could end up been hit by customs going by the Customs Label value you mark on the Parcel
If marked to low customs can sometimes not believe the value marked and request a PayPal Invoice showing actual amount paid

Most personal mail avoid customs compared to goods sent by a retailer but still can be caught
This is Why EU Members use a GB from a USA Member as most times it avoids customs but personal postal costs are a lot higher than a retailer postal costs so the saving amount not much difference unless your sending 3-4 items

Last edited:
Just looking through the specs of this again, is the first Phantasm remastered in 4k? All the others are just your normal blu ray HD 1080p, right? My concern, if you can call it that, is that if NONE of these is 4k remaster, then somewhere down the line Arrow might decide to release all of this again............allbeit as 4k remasters? It seems they will be releasing a few of Dario Argento's films in 4k remasters - yeah, all nice and good, but i think some might be of movies of his they've already released, or re-released.

Last edited:
Just looking through the specs of this again, is the first Phantasm remastered in 4k? All the others are just your normal blu ray HD 1080p, right? My concern, if you can call it that, is that if NONE of these is 4k remaster, then somewhere down the line Arrow might decide to release all of this again............allbeit as 4k remasters? It seems they will be releasing a few of Dario Argento's films in 4k remasters - yeah, all nice and good, but i think some might be of movies of his they've already released, or re-released.

The first will be, at least. The 4k restoration was released recently in the US and was done by Bad Robot, so it would make sense to use that.

The first will be, at least. The 4k restoration was released recently in the US and was done by Bad Robot, so it would make sense to use that.
Oh ok, thanks. With this 4k remastering i can see alot of re-releases down the line of what are already special/limited editions.

I must admit, i am not inspired by this at all. The packaging looks quite boring to me, but my mind might change in the coming weeks and when its released, though. I cancelled my pre order for this about a week ago and i'm leaving it at that for now. The inclusion of that sphere, and having not heard great things about the sequels, amongst other things, i'm just not feeling the "specialness" of this release.

I must admit, i am not inspired by this at all. The packaging looks quite boring to me, but my mind might change in the coming weeks and when its released, though. I cancelled my pre order for this about a week ago and i'm leaving it at that for now.
That's just the mock up the actual packaging will be like what you see in the OP

The disc holders and book not shown the artwork yet in the mock up

• Thanks
That's just the mock up the actual packaging will be like what you see in the OP

The disc holders and book not shown the artwork yet in the mock up
Yeah, i know that Paul, thats why i am still keeping a (slightly, very slightly) open mind in final analysis. But still, i've seen the previous mock up pics ( if you can call it that) of the disc holders and book, albeit in no great detail at all ( you've likely seen them as well) and, of course the artwork needs to be finalized. Still, this release for me right now is not inspiring at all. Like i said before, i really do have to question spending that kind of money on one great film ( the first, of course). The sphere is just another gimmick that Arrow seem to be putting in to encourage the sellability of their product, and i really dont like it. But still, lots and lots of people WILL love it, so thats good for them.

Reactions: paulboland
Arrow Video Facebook

***PHANTASM 1-5 FULL SPECS!***

Brought together for the first time on Blu-ray - including a stunning new 4K restoration of the origin

LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL PHEATURES
• All 5 Phantasm movies together on Blu-ray for the first time!
• Limited Edition Bonus Disc featuring Exclusive Pheatures
• English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for all films
• Exclusive 152-page book with new writing on the Phantasm universe from Kim Newman and Bill Ackerman alongside a wealth of archive material, all fully illustrated with original stills and posters
• Replica Phantasm Sphere
• Limited Edition Packaging with newly-commissioned artwork from Gary Pullin

PHANTASM (1979 - 2016 REMASTER)
•Original Mono and 5.1 Surround Audio Options
•The Los Angeles Premiere Experience – join the audience of die-hard phans as they experience the restored classic for the first time! Watch the entire feature with a 5.1 Surround audience track recorded at the 2016 Los Angeles premiere followed by the full Phantasm Q&A panel
•Audio commentary with director/writer Don Coscarelli and actors A. Michael Baldwin, Bill Thornbury and Angus Scrimm
•Archive Introduction by “Tall Man” Angus Scrimm
•Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm – In this brand new pheaturette, experience new stories about the people and personal inspiration behind Phantasm, and learn how the film's success has impacted on the actors and filmmakers’ lives. Features interviews with Don Coscarelli, actors A. Michael Baldwin, Reggie Bannister, Kathy Lester and Ravager director David Hartman
•Q&A panel from the 2016 Austin Premiere of Phantasm: Remastered
•1979 TV interview with Don Coscarelli and Angus Scrimm
•Behind-the-Scenes with optional audio commentary by Don Coscarelli and Reggie Bannister
•Phantasm: Actors Having a Ball – Phantasm cast and crew offer up various recollections from the making of the film
•Deleted Scenes
•Original Trailer, TV and Radio Spots

PHANTASM II (1988)
•Original Stereo and 5.1 Surround Audio Options
•Audio commentary with director/writer Don Coscarelli and actors Angus Scrimm and Reggie Bannister
•Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm II – In this brand new pheaturette, learn from the cast and crew how and why a Phantasm sequel happened, the evolution of the story, and the introduction of the most iconic props in the series. Features interviews with Don Coscarelli, Reggie Bannister, A. Michael Baldwin, special make-up artists Mark Shostrom and Dean Gates and Ravager director David Hartman
•The Ball is Back – archive making-of documentary featuring interviews with Don Coscarelli, Angus Scrimm, Reggie Bannister and others
•The Gory Days – FX artist Greg Nicotero looks back at his work on Phantasm II
•Deleted and Workprint Scenes
•Behind-the-Scenes Footage
•Angus Scrimm Fangoria Convention Appearance
•Angus Scrimm Fangoria TV Spot
•Original Trailer and TV Spots
•Still Gallery

PHANTASM III: LORD OF THE DEAD (1994)
•Audio commentary with actors A. Michael Baldwin and Angus Scrimm
•Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm III – In this brand new pheaturette, the cast and crew reflect on the third chapter in the Phantasm series and the vast amount of make-up work on the film. Features interviews actor A. Michael Baldwin, Ravager director David Hartman and make-up artists Mark Shostrom and Dean Gates
•Behind-the-Scenes Footage with optional audio commentary by Mark Shostrom and Dean Gates
•Deleted Scene
•Original Trailer
•Still Gallery

PHANTASM IV: OBLIVION (1998)
•Audio commentary with director/writer Don Coscarelli and actors Angus Scrimm and Reggie Bannister
•Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm IV – In this brand new pheaturette, the cast and crew reflect on how the fourth Phantasm film evolved and reflect on their personal relationship with The Tall Man, Angus Scrim. Features interviews with director Don Coscarelli, actor A. Michael Baldwin, special make-up artists Mark Shostrom and Dean Gates and Ravager director David Hartman
•Behind-the-Scenes
•Original Trailer
•Promo
•Still Gallery

PHANTASM: RAVAGER (2016)
•Exclusive Introduction(s!) by director David Hartman
•The Los Angeles Premiere Experience – join the audience of die-hard phans as they experience Phantasm: Ravager for the first time! Watch the entire feature with a 5.1 Surround audience track recorded at the 2016 Los Angeles premiere
•Audio commentary with director David Hartman and writer/producer Don Coscarelli
•Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm: Ravager – Brand new pheaturette looking at the final chapter in the Phantasm series, featuring interviews with actors A. Michael Baldwin, Reggie Bannister, Kathy Lester, Daniel Schweiger and director David Hartman
•Q&A panel from the 2016 Austin Premiere
•Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
•Deleted scenes with optional audio commentary
•Bloopers and Outtakes
•Original Trailer
•Phantasm and You – a light-hearted recap of the Phantasm franchise by David Hartman

BONUS DISC
•Phantasmagoria – feature-length documentary covering Phantasm I-IV
•Phantasmagorical Mystery Tour – location tour hosted by actor Reggie Bannister
•Tall Tales – in this newly-edited featurette comprised of largely unseen footage from Phantasmagoria, Phantasm star Angus Scrimm discusses his portrayal of the iconic Tall Man throughout the franchise
•Dear Angus – a tribute to Angus Scrimm by long-time friend and collaborator Kristen Deem
•Phantasm: Genesis – featurette looking at some of the key stunt sequences from the series
•Phandom – pheaturette looking at the enduring nature of Phantasm “phandom”

Arrow Video Facebook

***PHANTASM 1-5 FULL SPECS!***

Brought together for the first time on Blu-ray - including a stunning new 4K restoration of the origin

LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL PHEATURES
• All 5 Phantasm movies together on Blu-ray for the first time!
• Limited Edition Bonus Disc featuring Exclusive Pheatures
• English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for all films
• Exclusive 152-page book with new writing on the Phantasm universe from Kim Newman and Bill Ackerman alongside a wealth of archive material, all fully illustrated with original stills and posters
• Replica Phantasm Sphere
• Limited Edition Packaging with newly-commissioned artwork from Gary Pullin

PHANTASM (1979 - 2016 REMASTER)
•Original Mono and 5.1 Surround Audio Options
•The Los Angeles Premiere Experience – join the audience of die-hard phans as they experience the restored classic for the first time! Watch the entire feature with a 5.1 Surround audience track recorded at the 2016 Los Angeles premiere followed by the full Phantasm Q&A panel
•Audio commentary with director/writer Don Coscarelli and actors A. Michael Baldwin, Bill Thornbury and Angus Scrimm
•Archive Introduction by “Tall Man” Angus Scrimm
•Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm – In this brand new pheaturette, experience new stories about the people and personal inspiration behind Phantasm, and learn how the film's success has impacted on the actors and filmmakers’ lives. Features interviews with Don Coscarelli, actors A. Michael Baldwin, Reggie Bannister, Kathy Lester and Ravager director David Hartman
•Q&A panel from the 2016 Austin Premiere of Phantasm: Remastered
•1979 TV interview with Don Coscarelli and Angus Scrimm
•Behind-the-Scenes with optional audio commentary by Don Coscarelli and Reggie Bannister
•Phantasm: Actors Having a Ball – Phantasm cast and crew offer up various recollections from the making of the film
•Deleted Scenes
•Original Trailer, TV and Radio Spots

PHANTASM II (1988)
•Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm II – In this brand new pheaturette, learn from the cast and crew how and why a Phantasm sequel happened, the evolution of the story, and the introduction of the most iconic props in the series. Features interviews with Don Coscarelli, Reggie Bannister, A. Michael Baldwin, special make-up artists Mark Shostrom and Dean Gates and Ravager director David Hartman
•The Ball is Back – archive making-of documentary featuring interviews with Don Coscarelli, Angus Scrimm, Reggie Bannister and others
•The Gory Days – FX artist Greg Nicotero looks back at his work on Phantasm II
•Deleted and Workprint Scenes
•Behind-the-Scenes Footage
•Angus Scrimm Fangoria Convention Appearance
•Angus Scrimm Fangoria TV Spot
•Original Trailer and TV Spots
•Still Gallery

PHANTASM III: LORD OF THE DEAD (1994)
•Audio commentary with actors A. Michael Baldwin and Angus Scrimm
•Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm III – In this brand new pheaturette, the cast and crew reflect on the third chapter in the Phantasm series and the vast amount of make-up work on the film. Features interviews actor A. Michael Baldwin, Ravager director David Hartman and make-up artists Mark Shostrom and Dean Gates
•Behind-the-Scenes Footage with optional audio commentary by Mark Shostrom and Dean Gates
•Deleted Scene
•Original Trailer
•Still Gallery

PHANTASM IV: OBLIVION (1998)
•Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm IV – In this brand new pheaturette, the cast and crew reflect on how the fourth Phantasm film evolved and reflect on their personal relationship with The Tall Man, Angus Scrim. Features interviews with director Don Coscarelli, actor A. Michael Baldwin, special make-up artists Mark Shostrom and Dean Gates and Ravager director David Hartman
•Behind-the-Scenes
•Original Trailer
•Promo
•Still Gallery

PHANTASM: RAVAGER (2016)
•Exclusive Introduction(s!) by director David Hartman
•The Los Angeles Premiere Experience – join the audience of die-hard phans as they experience Phantasm: Ravager for the first time! Watch the entire feature with a 5.1 Surround audience track recorded at the 2016 Los Angeles premiere
•Audio commentary with director David Hartman and writer/producer Don Coscarelli
•Reflections of Fear: Realising Phantasm: Ravager – Brand new pheaturette looking at the final chapter in the Phantasm series, featuring interviews with actors A. Michael Baldwin, Reggie Bannister, Kathy Lester, Daniel Schweiger and director David Hartman
•Q&A panel from the 2016 Austin Premiere
•Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
•Deleted scenes with optional audio commentary
•Bloopers and Outtakes
•Original Trailer
•Phantasm and You – a light-hearted recap of the Phantasm franchise by David Hartman

BONUS DISC
•Phantasmagoria – feature-length documentary covering Phantasm I-IV
•Phantasmagorical Mystery Tour – location tour hosted by actor Reggie Bannister
•Tall Tales – in this newly-edited featurette comprised of largely unseen footage from Phantasmagoria, Phantasm star Angus Scrimm discusses his portrayal of the iconic Tall Man throughout the franchise
•Dear Angus – a tribute to Angus Scrimm by long-time friend and collaborator Kristen Deem
•Phantasm: Genesis – featurette looking at some of the key stunt sequences from the series
•Phandom – pheaturette looking at the enduring nature of Phantasm “phandom”

That is awesome Paul thanks, I can't wait to watch the last one with audience, but do you know if is there also a separate non audience 5.1 track?