France
Release date: May 9, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon.fr
Price: €29.99

phantasm steel.jpg
61L+Kqrs2sL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe in Europe.
That was never used in any capacity in the U.S. Poster art or VHS...
In fact, Up until now - I've never seen that. (And I worked at video stores in the 80's)
Agree it's sloppy alright.

Especially considering that artwork was already used for part 2 also......:confused::angel:
phantasm.jpg

Reactions: C.C. 95
Maybe in Europe.
That was never used in any capacity in the U.S. Poster art or VHS...
In fact, Up until now - I've never seen that. (And I worked at video stores in the 80's)

It has the R rating at the bottom which means it was used at some point during its US campaign. Not sure when exactly. But here is a US listing for it on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/310698067196

It was used quite a bit in Europe as well (it was the UK quad poster design for part 2). I nearly purchased a vintage Spanish poster with that design on in an antique shop years ago.

It was also used for the retail VHS copy as well in the U.K.

IMG_1402.JPG

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: aLLu and Phantasmic
It has the R rating at the bottom which means it was used at some point during its US campaign. Not sure when exactly. But here is a US listing for it on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/310698067196

It was used quite a bit in Europe as well (it was the UK quad poster design for part 2). I nearly purchased a vintage Spanish poster with that design on in an antique shop years ago.

It was also used for the retail VHS copy as well in the U.K.

View attachment 299471
Maybe it was a mockup that was never used, and then used in Europe. But the iconic poster was the one used in U.S. newpaper ads and in theater lobbys. Not to age myself, but I was 11 years old, and remember it well.
That poster image was tattooed on my brain! (When you are not old enough to see a movie- the poster is all you have!)
IMG_2086.JPG

I wasn't familiar with the film until I saw it in the late 90's (all 4 back to back which was totally amazeballs)

Question that was asked was who was the nameless girl on the back and it didn't make sense, all I wanted to point out was that it was Part of the marketing material (admittedly could of been limited in the USA) and we brits / European were familiar with it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Phantasmic
I remember that poster well too @C.C. 95 . I saw this in the theater the year I graduated high school and it left a lasting impression on me. Now I'm giving away my age. :)
:LOL: Yeah, for some reason I remember all the horror stuff from that time. Remember the radio ads about midnight showings of horror films? (ominous reverbed low voice) "The Hills have Eyes this friday midnight. If you dare.":rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Phantasmic
There is nothing about this that is good.
I can't stand all the sphere-centric art. Yes, the ball is part of the movie. But it isn't the star of the movie.

Last edited:
Pre ordered for now hopefully price will drop before release date

Some futurepak can be very nice
Will decide closer to release date if I keep my order