May 11, 2013
France
Release date: May 9, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon.fr
Price: €29.99

phantasm steel.jpg
61L+Kqrs2sL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The editor explained his choice for futurepak, because of the high price of steelbooks compared to futurepak, added that you can't have a small quantity of steelbooks produced, even if the commercial potential of the movie requires it. So, editor thinks that it's impossible for independant firms to work with Scanavo...

Details of this edition :

4K remastered (done by JJ Abrams's Bad Robot company)
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and 2.0 / French DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Booklet "Au coeur du Phantasm"
Bonuses :
- 2071 interview of Guy Astic & Julien Maury (20')
- 1979 interview of Don Coscarelli & Angus Scrimm (28')
- 1989 interview of Angus Scrimm (10')
- Trailer

Editor also said Phantasm II will be released in june 2017, and and boxset with all 5 movies (and an entire disc full of bonuses) in september 2017.

The editor explained his choice for futurepak, because of the high price of steelbooks compared to futurepak, added that you can't have a small quantity of steelbooks produced, even if the commercial potential of the movie requires it. So, editor thinks that it's impossible for independant firms to work with Scanavo...

Bigger price doesn't mean better quality.. I truly believe that Futurepak was a great choice, offering good price and good quality at the same time! and I won't mind buying awesome futurepaks in the future :thumbs:

Perfect match for the first . . . the PHANTASM II futurepak:-
(4K re-mastered discs, booklets etc.. . . expensive though @EUR 30 each)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really like these metal tins - reminding me those gorgeous, colourful metal cigarette tins I used to buy (different size, of course) - and disappointed that we've had no more than two dozen examples here in the U.K. Great colours and artwork. Finish and embossing not to be sniffed at.

U.K. futurepaks (all 2014):-
II
V
114797_large.jpg
114398_large.jpg
107160_large.jpg
108427_large.jpg
107161_large.jpg
107158_large.jpg
106698_large.jpg
107159_large.jpg
107157_large.jpg
111643_large.jpg
111774_large.jpg
111773_large.jpg
114807_large.jpg
115043_large.jpg
115044_large.jpg
115045_large.jpg
115047_large.jpg
115042_large.jpg
115054_large.jpg
115046_large.jpg
122299_large.jpg
125819_large.jpg
130592_large.jpg
121834_large.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Hereticz
The editor explained his choice for futurepak, because of the high price of steelbooks compared to futurepak, added that you can't have a small quantity of steelbooks produced, even if the commercial potential of the movie requires it. So, editor thinks that it's impossible for independant firms to work with Scanavo..
Not impossible . . . Arrow, BFI Video, Eureka, Second Sight etc.

What a missed opportunity here for two great steelbooks; thankfully Well Go USA and Shout! Factory delivered with two great editions and awesome art.
Don't you mean Well Go USA and Arrow Video UK
Scream Factory (Shout) only did a release of Phantasm 2 on Blu-ray

Yes but that's only Phantasm 2 and is the same video scan in both Well To Go USA and Arrow Video Box Sets
Only Well To Go USA and Arrow Video have done all films as a Blu-ray release

Yes, I know, but my point was that I'm thankful for 1 & 2 having nicer editions released over these futurepak releases with shite artwork.

I don't understand. Isn't there a specific Blu-ray MetalPak/FuturePak section in the forums. I keep clicking on this in Steelbooks thinking that they've made a change and are now releasing a Steelbook as initially thought; but then each time, nope...Futurepak :(

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I don't understand. Isn't there a specific Blu-ray MetalPak/FuturePak section in the forums. I keep clicking on this in Steelbooks thinking that they've made a change and are now releasing a Steelbook as initially thought; but then each time, nope...Futurepak :(

Haha honestly, I am glad they have the FuturePak one, it indeed looks badass!

Received mine today - looks stunning, really pleased with the finish on it. Don't care if ended up being a metalpak instead of steelbook this is a great start for the series, can't wait for Phantasm 2 in a couple weeks :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Mr.Vorhees