Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Phantom Thread

Genre: Drama

Director: Paul Thomas Anderson

Cast: Daniel Day-Lewis, Lesley Manville, Vicky Krieps, Richard Graham, Camilla Rutherford, Jane Perry, Pip Phillips, Michael Gabbitas, Sarah Lamesch, Dave Simon, David Charles-Cully, Julia Davis

Release: 2017-12-25

Plot: A drama set in the couture world of 1950s London that illuminates the life behind the curtain of an uncompromising dressmaker commissioned by royalty and high society.

[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
v90rEdUQ1T8UGtd1NlmPWWM8Tyr.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

I didn't realise it was out in 2 months! I thought they were going to change the name but Phantom Thread is cool. I'm looking forward to finding out more info!

I didn't realise it was out in 2 months! I thought they were going to change the name but Phantom Thread is cool. I'm looking forward to finding out more info!
Yeah, very strange how they're handling this one... I'd actually forgotten all about it until coming across the name reveal yesterday. Kinda sad that it'll be DDL's last acting role, but I suppose there's no better way to hang up your hat than to star in a PTA film!

@Flloydo You interested in this mate?

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and Flloydo
Yeah, very strange how they're handling this one... I'd actually forgotten all about it until coming across the name reveal yesterday. Kinda sad that it'll be DDL's last acting role, but I suppose there's no better way to hang up your hat than to star in a PTA film!

Could of sworn there was a thread for this. I was talking to a mate about it last week and thought I heard about it through a thread here. Yeah up for it. Love PTA

Yeah hopefully it's something special! He was great in There Will Be Blood so I'm expecting something good here. I did enjoy Inherent Vice although it was a bit of the wall. I didn't understand some bits but I think that was the whole point though to keep you confused. Lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Could of sworn there was a thread for this. I was talking to a mate about it last week and thought I heard about it through a thread here. Yeah up for it. Love PTA
So did I to be honest, but I searched a couple of things and nothing came up *shrug*

Yeah hopefully it's something special! He was great in There Will Be Blood so I'm expecting something good here. I did enjoy Inherent Vice although it was a bit of the wall. I didn't understand some bits but I think that was the whole point though to keep you confused. Lol.
Haha yeah, IV was really odd and completely lost me too... I found it to be quite boring and forgettable, but I'll no doubt give it another go at some point and hopefully enjoy it a lot more.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Official synopsis:

Set in the glamour of 1950s post-war London, renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock (Daniel Day-Lewis) and his sister Cyril (Lesley Manville) are at the center of British fashion, dressing royalty, movie stars, heiresses, socialites, debutants and dames with the distinct style of The House of Woodcock. Women come and go through Woodcock’s life, providing the confirmed bachelor with inspiration and companionship, until he comes across a young, strong-willed woman, Alma (Vicky Krieps), who soon becomes a fixture in his life as his muse and lover. Once controlled and planned, he finds his carefully tailored life disrupted by love. With his latest film, Paul Thomas Anderson paints an illuminating portrait both of an artist on a creative journey, and the women who keep his world running.

• Thanks
Not sure what to make of that, it looks different to anything else Paul Thomas Anderson has done. I'm intrigued to see more though. Check it out @Flloydo, @Noodles.

I agree.

Not sure but like you say it looks different to his other work and I love a bit of PTA. And im also kinda intrigued but in no rush.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Sigill
Not sure what to make of that, it looks different to anything else Paul Thomas Anderson has done. I'm intrigued to see more though. Check it out @Flloydo, @Noodles.
Hmm yeah, I'm with you... I can usually spot a PTA film a mile away, but this just looks like one of those generic dramas. I'll still check it out though, and hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised! Would hate to see DDL go out on a dud. :(

• Thanks
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database