Attachments

• 24839.jpg
    24839.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 212
Last edited by a moderator:
Release date May 14,2013

Link

24839.png

PHILADELPHIA (1993) (PRE-ORDER) (BLU-RAY)
Starring: Tom Hanks, Jason Robards, Charles Napier, Roger Corman, Mary Steenburgen, Antonio Banderas, Joanne Woodward, Denzel Washington
Directed By: Jonathan Demme
Composed By: Howard Shore

PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of May 14, 2013 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.

LANGUAGE: English
VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 1.85:1
AUDIO: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1993 / Color
125 MINUTES
Rated: PG-13
REGION FREE
Limited Edition of 3,000 Units

Special Features: Isolated Score Track / Audio Commentary with Filmmakers Jonathan Demme and Ron Nyswaner / Original Making-of Featurette / Deleted Scenes / Courthouse Protest Footage & Interviews / Original Theatrical Trailer
“Defined by a tone of quiet restraint…Philadelphia succeeds as a deeply affecting humanist drama.” —Time Out London

“Like the best of Frank Capra…not just canny, corny, and blatantly patriotic, but compassionate, compelling, and emotionally devastating…Boldly acted and superbly directed.” —The Washington Post

Philadelphia (1993), widely hailed as Hollywood’s first grand-scale feature film examination of the AIDS crisis, stars Tom Hanks in his Academy Award-winning performance as Andrew Beckett, a hotshot lawyer well on his way up the corporate ladder. But even as he wins yet another promotion, Andrew is concealing a terrible secret: he is a gay man, suffering from AIDS. When his bosses discover this, he is summarily fired. Andrew summons the strength to fight his own firm, enlisting the aid of a homophobic ambulance-chaser, Joe Miller (Denzel Washington), the only attorney in town who’ll take the case. Superbly directed by Jonathan Demme (The Silence of the Lambs), from a screenplay by Ron Nyswaner, and featuring the Oscar-winning Bruce Springsteen song, “Streets of Philadelphia.”

Enjoy the extensive Julie Kirgo liner notes and film art packaged with the Blu-ray disc.

Does anyone know how many are left? Will it sell out?

Seems unlikely it will sell out. They are limited in the amount they produce, but a lot of the older 3000 limited titles are still in stock. I have 3 of their releases (Night of the Living Dead, Steel Magnolias and Enemy Mine. What a combo:hilarious:) but they are not a giant company with tons of advertising so I think a lot of folks don't know they exist yet. Plus the price tag is bit higher so they are collector only type of releases.

That being said, this and Blue Lagoon will be my 4th and 5th Twilight time movies.

even if this version does sell out, sony is releasing it in other territories with the same extras too i imagine.

I didn't know they were but I just saw the German release. I always thought these twilight time releases were exclusives but I guess it's just for the US market. I'm sure a lot of their titles won't get released anywhere else, I'm still hoping for another release of Fright Night! This does seem like a very popular title though, it is probably the price putting a few people off. I thought this would have got a general release everywhere.

Last edited: