Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 200 or more

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
What did you buy last & post pics of collection!

Attachments

• vinyl-record.jpg
    vinyl-record.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,717
Last edited:

Are those art prints with the vinyl?

Is this a coloured vinyl or black? Or the one with the etching? (Be interested to see what the etching is)
Need to give this a listen, haven't listened to queens in a while. Gotta love Holme

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
Are those art prints with the vinyl?

Is this a coloured vinyl or black? Or the one with the etching? (Be interested to see what the etching is)
Need to give this a listen, haven't listened to queens in a while. Gotta love Holme
Yep, they came with the deluxe edition vinyl... there's a few more that I left out of the photo, but they're all awesome and I'm actually considering getting some framed. Mine's the black vinyl and Side D has an etching of a guy... only looked at it once when I first received it last week though, so I can't remember what he looks like exactly lol. The album itself is great! I still prefer Like Clockwork though... it's their Humbug IMO. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Yep, they came with the deluxe edition vinyl... there's a few more that I left out of the photo, but they're all awesome and I'm actually considering getting some framed. Mine's the black vinyl and Side D has an etching of a guy... only looked at it once when I first received it last week though, so I can't remember what he looks like exactly lol. The album itself is great! I still prefer Like Clockwork though... it's their Humbug IMO. ;)

After I posted I checked discogs

I see it on sound of music a while back and for some reason I thought it was coloured. I see some pics and the prints look very cool. Sticker sheet too.

The standard one without the prints has a different etching by the way

Like clockwork is like humbug do you mean? I think Alex is on some tracks on that album and he co wrote a few songs. Love that homme produced humbug. was very different to James ford stuff. And can tell they were in the dessert lol

After I posted I checked discogs

I see it on sound of music a while back and for some reason I thought it was coloured. I see some pics and the prints look very cool. Sticker sheet too.

The standard one without the prints has a different etching by the way

Like clockwork is like humbug do you mean? I think Alex is on some tracks on that album and he co wrote a few songs. Love that homme produced humbug. was very different to James ford stuff. And can tell they were in the dessert lol
Honestly, I forgot I'd even pre-ordered it until I received the dispatch email lol. Wasn't until then that I realised there were other variants available... I'm happy with the edition I got though. :)

Yeah, Like Clockwork is basically their Humbug... it's quite moody compared to anything else they've done. Alex only featured on If I Had A Tail, and even then it was at the very end of the track as it fades out... still pretty cool though. Turner and Homme need to work together more often!

• Thanks
Honestly, I forgot I'd even pre-ordered it until I received the dispatch email lol. Wasn't until then that I realised there were other variants available... I'm happy with the edition I got though. :)

Yeah, Like Clockwork is basically their Humbug... it's quite moody compared to anything else they've done. Alex only featured on If I Had A Tail, and even then it was at the very end of the track as it fades out... still pretty cool though. Turner and Homme need to work together more often!

Oh I thought he was on more than that. One beggining with V.

They do need to work together again. I think homme produced and featured on a track on AM but I can't remember

I think you have the ultimate editon to get because you have the prints

Oh I thought he was on more than that. One beggining with V.

They do need to work together again. I think homme produced and featured on a track on AM but I can't remember

I think you have the ultimate editon to get because you have the prints
You had me doubting myself, so I Googled it and came across a track called Viper, which does heavily feature Turner. The track is described as just an idea though, and it obviously never actually made it on to an album as far as I'm aware. Here it is if you're interested...

Yeah, Homme definitely featured on one of the AM tracks... can't remember which one off the top of my head though (Google says Knee Socks).

After looking at all the available editions I still would've gone for the one I have, purely because of the prints... I love the art style! I reckon you'd really like them too.

• Thanks
You had me doubting myself, so I Googled it and came across a track called Viper, which does heavily feature Turner. The track is described as just an idea though, and it obviously never actually made it on to an album as far as I'm aware. Here it is if you're interested...

Yeah, Homme definitely featured on one of the AM tracks... can't remember which one off the top of my head though (Google says Knee Socks).

After looking at all the available editions I still would've gone for the one I have, purely because of the prints... I love the art style! I reckon you'd really like them too.

Oh I've never heard that. I'll check it out. But there's a track on the album beginning with V and I swear he's on it. Maybe not

It was knee socks (his voice suits the high pitch ending) and he also provided vocals on dangerous animals, potion approaching (apparently Alex wrote that about his car named Flloyd lol), the jewellers hands (my least favourite monkeys song ever) and the b side i haven't got my strange for humbug.

Yeah I'm really liking those prints, bit of me they are. Same artist who designed the front for clockwork too. I may pick this up at some point. Need to check out the album first but I have no doubt I'll like it

Oh I've never heard that. I'll check it out. But there's a track on the album beginning with V and I swear he's on it. Maybe not

It was knee socks (his voice suits the high pitch ending) and he also provided vocals on dangerous animals, potion approaching (apparently Alex wrote that about his car named Flloyd lol), the jewellers hands (my least favourite monkeys song ever) and the b side i haven't got my strange for humbug.

Yeah I'm really liking those prints, bit of me they are. Same artist who designed the front for clockwork too. I may pick this up at some point. Need to check out the album first but I have no doubt I'll like it
There's no track on Like Clockwork that begins with V though... unless you're thinking of The Vampyre of Time and Memory. I'm almost certain he only featured on the one track anyway... same with Homme on AM. I remember one of them (think it was Alex) saying in an interview that they had a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" sort of deal or something lol.

Don't think I ever knew about Potion Approaching being about his car... or there's a chance I did but just forgot, because I do remember that he had a Mini named after Pink Floyd (I think). But yeah, I'm aware Turner and Homme have worked together multiple times before.

Yep, same artist. The videos he did for the Like Clockwork songs were awesome too! I can't stop looking at the prints... think my favourite is the one of the girl in a leather jacket holding a key (you can kind of see it on the right hand side in my photo). I wasn't instantly sold on Villains to be honest, but it's really grown on me now. Hopefully you like it mate!

• Thanks
There's no track on Like Clockwork that begins with V though... unless you're thinking of The Vampyre of Time and Memory. I'm almost certain he only featured on the one track anyway... same with Homme on AM. I remember one of them (think it was Alex) saying in an interview that they had a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" sort of deal or something lol.

Don't think I ever knew about Potion Approaching being about his car... or there's a chance I did but just forgot, because I do remember that he had a Mini named after Pink Floyd (I think). But yeah, I'm aware Turner and Homme have worked together multiple times before.

Yep, same artist. The videos he did for the Like Clockwork songs were awesome too! I can't stop looking at the prints... think my favourite is the one of the girl in a leather jacket holding a key (you can kind of see it on the right hand side in my photo). I wasn't instantly sold on Villains to be honest, but it's really grown on me now. Hopefully you like it mate!

Lol I had to check the track listing and I was on about "Kalopsia" lol. Nearly a V lol

Yeah that's right. A mini named Floyd. Always cracks me up. Plus I can't imagine him driving a mini!

Nice, I might pick it up at some point. I will listen when I get a chance, maybe later for a bit when I get in and before I watch Vol 2 and foxcatcher (lol not sure what order yet though)

Last edited:
Lol I had to check the track listing and I was im about "Kalopsia" lol. Nearly a V lol

Yeah that's right. A mini named Floyd. Always cracks me up. Plus I can't imagine him driving a mini!

Nice, I might pick it up at some point. I will listen when I get a chance, maybe later for a bit when I get in and before I watch Vol 2 and foxcatcher (lol not sure what order yet though)
You BEAN (I've totally stole that from you now by the way lol). Haha me neither... I imagine him driving a Hummer nowadays, to go with his huge ego. :rolleyes:

Cool, I look forward to hearing what you think of it! No sign of my Foxcatcher today unfortunately, but I've just got done watching GOTG1 and plan to watch GOTG2 in a bit. :D

• Thanks
You BEAN (I've totally stole that from you now by the way lol). Haha me neither... I imagine him driving a Hummer nowadays, to go with his huge ego. :rolleyes:

Cool, I look forward to hearing what you think of it! No sign of my Foxcatcher today unfortunately, but I've just got done watching GOTG1 and plan to watch GOTG2 in a bit. :D

Hopefully you get it tomorrow. The die cut of carell on the slip is very nice and lines up perfectly with the book silhouette of him

Love bean. Love calling people a bean. Just love it

Yeah his ego is big but I think mine would be too if I was him. A lot rides on his talent and lyric writing skills