Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 200 or more

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
What did you buy last & post pics of collection!

Attachments

• vinyl-record.jpg
    vinyl-record.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,715
Last edited:
Not yet buddy, as I don't currently have a setup... I literally have zero space at the moment, so everything is stored away. I'd be too embarrassed to show off my record player anyway, as it's just one of those really cheap players with the built in speakers. :LOL:

Well, I don't see any reason why you should change you setup bud... it looks perfect as it is! :thumbs:
:LOL: Okay I totally understand that's what I did for a few months last year ^^ Had to store my records instead of listening to them ^^

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885
I recently got into vinyl collecting (thanks to my girlfriend ;p), and I have a few cool ones - i'll post soon.

Did you guys see the latest DRIVE release - Pink/Clear half/half? I just ordered this one :)
http://www.invada.co.uk/products/drive-soundtrack-5th-year-anniversary-special-edition-release

It's released by Lakeshore Records on July 15. They did also a giveaway at their Instagram, those two pictures are from the winner. Theres all Drive OSTs (without the golden one)
He won a test pressing of the Drive OST on Vinyl o_O

I already have the pink one, which I'm happy with... but that gold one is also very tempting! Sorry to hear both of your copies arrived damaged, although it's cool that Amazon let you have it for half price. :)

I knew of all the other colours, but I guess the gold one passed me by since it was only released recently. I'd be tempted to hunt down a copy if I wasn't so broke at the moment. :ugh:

I actually "entered" their giveaway and was a bit disappointed when they finally announced the winner... not because I didn't win (although that obviously would've been nice), but because they gave the prize to someone who already owns more than enough copies of the soundtrack. It should've gone to a fan who isn't so fortunate and possibly can't afford to buy even one copy!?

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles
Reactions: spawnshop
Okay so this is quite odd

Amazon had 3 vinyl listings the other week for the revenant vinyl, one stated the black vinyl but the other two didn't mention if they were coloured but I had this odd feeling one of their listing was for the coloured version so I messaged them and it was taking them ages to get back to me and kept telling me it will take 6 days etc so I went ahead and ordered one for £23. They only had 2 in stock and the second I ordered the last copy jumped up to £59 which made me think it definately is the limited edition
Then they got back to me confirming it was the coloured etc and changed the title and added white version

Anyway just arrived today and the strangest thing has happened

The first LP is nothing to do with the revenant, it's a coloured LP of a band called tigers jaw and the album is called charmer but the strange thing is it's the same colour of the supposed coloured revenant vinyl

I was really confused and couldn't find anything online about this issue or if it's a one off for me.
Anyway I sorted out a replacement so I'm hoping it's a one off and my replacement has the correct vinyls

Apparently they are getting more stock too at the end of sep (my replacement was their last one for now) so anyone else is interested in it, itmight be worth keeping an eye on the price to drop again. I'll update when my replacement arrives to see if it happens again

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019R31AGS/?tag=hidefnin-21

(Oh I'm listening to this tigers jaw LP now - never heard of them - and it's not bad tbh, quite chilled out emo Rock, but I thought I'd give it a quick go)

@Noodles @dan8885 @Sigill @spass @Travis Bickle @martinouchou @TobinFrost @SteelbookGenius666 any of you peeps heard of this happening for this release?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And then......

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Strange

Amazon had 3 vinyl listings the other week for the revenant vinyl, one stated the black vinyl but the other two didn't mention if they were coloured but I had this odd feeling one of their listing was for the coloured version so I messaged them and it was taking them ages to get back to me and kept telling me it will take 6 days etc so I went ahead and ordered one for £23. They only had 2 in stock and the second I ordered the last copy jumped up to £59 which made me think it definately is the limited edition
Then they got back to me confirming it was the coloured etc and changed the title and added white version

The first LP is nothing to do with the revenant, it's a coloured LP of a band called tigers jaw and the album is called charmer but the strange thing is it's the same colour of the supposed coloured revenant vinyl

I was really confused and couldn't find anything online about this issue or if it's a one off for me.
Anyway I sorted out a replacement so I'm hoping it's a one off and my replacement has the correct vinyls

Apparently they are getting more stock too at the end of sep (my replacement was their last one for now) so anyone else is interested in it, itmight be worth keeping an eye on the price to drop again. I'll update when my replacement arrives to see if it happens again

(Oh I'm listening to this tigers jaw LP now - never heard of them - and it's not bad tbh, quite chilled out emo Rock, but I thought I'd give it a quick go)

@Noodles @dan8885 @Sigill @spass @Travis Bickle @martinouchou @TobinFrost @SteelbookGenius666 any of you peeps heard of this happening for this release?

View attachment 263860 View attachment 263861 View attachment 263862

And then......

View attachment 263863 View attachment 263864
Strange
This is certainly very odd !!! I ordered mine directly from Milan Records so of course I didn't get this problem.. And thinking about it, I really can't understand how a different vinyl landed into your gatefold.. Is it the factory's fault, Amazon's ?? I hope your replacement turns out to be the right record !

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
This is certainly very odd !!! I ordered mine directly from Milan Records so of course I didn't get this problem.. And thinking about it, I really can't understand how a different vinyl landed into your gatefold.. Is it the factory's fault, Amazon's ?? I hope your replacement turns out to be the right record !

Yeah very odd,

I can't work it out either, it was sealed and bought as new directly from Amazon. I'll have to wait and see what the replacement turns out like, if it's the same issue which I highly doubt then it will be very weird indeed

Thanks for the tag @Flloydo

Splendid vinyl ! :woot::drool:

Cheers, the other vinyl is nice too but just wasn't expecting it in the revenant ost lol

Ive been meaning to post photos of my recent vinyl purchases since I started collecting again a few months back but been so busy recently I just haven't had the time so over the next few days I'll post a couple of pics

Ex MACHINA HMV frosted waterfall variant (limited to 500)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Birdman OST drum score (think this is limited to 3000)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is one of my pride and joys and I actually got this a few years back for RSD possibly in 2012/13 (can't remember) and I think it was limited to 500 copies and very hard to find nowadays

Noel fieldings luxury comedy OST

He and serge from kasabian together are known as "loose tapestries" and if you know what fielding is like it's just weird little songs and skits from the show with serge making the music and some of the music is genius but most of it makes me laugh

Ghost of a flea (happy birthday song) is actually a decent song IMO and Alan hansen's peg bag cracks me up every time

But my favourite is the skit "the jelly fox". Unfortunately this only has 4 parts whereas the skit from the show is longer and funnier

Loose tapestries - the luxury comedy tapes

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The reason I'm posting this is because a few weeks ago the vinyl for the second series came out and I wasnt aware of it until I stumbled across it by accident - was really under the radar - and snatched it up straight away.
2nd LP isn't as long or as good and is only 1 LP (first is 2 LPs) but the progression on some of the songs are a bit better
This also features the Christmas song they brought out last year - can't wait for Christmas - featuring a rap verse from idris Elba (me innit)

loose tapestries 2nd LP - N.H.S
Limited to 1000

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And then......

Strange
I've never heard of that happening before. I wonder if there's more like that or you just got a one-off? I presume it was the Record manufacturer rather than Amazon's fault. I hope you get it sorted out mate!

• Thanks
I've never heard of that happening before. I wonder if there's more like that or you just got a one-off? I presume it was the Record manufacturer rather than Amazon's fault. I hope you get it sorted out mate!

I've never know it to happen either,

Makes me wonder if it was re sealed at all. Maybe even by Amazon, because the colour of the vinyl is too much of a coincidence and only really slightly different. but like you say it might also be the manufacturer, though I'm not even sure if they share the same one. Had a little look on wiki and Google and couldn't find anything

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill

And then......

Strange

Damn, what a beautiful release it is. I still didn't ordered because of the high price. But in fact it would be worth every cent.

Never experienced something like what did happen to you. Very strange. Like you say, either it's a manufacturing mistake or amazon repacked a replacement.
Since you sorted it out with the seller I can only congratulate you to the great price mate :thumbs:

• Thanks
The Darjeeling Limited OST RSD Green vinyl (possibly limited to 500 - there is a translucent version too)

One of my all time favourite soundtracks and perfect blend of rock and Indian sounds

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It is quite a dark green but it's brighter in hand. Couldn't pick the colour up properly
image.jpeg

I'm probably going to p*ss people of for posting in here every day for the next week or so. But I wana share my vinyl :p:)

This is one of my all time favourite albums, it's up there with reasonable doubt and the dynasty for me. This came out when I was just starting year 11 so aged 15 and I remember hearing izzo, the takeover and girls girls girls on mtv base and the Westwood show and I saved up my dinner money and waited for my local to get a copy of the CD. It pretty much became the blueprint to my youth.
I've pretty much played this at least once a week for 15 years! (Most of them weeks nearly every day lol)

I see the vinyl a few weeks back in HMV for £9.99 and jumped on it. I thought it was priced wrong ha

Jay-Z - The Blueprint

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

With the cd i got all them years ago. The booklet is awesome too, it has blue print style tracing paper throughout and I'm happy to say it's still all in mint condition
image.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885
For me this is the best band in the world. And the best live band I've had the privalige of seeing twice and hopefully again at some point.

People call them depressing which often annoys me because their songs seriously get me going, I just loose it with them in my own mind.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool - White vinyl

image.jpeg

Great album but not their best- stand out track for me is - ful stop
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last 2/3 weeks I've been smashing through their albums - Hail to the thief, OK computer and Kid A. Such great albums with crazy sounds throughout complimented by the beautiful sounding Thom Yorke

Yesterday I must of listensed to the track - where I end and you begin about 20 times in a row! Lol amazing track