Votes: 9 30.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Mine are on shelves in sleeves. How do you all organize, store them?

Here's what one member has done...

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amen
placed on safe-"wife" boxes in home the official ones at job the unofficials box as well, lol

oh, sorry once opened put back same wrap paper

I put the expensive ones in alpha hard cases and I put the regular old ones on the shelf in a plastic sleeve.

Top shelf surrounded by barb wire and an electric fence so the kids dont touch them lol
Woke up one morning with plactic wrappers all over the floor, they decided to help me open afewEEK! so the higher the shelf the better.

What is an "Alpha Hard Case"? The security cases at Retail Stores?

It is a clear acrylic case that fits a blu-ray steelbook. They do come in other sizes. They use them in store for theft protection. With the locking spring removed, they make an excellent and safe storage container. They are hard to get, but I was able to get a case of them. I have them for sale or trade, unfortunately they are heavy and pricey to deliver. But a good buy to save a IM or IAL from damage.

It is a clear acrylic case that fits a blu-ray steelbook. They do come in other sizes. They use them in store for theft protection. With the locking spring removed, they make an excellent and safe storage container. They are hard to get, but I was able to get a case of them. I have them for sale or trade, unfortunately they are heavy and pricey to deliver. But a good buy to save a IM or IAL from damage.

Or as justintime2k pointed out...random acts of steelbook opening. EEK!

Ahhh, ok, I asked the guy at Hollywood video to sell me some when they were going out of business. He looked at me like I was insane, and told me they could not be sold. As all things, I am guessing there are other sources to obtain them. I am not sure I have any that need to go in those cases, but as I've gotten increasingly OCD, that ALL may change...LOL

Ahhh, ok, I asked the guy at Hollywood video to sell me some when they were going out of business. He looked at me like I was insane, and told me they could not be sold. As all things, I am guessing there are other sources to obtain them. I am not sure I have any that need to go in those cases, but as I've gotten increasingly OCD, that ALL may change...LOL

You can get them on e-bay pretty easily. I have a bunch of extra DVD ones, but they have the locking mechanism still in them - I just scotch taped over them so they don't lock now.

But the ones to have are the blu-ray sized ones - they fit the best.

Shelving/ Cabinets for steelbooks

While I'm still in my early stages of collecting steels, I want somthing to show off my steels in a nice display case or shelf anybody know of any good ones? Havnt checked online but in stores hard to find

I REALLY want to order the DVD shelves from skymall...

102219753x.jpg

Generously sized 6" deep x 24" wide shelves are fully adjustable and hold all your media. Constructed from heavy duty laminated wood composites in five color options (oak, white, walnut, cherry, black). Choose from 50" or 76" heights in Single (28"W x 9-1/2"D), Double (52"W x 9-1/2"D) or Triple (76"W x 9-1/2"D) sizes. Assembly required. Made in USA.

Media Storage Tower 76" Triple holds 2262 CDs, 936 DVDs, 528 VHS tapes or 456 Disney tapes.

Reactions: ammar
Jex-I think that's the biggest unit of that kind of seen, in terms of how many discs it holds and for that price. There are about 1600+ movies in our house, including sets, Steels, etc, and I am constantly trying to figure out how to "control" them, LOL.

Jex-I think that's the biggest unit of that kind of seen, in terms of how many discs it holds and for that price. There are about 1600+ movies in our house, including sets, Steels, etc, and I am constantly trying to figure out how to "control" them, LOL.

1600+ !!! EEK!

I hope you have a room or two extra for all of those. I have to have everything alphabetized id go nuts lol..

Hi King-to tell you the truth, I was never a big movie buyer years ago-I just rented. My tastes are very ecclectic and I never blind bought anything-just no interest in buying movies I may not even liked, it seemed ridiculous. Hi-Def changed that for me, and our entire collection (DVD, HD DVD, Blu, sets, Steels, etc) has since been amassed over 3 short years. But I'd really prefer something with doors. Though I love our movies, I don't need to see them all, all the time:)

Last edited: