Votes: 9 30.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Mine are on shelves in sleeves. How do you all organize, store them?

Here's what one member has done...

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amen
Dumb question but how big are the boxes and where you get them from ?

From my local Ryman...Loads of sizes and colours to suit :scat:

http://www.ryman.co.uk/search-page/?term=really%20useful&cid=OS#/page=1&ippage=48&term=really%20useful&sortp=Best_x20_Seller%20(Descending)&refine=Size%7C15%20-%2019%20Litres!Size%7C20%20-%2024%20Litres

Here's another out of the way type storage...You can fit 70 per drawer EEK!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70053924/#/00062597

malm-chest-of--drawers__25069_PE109825_S4.jpg

Last edited:
I just have a basic pine 6 shelf rack. I have lined them all with the thin rubber mats you buy to keep rugs from moving around. They don't move unless you move them, and the shelf can't scratch the bottom.

I got these from wreck and they are amazing....They dont damage the steel and they show off your really nice steels in the manner that a high priced steel deserves...they do cost 7.50 each but are amazing and well worth it...I think they also allow you to maximize your space usage for the steels..pics attatched :scat:...thanks wreck

Attachments

• cases.jpg
    cases.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 188
  • photo-6.jpg
    photo-6.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 168
Steelbook display/storage solution?

So I've been dancing around with an idea on my ever growing steelbook collection.. I actually watch my movies and only buy steels of films I really enjoy and want to rewatch. This in turn helps me save money and does not dilute my collection with duplicates in 200 different languages..

Anyways.. I've been thinking of a way to watch my movies and never have to really mess around with my steels. Luckily at work i have a shrinkwrap machine so i makes it easier.

But my idea is to take the blurays out and put them in one of those cd/dvd binders/metal suite cases..and then seal the steelbook for storage / display. The binder will neatly store my films in whatever order I wish..and the steels can be handled less and more easily displayed or protected etc.

Is anyone currently doing this or has tried it? Opinions?

So I've been dancing around with an idea on my ever growing steelbook collection.. I actually watch my movies and only buy steels of films I really enjoy and want to rewatch. This in turn helps me save money and does not dilute my collection with duplicates in 200 different languages..

Anyways.. I've been thinking of a way to watch my movies and never have to really mess around with my steels. Luckily at work i have a shrinkwrap machine so i makes it easier.

But my idea is to take the blurays out and put them in one of those cd/dvd binders/metal suite cases..and then seal the steelbook for storage / display. The binder will neatly store my films in whatever order I wish..and the steels can be handled less and more easily displayed or protected etc.

Is anyone currently doing this or has tried it? Opinions?

If you like to have your movies alphabetical (like I do), this is about the worse way to organize your movies, because, each time you get a new movie, you create a ton of work for yourself by having to remove each disc from it's sleeve and insert it into another one.

I don't have any 'special' way to store my steelbooks (except to put a plastic sleeve on the case). I just put it into the shelf with the others in alphabetical order.

If you like to have your movies alphabetical (like I do), this is about the worse way to organize your movies, because, each time you get a new movie, you create a ton of work for yourself by having to remove each disc from it's sleeve and insert it into another one.

I don't have any 'special' way to store my steelbooks (except to put a plastic sleeve on the case). I just put it into the shelf with the others in alphabetical order.

He'll be using a binder

Not really a storage solution... Think It would be a really bad Idea If It's space your need :D

But looks great tho!

Gonna mount the display (and others to come...) on one of my walls. Just don't know which one or how yet :)

glass_zpsf4166d1b.jpg

I have a question for anyone using the 'Benno' shelves from Ikea:

How do you prevent them from falling over? Do you attach it to the wall?

I live in the basement of a condo, that isn't mine, and I was told that I can not nail or screw anything into the wall. So I would need a solution that doesn't need any sort of screw or nail in the wall to prevent it from falling over.

I have a question for anyone using the 'Benno' shelves from Ikea:

How do you prevent them from falling over? Do you attach it to the wall?

I live in the basement of a condo, that isn't mine, and I was told that I can not nail or screw anything into the wall. So I would need a solution that doesn't need any sort of screw or nail in the wall to prevent it from falling over.

Use shims to place under the unit and it will lean back against the wall and won't be so top heavy. That's what I do with all the units I have.

I found some awesome floating shelves here for displaying your SteelBooks. Could probably make them myself but IDK yet. If I do it will be two 60" wide ones. They seem to be just perfectly wide enough for placing your easel and SteelBook on. Imagine a wall full of these neat shelves. Just wanted to share what I found with others.

l2455420880.jpg

r24554.jpg

Cheers...

I like this so much need to find some long one like 2 meters would be perfect

thx for sharing

Reactions: spartan
Well on a few bookshelves if that is a display? Just kinda side by side spine only showing sorta

Last edited: