Votes: 9 30.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Mine are on shelves in sleeves. How do you all organize, store them?

Here's what one member has done...

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amen
At the moment I displayed some of my favourites and lenticulars but I'm working on small shelfs towards my main shelf to display more. Worthless to see only spines with so much beautiful artworks.

I'm looking for a display cabinet with doors on that can be locked, I've tried looking on the net but can't find what I need. Any help would be appreciated. [emoji106]

Always been a big fan of the Billy bookcase with its oodles of space and great prices . . . and for those needing a bit of extra protection from prying hands for their valued SBs there is the Billy / Oxberg with tempered glass doors and although coming without locks I imagine not too difficult to retro-fit at home even if it's just a couple of small surface-mounted clasps / padlocks.
Unfortunately the glass doors add heavily to the price with the standard Billy "double" in the same size - 160 x 202 x 28 cms - as the one below priced @GBP 70 with the Billy / Oxberg priced @GBP 170.

My study is the only locked room here - and for good reason - and because of that I have no need of bookcase doors and can remove the backs, adjust the shelves and add extra shelves and use both sides of each unit to maximise space allowing over 1,000 Blu-rays or steelbooks to be fitted comfortably in each 80 x 202 x 28 cm unit.

Double unit with doors - only in white. Double unit without doors - white - available also in Black, Birch and Oak but price becomes CBP 110 . . .
STEELBOOK STORAGE :-
billy-oxberg-bookcase-white__0255305_PE399420_S4.JPG
billy-bookcase-white__0255285_PE399413_S4.JPG
STEELBOOK DISPLAY:-
Clearview_Showcases.jpg

Searching for suitable steelbook display units WITH LOCKS and internal lighting to show off the best part of the steelbook - the front - all glass units such as these seem ideal.

Ideally, the Billy units would be used for mass steelbook storage with spines showing and the glass display cabinets would house the premium editions or ordinary steelbooks with extraordinary front art.

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalbabe
So I just moved recently and I want to get a new shelving unit for my Steelbooks because I've outgrown what I have already. I was looking at the Atlantic Oskar 1080 unit in Black (hold 1080 CDs, 504 DVDs or 576 blu-rays). It appears that that item has been discontinued by the manufacturer, though I can't find why. I can still get it if I choose to, but if there's something comparable, I'd like to consider it as well.

I currently have 350 steelbooks and maybe 30-50 normal blu-rays and dvds. So I want to get a shelf that has enough room to expand for the foreseeable future and not be nearly full when I put everything up.

Any suggestions?

Made these earlier in the year....I am very lucky indeed, my good lady loves these frames.

I am just in the process of putting another one together, for another 16 as I have had to start putting steels in the cupboard, which is not permitted, this time though it will be landscape as opposed to square, I have certainly found it a lot easier now than before, will upload when done.

I'll support them....if they know what a god damn spine title is.

We need a confirmation on this. It's preordered for now but if it's not got one I'll cancel.

The main bloody one I wanted after Guardians horrible Steelbook and it's the only one without a spine title....it's just bad luck.

Get yourself some of these shelves and spines not having a title wont be an issue anymore haha :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 421
These shelves work well for displaying steelbooks...
http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/30152596/

Here's what they look like. You can actually fit 8 on the larger sized shelf they do but you do need a lot more space to display them like this...
View attachment 252274

Damn, that looks so good. The only media stand i have currently is a cheap $30. It works well and it allows you to see the spines, but i would much rather see the cover art, especially if some steelbooks dont have the title on the spine. Lets hope this one does!

• Thanks
Reactions: Butz2k

Here's what they look like. You can actually fit 8 on the larger sized shelf they do but you do need a lot more space to display them like this...
View attachment 252274

View attachment 252274

Wow , looks boss that mate. I bought some cheap battery powered led lights of eBay and they slot right into the lip perfectly and in my opinion look great

I just need to get round to buying two more now lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    882.8 KB · Views: 355
  • Thanks
Reactions: Butz2k and Hac719