Pieces (Deluxe Limited Edition) (Blu-ray/DVD, CD, Vinyl, Puzzle) Arrow Store Exclusive [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 27th ,2017 (Arrow) - August 28th , 2017 (Amazon)
Purchase Link: http://www.piecesdeluxe.com/ - Amazon UK
Price: £59.99 (Arrow) - £39.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Limited to 1,000 (Arrow)
Amazon Edition does not include the Vinyl

Pieces_main_image_v2.jpg

Last edited:
That wont happen with this release it only been 13 days since it went live
71% sold in 13 days

Don't look at this release in terms of re-seller market it don't need to sell out fast in terms of days weeks

By release date the amount of stock left will be 20% max and a retailer not going to reduce the price for at least another 3- 6 months and only if not selling anymore

A release selling 1 day = in 3 months 90 copies and 180 in 6 months and even if 100 left for example in 7 months as long as it's selling each week no need to reduce
If a retailer is selling 1 copy a day that's 7 in a week and if that was a standard release you would re order stock if sold out

A price drop will only happen if stops selling as in no movement of stock in 3-6 months as in no sales or only 1 or 2 a month
This has already sold majority of the stock

When you see a retailer reduce the price a lot 3-6 months after release date it's because most times 50% of the stock not sold and needs to reduced to offload the stock
Oh right, ok then - yeah, i see what you mean. None the less, i am interested/curious to see how this one pans out in the end, though.

Last edited:
6 sold since yesterday
274 remaining
726 sold
Aha, only just saw your post. Since Saturday they've sold 4. I tell you, i've got a feeling they might have between 150 - 200 left of these, come release date.......maybe closer to 150. I think that once the demand, from those collectors/lovers of this movie, has dried up then whats left will go quite slowly. Lets face it, you're paying an extra £40 for the vinyl and a puzzle, with the non-deluxe limited set released on the same day. They'll have to shift over 30 a week to be sold out by release date............just have to see. What you think?

Aha, only just saw your post. Since Saturday they've sold 4. I tell you, i've got a feeling they might have between 150 - 200 left of these, come release date.......maybe closer to 150. I think that once the demand, from those collectors/lovers of this movie, has dried up then whats left will go quite slowly. Lets face it, you're paying an extra £40 for the vinyl and a puzzle, with the non-deluxe limited set released on the same day. They'll have to shift over 30 a week to be sold out by release date............just have to see. What you think?
It doesn't have to be sold out by release date no release does
Your looking at the release all wrong
It's 73% sold out
It will end up as a sold out release it don't make a difference if it took 1 day or 6 months it's the same result sold out
A retailer would be very happy if a release was selling every week even 1-2 copies after selling most of the stock already

Only 270 left
Sold 730 units in 20 days
A retailer sees that as very successful

It doesn't have to be sold out by release date no release does
Your looking at the release all wrong
It's 73% sold out
It will end up as a sold out release it don't make a difference if it took 1 day or 6 months it's the same result sold out
A retailer would be very happy if a release was selling every week even 1-2 copies after selling most of the stock already

Only 270 left
Sold 730 units in 20 days
A retailer sees that as very successful
Yes, i know it doesnt have to be sold out by release date, but i am just interested and curious to see how this particular edition performs, as compared to other editions that don't have the gimmicky stuff.

Release Date: March 27th ,2017
Purchase Link: http://www.piecesdeluxe.com/( Pre-order will be live 4.30pm GMT on Friday the 13th of January)
Price: £59.99
Notes: Limited to 1,000 with order limit of 1 per customer
This will be not on Arrow Films Website to purchase you wont be able to use your reward points
It will be available for pre-order via a bespoke website similar to the Shock and Gore and Withnail and I (Limited Edition Box Sets)

View attachment 286766
Does this have the 42nd street documentary that's on the region 1 release?

Does this have the 42nd street documentary that's on the region 1 release?
No as far as I know
42nd street Memories documentary was exclusive in the UK with 88 films Anthropophagus Blu-ray and with Pieces Blu-ray from Grindhouse Releasing in USA
Arrow was originally approached to co fund the 42nd street documentary as they worked a lot before with High Rising Productions with Arrow Video extras on their releases but arrow said they where not interested in the Documentary and 88 Films got involved instead in funding the documentary

Arrow and High Rising Productions not on best terms at the moment from what I seen

It's a fantastic documentary I have it on the Grindhouse Pieces release
If you want the documentary you can get 88 Films UK Anthropophagus Blu-ray it's still available to order on amazon UK

Last edited:
No as far as I know
42nd street documentary was exclusive in the UK with 88 films Anthropophagus Blu-ray and with Pieces Blu-ray from Grindhouse Releasing in USA
Arrow was originally approached to co fund the 42nd street documentary as they worked a lot before with High Rising Productions with Arrow Video extras on their releases

Arrow and High Rising Productions not on best terms at the moment from what I seen

Thanks for the quick response. I've been looking at the U.S version, and only now have just seen the upcoming U.K version.

Thanks for the quick response. I've been looking at the U.S version, and only now have just seen the upcoming U.K version.
If you want the documentary you can get 88 Films UK Anthropophagus Blu-ray it's still available to order on amazon UK
There is a remastered Blu-ray release of Anthropophagus getting a release in 2017 but that won't have the documentary

The existing Anthropophagus Blu Ray does have it
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013I6G10K/?tag=hidefnin-21

There is a remastered Blu-ray release of Anthropophagus getting a release in 2017 but that won't have the documentary

Cheers for that. So how does this upcoming release measure up to the U.S one. Obviously not counting 42nd Street?

Cheers for that. So how does this upcoming release measure up to the U.S one. Obviously not counting 42nd Street?
Arrow Video release has some new extras that are not on the Grindhouse Release
I have the Grindhouse Releasing edition and that's has a very cool embossed slipbox
How much of a difference I will compare when I get the Arrow Video release

If your a big fan of the film I would get both Arrow Video and Grindhouse release

Paul, do you know when the remastered Anthropophagaus is getting its release this year? I cant find any info on it anywhere. And is it for certain that it wont have the 42nd street memories documentary on it? I called Fopp the other day and they said that they will be getting the remastered on April and that its listed as have that documentary as an extra....... But sometimes they get things wrong/confused, so was wondering if you knew the ins and outs on this.

Paul, do you know when the remastered Anthropophagaus is getting its release this year? I cant find any info on it anywhere. And is it for certain that it wont have the 42nd street memories documentary on it? I called Fopp the other day and they said that they will be getting the remastered on April and that its listed as have that documentary as an extra....... But sometimes they get things wrong/confused, so was wondering if you knew the ins and outs on this.

It's getting a release first to those who contributed as in funded the indiegogo Italian collection restoration project as a free bonus release
I contributed to this project
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/88-films-italian-collection-restoration-project--2#/
I already got my 4 blu ray releases the fifth bonus release is Anthropophagaus
There is a delay in the release
It was mentioned in a Web forum about the restoration that the 42nd street memories won't be on the new Blu ray but that not 100% confirmed yet
Where still waiting on a update of the release and final details of the content and when we are getting our blu ray last time June was mentioned as a possible date

It's meant to be not available to order from retailers for at least 3 months after the indiegogo contributors get there blu ray but that might change going by recent update

Recent update from 88 films Italian Collection Restoration Project (indiegogo)
The one thing we have to add is that the final stretch goal of remastering Anthropophagous has been hugely delayed. We had hoped to ship all 5 titles together but the Anthropophagous negative is not in good shape so we're having to have a lot of extra time spent on this.

We will work out the best way to get this to you guys as soon as it is ready, this will probably be around June / July. What we will probably do is give you a voucher code for our website so you can order it at your leisure but this will be worked out later
My name will be in the credits on the blu ray as a contributor who help fund the release :LOL:

Amazon listing of April 3 2017 I doubt it will be ready by then and it's not listed yet on 88 films website as a pre order
The recent update given on 88 films Italian Collection Restoration Project (indiegogo) in Jan 2017 was it will be a June/July release

Fopp most likely just went by the extras listed on previous release

Calum Waddell posted this on twitter
10 Jun 2016
Just to confirm 42nd St Memories will NOT be on the remastered Anthropopagous from @88_Films Maybe a spec ed later down the line...

That was back in June 2016
Only way to know for sure is when the Blu-ray gets released and in hand I'm sure someone will have a review copy before it's release and then we will know

Last edited:
It's getting a release first to those who contributed as in funded the indiegogo Italian collection restoration project as a free bonus release
I contributed to this project
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/88-films-italian-collection-restoration-project--2#/
I already got my 4 blu ray releases the fifth bonus release is Anthropophagaus
There is a delay in the release
It was mentioned in a Web forum about the restoration that the 42nd street memories won't be on the new Blu ray but that not 100% confirmed yet
Where still waiting on a update of the release and final details of the content and when we are getting our blu ray last time June was mentioned as a possible date

It's meant to be not available to order from retailers for at least 3 months after the indiegogo contributors get there blu ray but that might change going by recent update

Recent update from 88 films Italian Collection Restoration Project (indiegogo)
The one thing we have to add is that the final stretch goal of remastering Anthropophagous has been hugely delayed. We had hoped to ship all 5 titles together but the Anthropophagous negative is not in good shape so we're having to have a lot of extra time spent on this.

We will work out the best way to get this to you guys as soon as it is ready, this will probably be around June / July. What we will probably do is give you a voucher code for our website so you can order it at your leisure but this will be worked out later
My name will be in the credits on the blu ray as a contributor who help fund the release :LOL:

Amazon listing of April 3 2017 I doubt it will be ready by then and it's not listed yet on 88 films website as a pre order
The recent update given on 88 films Italian Collection Restoration Project (indiegogo) in Jan 2017 was it will be a June/July release

Fopp most likely just went by the extras listed on previous release
Right! Nice one Paul, thanks for that. If i can get the previous release at a good price then i'll go for it - that documentary sounds right up my street........so to speak. Then go for the remastered when its released later. Thanks for the info though, appreciated!

Right! Nice one Paul, thanks for that. If i can get the previous release at a good price then i'll go for it - that documentary sounds right up my street........so to speak. Then go for the remastered when its released later. Thanks for the info though, appreciated!
You could also order the Grindhouse Release of Pieces from Amazon USA as that has 42nd street memories documentary

88 Films website lists previous Anthropophagaus Blu-ray as sold out but says stock available soon
I don't think anyone know's yet for sure what extras will be on the new Anthropophagaus remastered Blu-ray
If I see anything official on details I will let you know

Oh right
You could also order the Grindhouse Release of Pieces from Amazon USA as that has 42nd street memories documentary

88 Films website lists previous Anthropophagaus Blu-ray as sold out but says stock available soon
I don't think anyone know's yet for sure what extras will be on the new Anthropophagaus remastered Blu-ray
If I see anything official on details I will let you know
Oh right, ok - thanks again for that info! I don't have an all region player ( only region B) so i wouldn't be able to order the grindhouse release of "pieces", which i presume is region A locked, so i might just wait and see what happens withh 88's remastered Anthropophagaus. Thanks Paul.

Oh right

Oh right, ok - thanks again for that info! I don't have an all region player ( only region B) so i wouldn't be able to order the grindhouse release of "pieces", which i presume is region A locked, so i might just wait and see what happens withh 88's remastered Anthropophagaus. Thanks Paul.
Grindhouse Releasing USA release of Pieces is Region Free
Photos in this thread
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/pieces-with-slipbox-cd-grindhouse-releasing-usa.76335/