Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - In theaters May 26, 2017

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)

Director: [DIRECTOR]Joachim Rønning[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Espen Sandberg[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Johnny Depp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kaya Scodelario[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Orlando Bloom[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brenton Thwaites[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Javier Bardem[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Geoffrey Rush[/ACTOR]

Plot: Captain Jack Sparrow is pursued by an old enemy, Captain Salazar, who along with his crew of ghost pirates has escaped from the Bermuda Triangle and is determined to kill every pirate at sea. Jack seeks the mythical Trident of Poseidon, which will bestow upon its possessor total control over the seas, to use against Salazar.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
290260-aa59a5b8cdadcf78ad4dc69e38329764.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
It's not that strange that they want to continue on. The franchise is worth so much money and regardless of how much money it brings in the US, worldwide it's massive amounts. I can see Disney riding this one out for a 6th movie too.

I still haven't gotten around to watching the 4th one yet so its kind of hard to imagine what they will have planned for the 5th. However, its not really surprising that Disney wants to make another movie considering how the series is so successful. :p

Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg (directors) recently spoke with This is Infamous (via The Playlist) and they revealed that the title is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
Now that's official, Pirates 5 will be called Pirates 5! :hilarious:

Reactions: bloodsnake007
I loved the first movie but by the third, I was disappointed. Too much packed in. By the fourth movie, it became the same thing. Hope the fifth explores some new territory.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Delayed; 2016 Release Likely

Although Captain Jack Sparrow is set to sail again in the forthcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Walt Disney Pictures now brings word that the project won't make its original release date of July 10, 2015. Although nothing is set in stone, studio sources indicate that a 2016 release is likely. The news comes just one day after the studio rescheduled the Marvel Studios property Ant-Man.

Launched in 2003 with The Curse of the Black Pearl, the franchise has, in every film so far, featured Johnny Depp in the role of Captain Jack Sparrow. The most recent adventure, On Stranger Tides, also starred Penelope Cruz, Ian McShane and Sam Claflin and turned out more than $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

Catch Me If You Can scribe Jeff Nathanson has provided the screenplay for the fifth installment, which will be directed by Kon-Tiki's Joachim R�nning and Espen Sandberg.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is scheduled to begin production this fall.

I've got to be honest; I'm becoming tired of this franchise and the sub-title, "Dead Men Tell No Tales", is absolutely awful. That said, the fact that this is coming from the directors of Kon-Tiki has me quite excited.

I still need to re-watch #3 and watch #4.

That being said though, always loved these kind of fun adventure movies with great scenery and worlds I'd like to live in.

With the recent news of Bruckheimer parting ways with Disney, one has to wonder if this will be the last of the Pirates movies.

No doubt after the demise of the Lone Ranger, Disney kinda told Bruckheimer that they don't wish to work with him again. Although this is not the official reason, Im betting it is.

They have however confirmed another Pirates movie (possibly this one) & another National Treasure before the parting.

This from Joblo:
"Another cash cow for Disney, the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN series, may not be a sure thing any longer. Variety's Marc Graser tweeted this today.
With directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg attached to helm PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES, it seemed like the Johnny Depp film was coming no matter what, but then the film was pushed to 2016, effectively stopping casting and pre-production until decisions could be made. While the films have made a ton of money, the fan reaction seemed to land more in the "who cares" category rather than rapt anticipation."

I believe Disney has gotten cold feet to proceed with another Pirates ever since the colossal failure The Lone Ranger was! :( We'll just have to wait and see!

Reactions: Drum18
I believe Disney has gotten cold feet to proceed with another Pirates ever since the colossal failure The Lone Ranger was! :( We'll just have to wait and see!
Seems like they discovered the hard way that getting Johnny Depp in full makeup doesn't guarrantee you $$$... ;)

And let's be honest, POTC4 was not that fun either... a real cash cow ($1B) but still not a great movie... :(

I loved the first 3 films and enjoyed the 4th but let's be honest, isn't this series becoming a little played out especially that they have 2 more planned sequels.