Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - In theaters May 26, 2017

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)

Director: [DIRECTOR]Joachim Rønning[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Espen Sandberg[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Johnny Depp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kaya Scodelario[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Orlando Bloom[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brenton Thwaites[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Javier Bardem[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Geoffrey Rush[/ACTOR]

Plot: Captain Jack Sparrow is pursued by an old enemy, Captain Salazar, who along with his crew of ghost pirates has escaped from the Bermuda Triangle and is determined to kill every pirate at sea. Jack seeks the mythical Trident of Poseidon, which will bestow upon its possessor total control over the seas, to use against Salazar.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
290260-aa59a5b8cdadcf78ad4dc69e38329764.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
From what I last heard, Bruckheimer was contracted to do two more movies before saying goodbye to Disney. The one being Pirates 5 (No 6th) & an apparent National Treasure 3.

Reactions: jcm
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Delayed; 2016 Release Likely

Although Captain Jack Sparrow is set to sail again in the forthcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Walt Disney Pictures now brings word that the project won't make its original release date of July 10, 2015. Although nothing is set in stone, studio sources indicate that a 2016 release is likely. The news comes just one day after the studio rescheduled the Marvel Studios property Ant-Man.

Launched in 2003 with The Curse of the Black Pearl, the franchise has, in every film so far, featured Johnny Depp in the role of Captain Jack Sparrow. The most recent adventure, On Stranger Tides, also starred Penelope Cruz, Ian McShane and Sam Claflin and turned out more than $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

Catch Me If You Can scribe Jeff Nathanson has provided the screenplay for the fifth installment, which will be directed by Kon-Tiki's Joachim R�nning and Espen Sandberg.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is scheduled to begin production this fall.

That's cool that Nathanson is on board :)naughty:), cos the stories have been pretty dire since the first I think.

I really can't belived Johnny Depp is still doing these films. He's a thousand times a better actors than either Orlando or Keira, and yet he keeps coming back. What's in it for him? Not like he needs the money. Must be the same thing keeps him working with Tim Burton, who has clearly lost his talent.

And am still a little excited about this, if they just pull their finger out of their arse and try something a little different, a little bit more ambitious.

I am not holding my breath.

Of course, all this doesn't stop me having one of these from Posterlounge on my wall:

fluch-der-karibik-4-red-bandana-31406.jpg

One of the better posters and prints.

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' to Possibly Shoot in Early 2015 :movie:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/pirates-of-the-caribbean-5-to-possibly-shoot-in-early-2015

During an appearance at the 54th Monte-Carlo Television Festival earlier this month, producer Jerry Bruckheimer revealed that he hopes to get production started on the gestating Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales in early 2015, with Johnny Depp returning as Captain Jack Sparrow.

"(It's a) new adventure from Johnny Depp, Captain Jack, and hopefully we'll get started after the first of the year. That's what we're looking forward to."

The project has suffered a number of delays over the last few years, although it seemed to be getting on the right track last May, when Kon-Tiki filmmakers Espen Sandberg and Joachim Rønning signed on to direct.

However, we reported in September that the project has been pushed out of its summer 2015 release date, due to script issues. Disney CEO Alan Horn revealed in April that the project still does not have a screenplay he is willing to give the green light to. Jeff Nathanson wrote the most recent draft of the script.

If Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales does begin production in early 2015, it's possible that Disney could release it in the summer of 2016, but nothing has been confirmed at this time.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales comes to theaters in 2016 and stars Johnny Depp. The film is directed by Joachim Rønning, Espen Sandberg.

Disney to Release Pirates of the Caribbean 5 in 2017 :jawdrop:

Walt Disney Pictures just announced that Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will hit theaters on July 7, 2017. The movie, which previously was said to have the subtitle of "Dead Men Tell No Tales," has that date to itself for now.

Catch Me If You Can scribe Jeff Nathanson has provided the screenplay for the fifth installment, which will be directed by Kon-Tiki's Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg. Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.

Launched in 2003 with The Curse of the Black Pearl, the franchise has, in every film so far, featured Johnny Depp in the role of Captain Jack Sparrow and Geoffrey Rush as Captain Barbossa. The most recent adventure, On Stranger Tides, also starred Penelope Cruz, Ian McShane and Sam Claflin and turned out more than $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

The "Pirates of the Caribbean" films have earned over $3.7 billion at the worldwide box office.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120928#ixzz38LY8NLjn

The same thing happened to Bad Boys 3 & Beverly Hills Cop 4. This will most likely come out but makes you wonder nonetheless...

‘Pirates of the Caribbean 5′ Begins Filming in Australia in Early 2015

Source: http://screenrant.com/pirates-caribbean-5-filming-australia-2015/

Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) will return in a fifth Pirates of the Caribbean film, which is subtitled Dead Men Tell No Tales according to its directors, Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg. Casting rumors aside – be they Christoph Waltz playing a new pirate or Orlando Bloom reprising his role as Will Turner from the first Pirates trilogy – today we can confirm where the production will be taking place, as well as when filming is expected to begin.

Production Begins on PotC: Dead Men Tell No Tales! :thumbs:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...rates-of-the-caribbean-dead-men-tell-no-tales

"Production has officially commenced today! The fifth entry in the blockbuster franchise inspired by the classic Disney Theme Parks attraction is directed by Espen Sandberg and Joachim Rønning (Kon-Tiki) and will film entirely at Village Roadshow Studios and on locations within Queensland, Australia.

Johnny Depp returns to his iconic, Academy Award-nominated role as Captain Jack Sparrow, newly joined by Oscar winner Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men, Skyfall), rising young stars Kaya Scodelario (The Maze Runner, “Skins”), Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent, The Giver) and Golshifteh Farahani (The Patience Stone, Exodus: Gods and Kings). Rejoining the action are Academy Award winner Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa, Kevin R. McNally as Joshamee Gibbs and Stephen Graham as Scrum.

Thrust into an all-new adventure, a down-on-his-luck Captain Jack Sparrow finds the winds of ill-fortune blowing even more strongly when deadly ghost pirates led by his old nemesis, the terrifying Captain Salazar (Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle, determined to kill every pirate at sea…including him. Captain Jack’s only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon, a powerful artifact that bestows upon its possessor total control over the seas."

pirateship.gif

This latest entry in the POTC franchise and the upcoming Alice2 will mark if Depp still has it or not... all his latest movie were uber crap & box office failure!

Depp has made so many duds recently, he needs to get back on track quickly.
Sticking to this franchise will help but to be honest, I've seen his quirky facial expressions more than enough.
Just cannot watch his films anymore [emoji33]

I LOVED the first one.
And they slowly went downhill after that. By the time the fourth one came around it was just a total mess (IMO).

I really hope they can bring back the magic of what made these fun to watch. fingers crossed.

Reactions: psychoscot
Loved the first one and the 4th was only saved by Ian McShane, the other 2 were absolutely dire films. Will most likely see it as I like Depp though.