Pocahontas (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #23) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: September 15th, 2014
Price: £19.99
Purchase link: Pocahontas
Notes: Limited to 4000 Copies.

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10975851-1404387605-310893.jpg

10975851-1404387605-309839.jpg

10975851-1404387605-309789.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 418
Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nice looking SteelBook, but I am very disappointed with it. The embossing is at least 1mm misaligned to the right (or the artwork is misaligned 1mm to the left, whichever), so it gives everything a slight shadowing effect. Is it so difficult for the manufacturers to line the printer up with the embossing? I know previous Disney titles have had this problem (Jungle Book, for example), but this is by far the worst case of misalignment I have seen in a long while!

in my opinion its a great looking steel, but im not sure about (what can only be described as) experimental embossing. i think it would have been better to just emboss the border and the title.

also, its a shame to complain more but as my pics show, my copy came with a little dent. this is the second consecutive 'damaged' steel i have received from zavvi.

Post came nice and early this morning with this in the delivery so some peeps will get an early Mail Gift today, looking forward to having a proper look at it when I get home tonight. Hopefully it means Rescuers will drop tomorrow.

Got mine in the post today, too, but not The Rescuers...

Has anyone else only received this and not The Rescuers? Seems a bit odd considering they were dispatched at the same time EEK!

Yes. My post was delivered about an hour ago (which is 4 hours earlier than yesterday!), but it only included Pocahontas...

This would not be the first time I have received items despatched on the same day at different times (sometimes even several days apart!).

• Informative
Reactions: Mojo
tumblr_mpqe3cAG621rimr93o1_500.gif

This and The Rescuers look fantastic, can't wait to have them in hand.

It seems that the vivid colors on Pocahantas will make this steel one of the best of the collection, that's nice!

Seriously, it's a damn shame Zavvi is stopping the collection, I thought the matte ones were pretty good but the glossy ones with proper backs are absolutely outstanding, I hope they rethink this decision, or at least come up with a Dreamworks collection :) (and start with How to Train your Dragon 1 & 2).

Reactions: rj531
This and The Rescuers just arrived. Looks better in hand than it does in the pictures :) Embossing is a little off though :( Apart from that, great looking steel :happy:

Reactions: harry
Have just noticed a small paint-chip on mine - in the bottom right hand corner. Was obstructed by the j-card, so not visible until I had removed that. I don't think it's bad enough to request a replacement, but still a bit annoying nonetheless. I will report it to Zavvi and maybe get a small refund.
P1010759.JPG

Sharpie. ;)

Received this and Rescuers today in boxes. This one is bold, simple and beautiful - like the film. Rescuers is nice - blind buy though omg.

Received mine today.
I really like it the colours are great and the embossing is something a bit different.
The last 3 Disney / Zavvi steels being Hercules, Mulan and now Pocahontas have been superb.
This could be my favourite of 2014 so far

It's a nice looking SteelBook, but I am very disappointed with it. The embossing is at least 1mm misaligned to the right (or the artwork is misaligned 1mm to the left, whichever), so it gives everything a slight shadowing effect. Is it so difficult for the manufacturers to line the printer up with the embossing? I know previous Disney titles have had this problem (Jungle Book, for example), but this is by far the worst case of misalignment I have seen in a long while!

I know what you mean. Imo misaligned embossing is seem to be the most frequent defect these days. And yes, I call it a defect. I mean, I have dozens of different tins, lunchboxes etc and major misalignment seems to be pretty rare. So why the hell can't the steelbook factories do a decent job on this? I am so sick of returning steelbooks that are ruined just because of the silly misalignment.