Pocahontas (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #23) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: September 15th, 2014
Price: £19.99
Purchase link: Pocahontas
Notes: Limited to 4000 Copies.

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10975851-1404387605-310893.jpg

10975851-1404387605-309839.jpg

10975851-1404387605-309789.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 426
Last edited by a moderator:
omfg! thanks for the great pics, @paulboland and everyone else that posted pics ! just seen them the first time.

it makes me look at my screen this way:

images

this steel just entered my top 5 list of the year 2014. i opened some of the newer glossy disney steelbooks last night to see them in full beauty, and was already blown away how good they look when the shrink wrap is removed (robin hood, bambi, alice, pinocchio,... all look gorgeous).
now, what i see in the pics here, is, for me, the BEST zavvi disney steel so far. the colours are so rich and really pop, and i love the border as the contrast that surrounds the whole thing.
i think (even if i told myself differently multiple times lately) i will have to order a second one. :naughty:

Reactions: harry
Just opened mine. Basically a perfect gem of a Disney steelbook.

This exact steelbook released in 2011 would be a super grail. We've come a long way.

Reactions: harry
This is funny. Everyone blames Zavvi when they release a rubbish Steelbook yet credit the studio when they release a good one.

You know what is also funny? When people give credit to retailers like Zavvi, Best Buy, Target, Future Shop, etc when most probably they have nothing to do with the end result.

In my opinion, studios are the ones who make the decisions. Perhaps Scanavo give studios some input, but that's it.

Retailers like Blufans, KimchiDVD, Plain Archive, that's a different story.

Last edited:
You know what is also funny? When people give credit to retailers like Zavvi, Best Buy, Target, Future Shop, etc when most probably they have nothing to do with the end result.

In my opinion, studios are the ones who make the decisions. Perhaps Scanavo give studios some input, but that's it.

Retailers like Blufans, KimchiDVD, Plain Archive, that's a different story.
Even with the above retailers its the Film Studio who decide if the artwork can be used
The film studios has final say on all releases its their product been sold by a retailer
With Disney its even more restricted as lot of the times the Steelbooks are the same worlwide with only differences been Full Slips or Lenticular and clear slip covers with title and booklets etc
Disney decide what steelbooks can be in USA/European or Asian releases
Disney USA is different to Disney Europe separate companies

With all releases
If the film studio do not approve artwork or its contents they cant be used
They do takes requests by a retailer for artwork but lot of the times they reject them and insist on what can be used sometimes this can be different to other releases

Last edited:
Got mine last night. Very nice, indeed.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but has anyone else noticed how the border on the front is off center and is left-justified? Not to nitpick, but with such a colorful border, it just really stands out, to me.

Still love the steelbook though!

Just opened mine. Basically a perfect gem of a Disney steelbook.

This exact steelbook released in 2011 would be a super grail. We've come a long way.

let's see how rare and sought after this is in 2016. :) i got mine today, opened it immediately to check if everything's ok. looks pristine and mint in every way. absolutely lovely steelbook, in my opinion the best of the series so far.