Police Story: Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Japan]

roseart

everyrosehasitsthorn
Premium Supporter
Mar 20, 2012
Texas, US
Release Date: December 07, 2012
Limited to 3,000

Looks like no English subtitles. :( They are calling it the Japanese dub version. Amazon only lists Japanese & Chinese for languages and only Japanese for subtitles.

Buy Link

JPPoliceStory1.jpg

Google Translated Extras:

Limited edition 3,000 set production
Jackie movie be in a dilemma here, in a steel book Blu-ray ─ ─!!

● voice recording: New Edition new recording linked to actors dub of BD "Eye of the Dragon 2 nine Police Story 2" Japanese dub / Track Add to sound broadcasting "Theater Movie Golden" October 10, 11 987 Japanese dub (Hiroya Ishimaru, both full-length dub dub Jackie Song)
● Specifications Specifications: steel book luxury inner artwork specifications spread
● In addition to the "main part HD", & Ending (birthday of colleagues) ... Opening this title when released in Japan ※ Song Song other benefits (Proceedings NG) the "when released in Japan this title"
● inclusion benefits: First-time theatrical pamphlet Japan <pocket edition> Press reprint <pocket edition>
● [Bonus Track] The first Blu-ray video to BD version of this!
When publishing this story ★ Japan <voice: Japanese version to dub 2TV broadcast Cantonese dub Japan 1 Original Song added three new recording (with full-length dub) (with full-length dub)>
● (other postcards when publishing lobby card Hong Kong, Japan during theatrical release) Collectibles Photo Gallery
● Japanese theater trailer
● UK Edition Trailer
● Hong Kong Version Trailer
● Jackie Chan talks about "Police Story" 20 minutes <Voice dubbed by Hiroya Ishimaru 2 subtitle to the voice of one person Jackie>
36 minutes ★ Jackie Chan History <Audio: narrated by Hiroya Ishimaru 2 English subtitles narration 1>
● Making
● Edit notice (latest version trailer / trailer original)
● Photo Gallery (/ Slideshow Photo Album)
● NG scene

Additional Images:

JPPoliceStory2.jpg

JPPoliceStory3.jpg
Actual pics thanks to Hitster:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would see this as a good chance to learn Mandarin or Japanese.:D

lol yeah.. I couldn't learn French in high school so I doubt that will be happening.

The red on the spine says "police story ultimate edition" :D

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Aw just realized it says that below too. Makes me feel less cool about being able to read it lol.

I kind of wish the english was at the top of the spine but it looks cool nonetheless. Thats cool that you can read it though!

Awesome artwork, I wish there could be more classic Jackie Chan movies (e.g. Miracles) packaged in such elaborately designed steel mantles.

Got mine recently after less than a month's waiting :cool: Still looking forward watching it to hopefully improve my Mandarin (which consists of a dozen syllables/words, though :D )

Just bought a copy of this:oohyeah: so excited to see it in hand, i can not believe I hadn't seen this anywhere till todayEEK! I hope there are more Jackie steels released. I have karate kid and now this, does anyone know of any other steelbooks with Jackie chan in it that i may have missed ?

Just bought a copy of this:oohyeah: so excited to see it in hand, i can not believe I hadn't seen this anywhere till todayEEK! I hope there are more Jackie steels released. I have karate kid and now this, does anyone know of any other steelbooks with Jackie chan in it that i may have missed ?

Glad that you got your copy.:thumbs: I think thats the only 2 Jackie Chan movies in steelbook.

Reactions: chunk
Glad that you got your copy.:thumbs: I think thats the only 2 Jackie Chan movies in steelbook.

Cheers Harry, that saves me from searching for non existing steelbooks:thumbs: I'm so happy about this, one of his best films too.. I was looking recently for the original poster for this film, its very cool that the inside artwork is the poster i wanted to buy:scat:

Cheers Harry, that saves me from searching for non existing steelbooks:thumbs: I'm so happy about this, one of his best films too.. I was looking recently for the original poster for this film, its very cool that the inside artwork is the poster i wanted to buy:scat:

Kimchi should release Jackie chan steelbook ( 3 movies)

1. Drunken Master
2. Project A
3. Wheels on Meals

:scat:

Reactions: chunk
Kimchi should release Jackie chan steelbook ( 3 movies)

1. Drunken Master
2. Project A
3. Wheels on Meals

:scat:

Yep, I'd buy your 3 choices. I love all 5 police story's, i would be soooooo happy to get them in S'S..
also thunderbolt, the 90's movies..rumble in the bronx etc, also the rush hour's all of his early movies.. I could go on, i should have just said I'd buy everything he's ever done, i just get over excited sometimes:emb:

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Times like this, I wish Hong Kong legends were still going :(

I miss the label. The extras were superb. And pretty sure, by now, we would have convinced them to release their label in steelbook form.

#missedopportunity

100% agree, they would have knocked them all out and made a few quid, its a shame.. I hope someone steps up for getting them out on steelbook, i would be a loyal customer for sure:D

Yep, I'd buy your 3 choices. I love all 5 police story's, i would be soooooo happy to get them in S'S..
also thunderbolt, the 90's movies..rumble in the bronx etc, also the rush hour's all of his early movies.. I could go on, i should have just said I'd buy everything he's ever done, i just get over excited sometimes:emb:

I have all of Jackie's films on DVD (had a lot of them on VHS before that.). Have recently been trying to upgrade them to Blu-ray, not a lot of them have been released on blu over here, let alone in a steelbook. Hopefully more get released in the future.

Rumble in the Bronx, First Strike, Who Am I, Mr. Nice Guy, and of course the Rush Hour and Police Story series' are some of my favorites.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

What was the expert that used to do stuff on them, was it Ben Logan or something. Used to enjoy them

His name was Bey Logan, and yes the extras are pretty good on the dragon dynasty releases.

The JC steels should be done by Blufans or HDzeta, but I'll still get it if Kimchi does it. They should also put in work in getting proper HD transfers and not upscales.
Speaking for HKL, I still have about 30 HKL movies that I'm still keeping because of the tons of extras and Bey Logan's audio commentary. For me, I'd like to see steels for:
1. Drunken Master 2 Original HK version (IMO far better than DM)
2. Dragons Forever
3. The Young Master
4. Police Story 3 (HK Version)

Cool idea,:scat: might do that ;)

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

The JC steels should be done by Blufans or HDzeta, but I'll still get it if Kimchi does it. They should also put in work in getting proper HD transfers and not upscales.
Speaking for HKL, I still have about 30 HKL movies that I'm still keeping because of the tons of extras and Bey Logan's audio commentary. For me, I'd like to see steels for:
1. Drunken Master 2 Original HK version (IMO far better than DM)
2. Dragons Forever
3. The Young Master
4. Police Story 3 (HK Version)

Awesome but also Project A, Wheels on meals ;)