Poltergeist (Remake) 2015 - In theaters July 24, 2015

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A

Poltergeist_Header.jpg

20th Century Fox and MGM have released the trailer and poster for Poltergeist, opening in theaters on July 24, 2015. Check them out below!

Legendary filmmaker Sam Raimi (Spider-Man, Evil Dead, The Grudge) and director Gil Kenan (Monster House) contemporize the classic tale about a family whose suburban home is haunted by evil forces. When the terrifying apparitions escalate their attacks and hold the youngest daughter captive, the family must come together to rescue her before she disappears forever.

Written by David Lindsay-Abaire, Poltergeist boasts an impressive cast, including Sam Rockwell, Rosemarie DeWitt, Jared Harris, Saxon Sharbino, and Jane Adams, along with 8-year-old Kennedi Clements as Madison, a play on the iconic Carol Anne (Heather O’Rourke) from the original.

Poster:
poltergeist_poster_large.jpg

Trailer:

popcorn2.gif

Reports are all over the map about whether this is for the PG, PG-13, or R rated audience.
This trailer (trumpeting The Grudge & Evil Dead) seems to be after the latter two.
And I guess 'updating' the material includes spirits not being 'angry' but 'pissed-off'.
(I can't wait to see what PC friendly angle they go for instead of an Indian burial ground...)
The original is a classic- I hope it respects that.

NO NO NO NEVER NO WRONG ON SO MENY LEAVELS :banghead: . The original still chills now some things should NEVER EVER BE REMADE :ohno: .

Why not a clean slate and give it another title instead of making run round the house yelling NO NO NEVER NO WRONGD LEAVE IT ALONE EEK! .

I was against this until I read it was from the director of Monster House. Now I'm not as against this. :p

It actually looks really good and creepy.

I have to admit that does look scary. Hopefully it's more than just jump scares and loud noises though. I loved the Evil Dead and The Grudge remakes so I'm sure this will be good.

Well I didn't see this one coming. And Sam Rockwell in a horror too! Excellent news. Although the original is one of the first scary films I see as a small child and left a mark on me, it is slightly dated and a bit laughable in places only bit that makes me feel weird is the meat in the bathroom sink bit. I'm not a fan of remakes but this looks really good. Looking forward to it

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut
Reports are all over the map about whether this is for the PG, PG-13, or R rated audience.
This trailer (trumpeting The Grudge & Evil Dead) seems to be after the latter two.
And I guess 'updating' the material includes spirits not being 'angry' but 'pissed-off'.
(I can't wait to see what PC friendly angle they go for instead of an Indian burial ground...)
The original is a classic- I hope it respects that.

Isn't this one on a burial ground too? Looks similar to the original with the tree and stuff. Wasn't it a film crew in the original that stay in the house ?

I love the original and the trailer seemed fun so I am looking forward to it!

Isn't this one on a burial ground too? Looks similar to the original with the tree and stuff. Wasn't it a film crew in the original that stay in the house ?

Original house burned down in a fire that no one knows how it happened.
Thats part of the "curse" of the original.

I love the original and the trailer seemed fun so I am looking forward to it!

Original house burned down in a fire that no one knows how it happened.
Thats part of the "curse" of the original.

No no, I know all that about the curse and people dying and stuff and loads of other trippy things that actually happened.

Because @C.C. 95 mentioned what PC friendly angle they will go for instead of a burial ground and I meant isn't the new film also set on a burial ground (I thought I heard that in the trailer) too. It looks like they have kept to the original im just hoping even more f*cked up.

I also meant wasn't it a film crew or something that stay in the house or paranormal researchers or something? (In the original)

No no, I know all that about the curse and people dying and stuff and loads of other trippy things that actually happened.

Because @C.C. 95 mentioned what PC friendly angle they will go for instead of a burial ground and I meant isn't the new film also set on a burial ground (I thought I heard that in the trailer) too. It looks like they have kept to the original im just hoping even more f*cked up.

I also meant wasn't it a film crew or something that stay in the house or paranormal researchers or something? (In the original)

Yes in the original paranormal researchers were in the house with the family. :)

I also hope they keep to the burial ground story. I doubt it will be a R rating though so expect only slightly more harder movie then original.

I'm actually hyped for this! The Teaser and Official Trailer were amazing to me. My only concern is how much they giveaway in those trailers. I really hope they saved something for the actual movie. Hyped though! :smug:

This is the FULL TRAILER I seen

Last edited: