Purchase link: Amazon.it

pompei.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 232
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shanester
Is this definitely a Steelbook? It's described as a Metal Box on Amazon.it, whereas all the other Steelbook releases actually state Steelbook. Saying that Apocalypse Now always stated Metal box even after it was confirmed as a Steelbook.

I think this is still too early to call as to whether this is a FuturePak, Metal Box, Steelbook or some other type of metal casing. There is just no consistency on amazon.it as to its terminology. You will find Steelbooks listed as both Metal Box and Steel Box.

Also, other sites, including dvd.it and dvdland.it, still have this release listed as a Steelbook.

This title is being released by 01 Distribution who were also responsible for the Italian release of "Rush" and that was most certainly a Steelbook. Seems odd that they would alter the format of their releases. They are also responsible for the forthcoming Italian release of "The Wolf of Wall Street" which is again listed on amazon.it as a Metal Box but on the other sites as a Steelbook.

I venture to suggest that only the distributor of these titles is able to give a definitive answer. I have checked their website, 01distribution.it, in the hope of getting to the bottom of this ambiguity but have not found any details there as to the format of these two forthcoming releases. Perhaps, one of the Italian members of the forum could contact them directly for an answer.

In the absence of any final artwork, it looks as though we're going to have to wait and see. Won't be too long as both are scheduled for release this month. In any event, I'm not going to jump ship prematurely and cancel on the basis of something uttered by an Amazon Customer Service Representative.

Reactions: Taylor
I received my copy of "The Wolf of Wall Street" from amazon.it yesterday and, like "Rush", it is definitely a Steelbook. So, if this release of "Pompeii" goes ahead, I think we can be fairly certain that it will also be a Steelbook and not a FuturePak.

It will, however, undoubtedly have a printed back as both of the other titles do. I know that bothers some here but it doesn't bother me, especially as the Italian release is the only Steelbook release worldwide, to be announced to date. The French Steelbook release having been cancelled and replaced with a DigiPak.

One potential caveat, however, is that 01 Distribution were also scheduled to release a Steelbook of "The Legend of Hercules". That release never materialized. Hopefully, that won't happen with "Pompeii", especially as its release date is only 10 days away.

Reactions: leobzrra