New Comic Book Day (NCBD) & Latest Pick Up Haul!

I picked up some new goodies while at Fan Expo Vancouver a couple weeks ago. :thumbs:

First up, I bought the We Stand on Guard HC from artist Steve Skroce who signed it for me. WSOG it's a great series that involves a war between U.S. and Canada, written by Brian K. Vaughan (Saga, Y: The Last Man). While at Steve's booth, I also bought the TPB of Doc Frankenstein (a mini-series written by the Wachowski Siblings). I already own the single issues, but I've been wanting to get the trade for quite some time.

After that, I stopped by writer Kurtis Wiebe's booth (any relation, @kaw? :p) to pick up the limited Rat Queens Vol. 1 HC. I had a great chat with Kurtis -- such a cool, down-to-earth dude. He even personalized my copy of the HC ("F*CKBUCKETS!").

Lastly, I hit up at artist Ryan Ottley's booth. I've been waiting YEARS to meet Ryan! He's the ongoing artist on Image/Skybound's Invincible that's written by Robert Kirkman. First up, I bought Ryan's 'They Bite' sketchbook which includes a bunch of his creature designs. He signed the inside of the book for me.

After that, I commissioned him to sketch me a picture of Kirkman in Invincible's costume. Unsurprisingly, he NAILED it!

Lastly, something very special to me. Most of the story is underneath my photo below, but basically, Ryan signed my copy of Invincible #17 that Kirkman signed for me a few years ago at New York Comic-Con -- the same trip in which I proposed to my wife. I'm sooooo thrilled to finally have both of their signatures on the cover! :woot:

Hardcover from Vertigo/DC. I was looking forever for them :drool:

111.jpg

444.jpg

AMAZING haul @C.C. 95 :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Never heard of the Dracula adaption by Mignola. Need to see if there's a HC :watch::watch::watch:

My latest books. Mind MGMT Vol 2 is sitting at my neighbors home waiting that they come back so I can pick it up.
Zombie Christmas Carol & 1 Month 2 Live are gifts from the shop...

FullSizrreRender.jpg

I've ordered also the regular cover of #6 since it's also done by Jock. But didn't arrived yet..
FullSiwwzeRender.jpg