Powerhouse Films presents Indicator - A new British Blu-ray/DVD label

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
INDICATOR is a new British Blu-ray and DVD label owned and operated by Powerhouse Films Ltd, London, England. Founded by industry veterans with a passion for physical media, INDICATOR will initially publish an extensive range of classic films in expertly encoded Limited Dual Format Editions (UK premiere Blu-ray editions including a DVD and booklet).

Mastered from the finest available materials, INDICATOR releases will also contain lovingly produced and assembled extra features and include new and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Dual Format Editions will contain exclusive, limited edition booklets featuring newly commissioned essays and contemporary interviews, articles or reviews.

List of Indicator editions:

001 - CHRISTINE (John Carpenter, 1983) - Released October 24, 2016
002 - BODY DOUBLE (Brian De Palma, 1984) - Released October 24, 2016
003 - GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER (Stanley Kramer, 1967) - Release November 28, 2016
004 - TO SIR, WITH LOVE (James Clavell, 1967) - Released November 28, 2016
005 - 10 RILLINGTON PLACE (Richard Fleischer, 1971) - Released November 28, 2016
006 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME (J. Lee Thompson, 1981) - Released December 12, 2016
007 - THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI (Orson Welles, 1947) - Released April 24, 2017
008 - BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING (Otto Preminger, 1965) - Released February 20, 2017
009 - FAT CITY (John Huston, 1972) - Released March 20, 2017
010 - THE LAST DETAIL (Hal Ashby, 1973) - Released February 20, 2016
011 - EXPERIMENT IN TERROR (Blake Edwards, 1962) - Released April 24, 2017
012 - THE ANDERSON TAPES (Sidney Lumet, 1971) - Released February 20, 2016
013 - THE NEW CENTURIONS - (Richard Fleischer, 1972) - Released January 23, 2017
014 - HARDCORE (Paul Schrader, 1979) - Release April 24, 2017
015 - THE 5,000 FINGERS OF DR. T (Roy Rowland, 1953) - Release July 24, 2017
016 - THE BIG HEAT (Fritz Lang, 1953) - Released March 20, 2017
017 - THE WILD ONE (László Benedek, 1953) - Release May 22, 2017
018 - TBA
019 - VAMPIRES - (John Carpenter, 2001)
- Released January 23, 2017
020 - GHOSTS OF MARS - (John Carpenter, 2001) - Released January 23, 2017
021 - TBA
022 - TBA
023 - TBA
024 - THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
- Release June 26, 2016
025 - THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973) - Release June 26, 2016
026 - SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977) - Release June 26, 2016
027 - THE FRONT (Martin Ritt, 1976) - Release March 20, 2017
028 - TBA
029 - HOUSEKEEPING (Bill Forsyth, 1987)
- Release May 22, 2017
030 - MICKEY ONE (Arthur Penn, 1965) - Release July 24, 2017
031 - CASTLE KEEP (Sydney Pollack, 1968) - Release July 24, 2017
032 - TBA
033 - THE STONE KILLER (Michael Winner, 1973)
- Release May 22, 2017

Official Website & Store: http://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/

Last edited:
Brilliant new label
I pre ordered day one as soon as they went live to pre order 10 Rillington Place/Christine/Body Double
I got delivery last week Christine/Body Double
I will be pre ordering Experiment in Terror and The Anderson Tapes.

I will also be getting some of the others that are released in Nov/Dec

They are limited to 5,000 each and include Blu-ray/DVD/Booklet
These titles will then later get a standard release Blu-ray only (No DVD or Booklet)

Congrats! Yeah I have add all these informations below to each release and in the thread :thumbs:
Not all are limited to 5000, some are also 3000 units.

Reactions: paulboland
Just placed an order for the first two releases this morning. Not sure if I'll be commiting to every release but the lineup is definitely pretty enticing. Big Carpenter fan but I haven't seen Christine in years so looking forward to checking it out again. :D

Also these are CLEAR Blu cases right? So glad more companies are going this route!

Reactions: dan8885
Just placed an order for the first two releases this morning. Not sure if I'll be commiting to every release but the lineup is definitely pretty enticing. Big Carpenter fan but I haven't seen Christine in years so looking forward to checking it out again. :D

Also these are CLEAR Blu cases right? So glad more companies are going this route!

Yes. Clear Keep Cases. Skip to mark 09:04 min to get a glimpse on Keep Case, Discs and Booklet (not my video):

Reactions: Last Lizard
I've passed on both of these Dracula mediabooks since the quality was terrible. Way too expensive for this kind of treatment. Sadly.

The Dracula AD 1972 is a proper restored blu-ray pressing. It's not an old master. Anyway getting off topic. I think even with 5000 copies each of these titles they won't sell out quickly as a lot of people will have purchased the twilight times copies.

The Dracula AD 1972 is a proper restored blu-ray pressing. It's not an old master. Anyway getting off topic. I think even with 5000 copies each of these titles they won't sell out quickly as a lot of people will have purchased the twilight times copies.

The Blu-ray may be properly done but the Mediabook itself was very poor quality and artwork choices. I'll gladly pick up the Blu-ray as a Keep Case but I don't spend the Mediaobok money on this.

I also don't think they will sell out fast with a print run of 3-5k but I can see a high demand for the series. They raised quite a hype with their announcement and the first two releases getting a lot of love.
Plus the very affordable price when you compare to import Twilight Time. It's a great addition to the market. I wish them to sell out though!

But they wont because a hell of lot of people will have purchased the USA ones. Which I'm glad off as I can take my time picking them up. And being too near Christmas I don't have a lot of spare cash....

But they wont because a hell of lot of people will have purchased the USA ones. Which I'm glad off as I can take my time picking them up. And being too near Christmas I don't have a lot of spare cash....

Not in weeks, I mean with time. They'll not sell 5000 copies till December. But I hope with time they'll sell out. Good work should be rewarded!
At least you could always cop the single edition and will never have a incomplete set.

I will bet you that at Christmas I can pick up Christine or Body Double no problems. They have to be long term investments for this new company. If they are thinking short term, they are going to be disappointed. Steady sales is what they get and I have marked 8 forthcoming I want and if they do the Hammer's properly day one buys.

• Thanks
If you like hammer films get ready for some interesting news and releases
Powerhouse films gave this reply to a member on BD forum the question was about hammer films

This is the reply
14 Hammer Films from the Sony Pictures stable. We are huge fans of Hammer, so can't wait to get working on them. Probably be mid 2017. Watch this space"

Note these will be only hammer films from the Sony catalogue

• Thanks
If you like hammer films get ready for some interesting news and releases
Powerhouse films gave this reply to a member on BD forum the question was about hammer films

This is the reply
14 Hammer Films from the Sony Pictures stable. We are huge fans of Hammer, so can't wait to get working on them. Probably be mid 2017. Watch this space"

Note these will be only hammer films from the Sony catalogue

We already discussed this on the previous page of this thread mate :thumbs: There's also a list of movies which are possible

We already discussed this on the previous page of this thread mate :thumbs: There's also a list of movies which are possible
I did see those posts :rofl:

My post is to let you know Powerhouse films will be releasing 14 hammer films on Blu-ray

I have in my personal collection all hammer films on video as in everything

I did see those posts :rofl:

My post is to let you know Powerhouse films will be releasing 14 hammer films on Blu-ray

I have in my personal collection all hammer films on video as in everything

Aw okay, I already read that post and thought lollard have quoted it on the previous page too. Great news of course. I love everything Hammer!

I love everything Hammer!

So do i when the companies can be bothered to do a proper release. So far pretty much 80% of the Hammer blu-ray releases have had major problems. I've had to resort to buying the German releases because of the UK Problems.

• Thanks
...pay attention to the title too!:LOL:
IMG_6032.JPG

• Thanks
013 - THE NEW CENTURIONS - (Richard Fleischer, 1972)

Release date:
January 23, 2017
Purchase link: Powerhouse / Amazon
Price: 15,99 GBP (Powerhouse) / 12,99 GBP (Amazon)
Notes: Limited Dual Format Edition of 3,000 copies, Limited edition exclusive booklet, reversible Cover, UK Blu-ray premiere

013_CENTURIONS_BD_2D_packshot_72dpi_1000px_transp.png

Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere)

Richard Fleischer's gritty and fateful portrait of LA cops adapted from Joseph Wambaugh's autobiographical bestseller, is anchored by superb performances from George C. Scott as a world-weary older cop who quietly fears becoming obsolete, and Stacy Keach as the young rookie he takes under his wing.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Cop Stories: The Making of Richard Fleishcher's 'The New Centurions' (2015, 44 mins) featuring interviews with actor Stacy Keach, writer Joseph Wambaugh, technical advisor Richard E. Kalk and assistant cameraman Ronald Vidor.
• Original theatrical trailer
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Nick Pinkerton
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 3,000 copies/UK Blu-ray premiere
• More extras TBC

019 - VAMPIRES - (John Carpenter, 2001)

Release date:
January 23, 2017
Notes: Limited Dual Format Edition of 5,000 copies, Limited edition exclusive booklet, reversible Cover, UK Blu-ray premiere

21.png

Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere)

John Carpenter blends horror and sci-fi in this action adventure set on Mars in the year 2176 as Martian police battle supernatural forces unleashed by a deep mining facility.

• Original stereo audio/Alternative 5.1 surround sound track
• Audio commentary by director John Carpenter and actor Natasha Henstridge
• Scoring 'Ghosts of Mars' (2001, 6 mins): behind the scenes at the recording sessions with John Carpenter and bands Anthrax and Buckethead as they record the score for Ghosts of Mars
• Special Effects Deconstruction (2001, 7 mins)
• Video Diary: Red Desert Nights - Making 'Ghosts of Mars' (2001, 17 mins)
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 5,000 copies/UK Blu-ray premiere
• More extras TBC

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: cooey
020 - GHOSTS OF MARS - (John Carpenter, 2001)
Release date:
January 23, 2017
Notes: Limited Dual Format Edition of 5,000 copies, Limited edition exclusive booklet, reversible Cover, UK Blu-ray premiere

020_GHOSTS_OF_MARS_BD_2D_packshot_72dpi_1000px_transp.png

John Carpenter blends horror and sci-fi in this action adventure set on Mars in the year 2176 as Martian police battle supernatural forces unleashed by a deep mining facility.

• Original stereo audio/Alternative 5.1 surround sound track
• Audio commentary by director John Carpenter and actor Natasha Henstridge
• Scoring 'Ghosts of Mars' (2001, 6 mins): behind the scenes at the recording sessions with John Carpenter and bands Anthrax and Buckethead as they record the score for Ghosts of Mars
• Special Effects Deconstruction (2001, 7 mins)
• Video Diary: Red Desert Nights - Making 'Ghosts of Mars' (2001, 17 mins)
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 5,000 copies/UK Blu-ray premiere
• More extras TBC

Last edited:
Their lineup is almost the same as Twilight Time. The Lady from Shanghai is a gem, I think it's underrated Welles masterpiece.
Yeah, what's up with 3/4ths of their releases being identical to recent Twilight Time releases?
Are they the UK arm of Twilight Time?
Yeah, Lady from Shanghai is great. Isn't it amazing that with Magnificent Ambersons, Touch of Evil AND Lady From Shanghai - the studio messed up his cuts, and yet they are still amazing works even in their butchered state?!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
It's about time that someone get those licenses for the remaster and release them over here. Much cheaper for me and I like the design from Indicator a lot more. Can't stand those ugly Twilight Time spines. I'll try to get all Indicator releases. I'm excited for all announced movies till now and I really want to support them.

What I read is that they also own rights to Ray Harryhausen movies. I'm so looking forward to getting these. I love all of his work!

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja