Powerhouse Films presents Indicator - A new British Blu-ray/DVD label

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
INDICATOR is a new British Blu-ray and DVD label owned and operated by Powerhouse Films Ltd, London, England. Founded by industry veterans with a passion for physical media, INDICATOR will initially publish an extensive range of classic films in expertly encoded Limited Dual Format Editions (UK premiere Blu-ray editions including a DVD and booklet).

Mastered from the finest available materials, INDICATOR releases will also contain lovingly produced and assembled extra features and include new and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Dual Format Editions will contain exclusive, limited edition booklets featuring newly commissioned essays and contemporary interviews, articles or reviews.

List of Indicator editions:

001 - CHRISTINE (John Carpenter, 1983) - Released October 24, 2016
002 - BODY DOUBLE (Brian De Palma, 1984) - Released October 24, 2016
003 - GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER (Stanley Kramer, 1967) - Release November 28, 2016
004 - TO SIR, WITH LOVE (James Clavell, 1967) - Released November 28, 2016
005 - 10 RILLINGTON PLACE (Richard Fleischer, 1971) - Released November 28, 2016
006 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME (J. Lee Thompson, 1981) - Released December 12, 2016
007 - THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI (Orson Welles, 1947) - Released April 24, 2017
008 - BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING (Otto Preminger, 1965) - Released February 20, 2017
009 - FAT CITY (John Huston, 1972) - Released March 20, 2017
010 - THE LAST DETAIL (Hal Ashby, 1973) - Released February 20, 2016
011 - EXPERIMENT IN TERROR (Blake Edwards, 1962) - Released April 24, 2017
012 - THE ANDERSON TAPES (Sidney Lumet, 1971) - Released February 20, 2016
013 - THE NEW CENTURIONS - (Richard Fleischer, 1972) - Released January 23, 2017
014 - HARDCORE (Paul Schrader, 1979) - Release April 24, 2017
015 - THE 5,000 FINGERS OF DR. T (Roy Rowland, 1953) - Release July 24, 2017
016 - THE BIG HEAT (Fritz Lang, 1953) - Released March 20, 2017
017 - THE WILD ONE (László Benedek, 1953) - Release May 22, 2017
018 - TBA
019 - VAMPIRES - (John Carpenter, 2001)
- Released January 23, 2017
020 - GHOSTS OF MARS - (John Carpenter, 2001) - Released January 23, 2017
021 - TBA
022 - TBA
023 - TBA
024 - THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
- Release June 26, 2016
025 - THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973) - Release June 26, 2016
026 - SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977) - Release June 26, 2016
027 - THE FRONT (Martin Ritt, 1976) - Release March 20, 2017
028 - TBA
029 - HOUSEKEEPING (Bill Forsyth, 1987)
- Release May 22, 2017
030 - MICKEY ONE (Arthur Penn, 1965) - Release July 24, 2017
031 - CASTLE KEEP (Sydney Pollack, 1968) - Release July 24, 2017
032 - TBA
033 - THE STONE KILLER (Michael Winner, 1973)
- Release May 22, 2017

Official Website & Store: http://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/

Last edited:
My prize from Powerhouse that I won through the HDN giveaway arrived this morning. Thank you so much! :D

And of course a special shout-out to @bigrob for running the comp. :notworthy:

Congrats mate! Such a beautiful release. I purchased this and Body Double in the HMV 2 for 25 GBP offer and they are waiting in UK for a shipping next week :D Can't wait!

The next three releases are in the pipeline. On November 28th "Guess Whos Coming to Dinner", "To Sir, With Love" and "10 Rillington Place" will be released.

Here are the specs:

"Guess Whos Coming to Dinner"
guess.jpg

"To Sir, With Love"
to sir.jpg

"10 Rillington Place"

rillington.jpg

10 Rillington Place will also be the first with a different artwork on the reversible sleeve
rillington1.jpg

And Vampires received a cover update with a different font:

21.png

Reactions: Noodles
Congrats mate! Such a beautiful release. I purchased this and Body Double in the HMV 2 for 25 GBP offer and they are waiting in UK for a shipping next week :D Can't wait!

The next three releases are in the pipeline. On November 28th "Guess Whos Coming to Dinner", "To Sir, With Love" and "10 Rillington Place" will be released.

Here are the specs:

"Guess Whos Coming to Dinner"
View attachment 278255

"To Sir, With Love"
View attachment 278253

"10 Rillington Place"
View attachment 278254

10 Rillington Place will also be the first with a different artwork on the reversible sleeve
View attachment 278252

And Vampires received a cover update with a different font:

View attachment 278256
Thanks Dan! I've never actually seen Christine, but I've heard great things, so I'm looking forward to finally checking it out. :)

I also ordered both Christine and Body Double through HMV not too long ago (I think it was you that made me aware of the deal), but I had to cancel them unfortunately due to needing the money, then not too long after that HDN hosted the giveaway, so I thought I'd try my luck with that and luckily I won! :D

I'll definitely pick up Body Double at some point, and I'm also interested in checking out some of their upcoming releases too, so I've asked Santa for them. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Just a heads up, three new titles are released by Indicator just yesterday!

81ydejk6uzl-_sl1500_-jpg.274243

Video: "Overall, this is a cracking transfer."
Audio: "The feature is very much a dialogue driven affair, with only the occasional background environmental sound effect. Dialogue is crystal clear throughout, and is well-balanced."
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner - DVDCompare
Purchase Links & Description HERE

81yojfe9pcl-_sx522_-jpg.274244

Video: "The encode is excellent with no instances of compression problems, with compressionist David Mackenzie once again living up to his extremely high reputation. "
Audio: "This is a dialogue driven film for the most part. There are no causes for complaint with this track. I noticed no signs of scratches, drop outs, pops, or background hiss."
To Sir, With Love - DVDCompare

91fdrxzvq3l-_sl1500_-jpg.274245

Video: "This is an all-round excellent transfer, and I'd be extremely surprised if it could be bettered on the format."
Audio: "This is a reference quality original mono track."
10 Rillington Place - DVDCompare

February releases are also live to pre-order at Amazon

The Anderson Tapes https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MQTSI74/?tag=hidefnin-21
Bunny Lake Is Missing https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N0OKEOB/?tag=hidefnin-21

And HERE's an interview with Powerhouse Films founder and director John Morrissey
"All I can say is that we've over 80 films lined up, and that fans of Ray Harryhausen and Hammer will have a great deal to look forward to..."

"There's not one particular title that I'm more passionate about than any of the others, but we are looking forward to working on the Ray Harryhausen package, along with the Harryhausen Trust. We have five of his remarkable films; I think we are going to have something really special to show his fans. We also have a great raft of Hammer Films, some extremely rare."

I'm SUPER excited for both Harryhausen and Hammer. Two filmographies I always desperate looking for :drool:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
Indicator confirmed that March 2017 will be a "Harryhausen" month with a triple set and two separate releases.

Final specs for the three January releases:

Vampires:
specs vampires.jpg

Ghosts of Mars:
specs ghoost of mars.jpg

The New Centurions:
specs centurions.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
Vampires and Ghosts of Mars just appeared up for pre-order on HMV at £14.99 each. I'm hoping they will go into the 2 for £25 when they're released.

Really liking this label, already picked up Body Double, Christine and Happy Birthday to Me

Vampires and Ghosts of Mars just appeared up for pre-order on HMV at £14.99 each. I'm hoping they will go into the 2 for £25 when they're released.

Really liking this label, already picked up Body Double, Christine and Happy Birthday to Me

I watched Christine, Body Double and 10 Rillington Place in the last days and all look amazing. Really great editions!

I don't understand Amazon. All previous releases where 12,99 at some point. But all Januar releases (Vampires, Ghost of Mars and The New Centurions) are still 22,56 GBP.
And for Febraury only "The Last Detail" is at 12,99. The other ones (Bunny Lake is missing & The Anderson Tape) are also still 22,56 GBP. And at Indicator's own shop they're all 15,99 GBP.

If that don't change I may need to ask for your help again :shy:

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja and cooey
001 - Christine, 002 - Body Double and 005 - 10 Rillington Place are nearly sold out.
Great achievement for Indicator! Notable to mention that these three are limited to 5000, 003 and 004 are just 3000.
At the beginning it was said that Standard single format editions will follow up once the Dual Format Edition is sold out. Without booklets. Don't know how they'll will follow up with this.

r.jpg

Ohne Titel.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: SeppeDR and Noodles
001 - Christine, 002 - Body Double and 005 - 10 Rillington Place are nearly sold out.
Great achievement for Indicator! Notable to mention that these three are limited to 5000, 003 and 004 are just 3000.
At the beginning it was said that Standard single format editions will follow up once the Dual Format Edition is sold out. Without booklets. Don't know how they'll will follow up with this.

View attachment 284249
View attachment 284248
Suppose I better get a move on and get these ordered then!

Thanks for the heads up mate. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Yup great new label we have going here. Watched Christine and Body Double last week. I hadn't seen Christine in many years, was surprised how much fun I had with it even if it toe's the line just a bit when it comes to King's style. Would have been wild for them to have given Carpenter more free reign, but no matter it was a really fun ride and that scene with Christine on fire was superb. Just imagine them doing that with CG these days. :yuck:

I love that they went all in with two less revered Carpenter titles too in Vampires and Ghosts of Mars. They may not be his best but even low tier Carpenter is way more watchable than a whole bunch of other guys at the top of their game. :cool:

03, 04 and 05 are on my list to pick up at the end of the month. Have never seen 10 Rillington Place before. At this rate I'll end up buying them all! :rofl:

• Thanks
This is stupid:
The Guardian interview with John Carpenter PART 1 is a supplement on VAMPIRES.
The Guardian interview with John Carpenter PART 2 is a supplement on GHOSTS OF MARS.
????
VAMPIRES is a great film (will buy), GOM is crap (will not buy). So I will only get 1/2 of an interview?!!
Stupid.

Last edited:
  • Thanks