Powerhouse Films presents Indicator - A new British Blu-ray/DVD label

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
INDICATOR is a new British Blu-ray and DVD label owned and operated by Powerhouse Films Ltd, London, England. Founded by industry veterans with a passion for physical media, INDICATOR will initially publish an extensive range of classic films in expertly encoded Limited Dual Format Editions (UK premiere Blu-ray editions including a DVD and booklet).

Mastered from the finest available materials, INDICATOR releases will also contain lovingly produced and assembled extra features and include new and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Dual Format Editions will contain exclusive, limited edition booklets featuring newly commissioned essays and contemporary interviews, articles or reviews.

List of Indicator editions:

001 - CHRISTINE (John Carpenter, 1983) - Released October 24, 2016
002 - BODY DOUBLE (Brian De Palma, 1984) - Released October 24, 2016
003 - GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER (Stanley Kramer, 1967) - Release November 28, 2016
004 - TO SIR, WITH LOVE (James Clavell, 1967) - Released November 28, 2016
005 - 10 RILLINGTON PLACE (Richard Fleischer, 1971) - Released November 28, 2016
006 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME (J. Lee Thompson, 1981) - Released December 12, 2016
007 - THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI (Orson Welles, 1947) - Released April 24, 2017
008 - BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING (Otto Preminger, 1965) - Released February 20, 2017
009 - FAT CITY (John Huston, 1972) - Released March 20, 2017
010 - THE LAST DETAIL (Hal Ashby, 1973) - Released February 20, 2016
011 - EXPERIMENT IN TERROR (Blake Edwards, 1962) - Released April 24, 2017
012 - THE ANDERSON TAPES (Sidney Lumet, 1971) - Released February 20, 2016
013 - THE NEW CENTURIONS - (Richard Fleischer, 1972) - Released January 23, 2017
014 - HARDCORE (Paul Schrader, 1979) - Release April 24, 2017
015 - THE 5,000 FINGERS OF DR. T (Roy Rowland, 1953) - Release July 24, 2017
016 - THE BIG HEAT (Fritz Lang, 1953) - Released March 20, 2017
017 - THE WILD ONE (László Benedek, 1953) - Release May 22, 2017
018 - TBA
019 - VAMPIRES - (John Carpenter, 2001)
- Released January 23, 2017
020 - GHOSTS OF MARS - (John Carpenter, 2001) - Released January 23, 2017
021 - TBA
022 - TBA
023 - TBA
024 - THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
- Release June 26, 2016
025 - THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973) - Release June 26, 2016
026 - SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977) - Release June 26, 2016
027 - THE FRONT (Martin Ritt, 1976) - Release March 20, 2017
028 - TBA
029 - HOUSEKEEPING (Bill Forsyth, 1987)
- Release May 22, 2017
030 - MICKEY ONE (Arthur Penn, 1965) - Release July 24, 2017
031 - CASTLE KEEP (Sydney Pollack, 1968) - Release July 24, 2017
032 - TBA
033 - THE STONE KILLER (Michael Winner, 1973)
- Release May 22, 2017

Official Website & Store: http://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/

Last edited:
The movie market in the UK was SO strong in 2016. So much amazing releases from all the great labels like Indicator, Criterion UK, MoC, Arrow, BFI and more. Probably the best year ever!
It's amazing but also no way to keep up with all the releases. My "Saved for later" list on Amazon UK is 89 items strong :wacky:
Sorry bud... somehow missed your post until now. I can only agree with everything you said though... 2016 was definitely a great year for fantastic releases! I'm also still currently working my way through a long list of them. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
May titles announced!

017 - THE WILD ONE (László Benedek, 1953)

Release date: May 22, 2017
Purchase link: Powerhouse
Price: 15,99 GBP
Notes: Limited Dual Format Edition of 3,000 copies, Limited edition exclusive booklet, reversible Cover, UK Blu-ray premiere

017_THE_WILD_ONE_BD_2D_packshot_72dpi_1000px_transp.png

(László Benedek, 1953)
Release date: 22 May 2017
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere)

Marlon Brando in his breakthrough - and most iconic - role as Johnny Strabler, ruthless leader of the Black Rebels motorcycle gang who terrorise a small town. Based on real-life events, the film was considered so shocking and inciteful of delinquent behaviour at the time, it was banned in the UK until 1968.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• Audio commentary by author and film historian Jeanine Basinger
The Wild One and the BBFC (2017, tbc mins): ex-BBFC examiner Robert Falcon discusses the films' history with the British censor.
• Introduction to the film by Karen Kramer (2007, 1 min)
Hollister, California: Bikers. Booze and the Big Picture (2007, 28 mins) A look back at the real-life events that inspired the film.
Brando: An Icon is Born (2007, 19 mins) A documentary exploring the life and career of the legendary actor.
Stanley Kramer: A Man’s Search for Truth (2007, 17 mins): a look at Kramer’s vision.
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Kat Ellinger
• UK Blu-ray premiere
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 3,000 copies
• More TBC

#PHIDFE017
BBFC cert: PG
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899069981

029 - HOUSEKEEPING (Bill Forsyth, 1987)

Notes: Limited Dual Format Edition of 5,000 copies, Limited edition exclusive booklet, reversible Cover, World premiere on Blu-ray

029_HOUSEKEEPING_BD_2D_packshot_72dpi_1000px_transp.png

(Bill Forsyth, 1987)
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray and DVD premiere)

Director Bill Forsyth (That Sinking Feeling, Gregory’s Girl, Local Hero, Comfort and Joy) made his American film debut with this moving and offbeat adaptation of Marilynne Robinson’s acclaimed novel, about two young girls who are sent to live with their eccentric aunt (Christine Lahti) after the suicide of their mother.

• Original stereo audio
• New interview with director Bill Forsyth (2017, tbc mins)
• New interview with editor Michael Ellis (2017, tbc mins)
• New interview with author Marilynne Robinson (2017, tbc mins)
• Image gallery
• Limited edition exclusive booklet
• World premiere on Blu-ray
• UK DVD premiere
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 5,000 copies
• More TBC

#PHIDFE029
BBFC cert: PG
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899071090

033 - THE STONE KILLER (Michael Winner, 1973)

Notes: Limited Dual Format Edition of 5,000 copies, Limited edition exclusive booklet, reversible Cover, UK Blu-ray premiere

033_THE_STONE_KILLER_BD_2D_packshot_72dpi_1000px_transp.png

(Michael Winner, 1973)
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray and DVD premiere)

This bloody crime thriller unites again Death Wish regular collaborators Charles Bronson and director Michael Winner. Bronson stars as a ex-New York City cop who is banished to the L.A. Police Department where he begins investigating a mysterious chain of events involving ex-soldiers, the Mafia and a violent campaign of murder.

• Original mono audio
• Audio commentary
• Rare archival materials from the personal collection of director Michael Winner
• Image gallery
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by John Talbot, author of Bronson's Loose! The Making of the ‘Death Wish’ Films and Bronson's Loose Again! On the Set with Charles Bronson
• UK Blu-ray premiere
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 5,000 copies
• More TBC

#PHIDFE033
BBFC cert: 15
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899071076

C9JhiU-XUAAv9ND.jpg

Release date: June 26, 2017
Purchase link: Powerhouse / Amazon UK
Price: £40.99 / £59.99
Notes: Limited edition box set of 6000, Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits

THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973)
SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977)
Release date: 26 June 2017

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning restorations on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including exclusive interviews with actors Caroline Munro, Jane Seymour and Tom Baker, and rare recordings of Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer in conversation – this stunning Limited Dual Format Edition from Indicator is strictly limited to 6,000 units.

• Restored from the original negatives
• Mono and 5.1 surround sound audio options
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad audio commentary with Ray Harryhausen
• Previously unreleased audio interviews with Ray Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer
• New interviews with actors Tom Baker, Caroline Munro and Jane Seymour
• New interview with SFX maestro Phil Tippett
• Original Super 8 cut-down versions
• Archival documentaries, interviews and featurettes
• Original trailers and promotional films
• Isolated scores by Bernard Herrmann, Miklós Rózsa and Roy Budd
• Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits
• Limited edition box set of 6,000
...AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

#PHIDFE024
BBFC cert: U
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899069912

@PunkNinja @Noodles @Sigill @cooey @Last Lizard @Lollard2002 @C.C. 95

View attachment 305644

Release date: June 26, 2017
Purchase link: Powerhouse / Amazon UK
Price: £40.99 / £59.99
Notes: Limited edition box set of 6000, Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits

THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973)
SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977)
Release date: 26 June 2017

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning restorations on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including exclusive interviews with actors Caroline Munro, Jane Seymour and Tom Baker, and rare recordings of Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer in conversation – this stunning Limited Dual Format Edition from Indicator is strictly limited to 6,000 units.

• Restored from the original negatives
• Mono and 5.1 surround sound audio options
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad audio commentary with Ray Harryhausen
• Previously unreleased audio interviews with Ray Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer
• New interviews with actors Tom Baker, Caroline Munro and Jane Seymour
• New interview with SFX maestro Phil Tippett
• Original Super 8 cut-down versions
• Archival documentaries, interviews and featurettes
• Original trailers and promotional films
• Isolated scores by Bernard Herrmann, Miklós Rózsa and Roy Budd
• Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits
• Limited edition box set of 6,000
...AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

#PHIDFE024
BBFC cert: U
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899069912

@PunkNinja @Noodles @Sigill @cooey @Last Lizard @Lollard2002 @C.C. 95
Thanks Dan! :)

Nice looking set, but I know nothing of these films... are they worth checking out? And more importantly, are they worth that price?

• Thanks
Thanks Dan! :)

Nice looking set, but I know nothing of these films... are they worth checking out? And more importantly, are they worth that price?

Ray Harryhausen is the father of all Monsters, the father of Stop-Motion. Peter Jackson once said there would be no Lord of the Rings from him without Ray Harryhausen.
There are so many great directors like Spielberg, Burton or George Lucas who once said they got first inspired to start directing by the work of Harryhausen.
So yes, it's worth checking out. If you need to buy the boxset if you're not a fan of these kind of movies, I don't know. I love the movies. They give me a cozy feeling when I watch them.
But I'm a big fan of Harryhausen, stop-motion and monsters in general. So it fits me :D

Ray Harryhausen is the father of all Monsters, the father of Stop-Motion. Peter Jackson once said there would be no Lord of the Rings from him without Ray Harryhausen.
There are so many great directors like Spielberg, Burton or George Lucas who once said they got first inspired to start directing by the work of Harryhausen.
So yes, it's worth checking out. If you need to buy the boxset if you're not a fan of these kind of movies, I don't know. I love the movies. They give me a cozy feeling when I watch them.
But I'm a big fan of Harryhausen, stop-motion and monsters in general. So it fits me :D
Well said @dan8885. Adding to that Tom Hanks once said "Some people say Casablanca or Citizen Kane. I say Jason and the Argonauts is the greatest film ever made". :thumbs:

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885
Hmm well I can't say any of that puts me off wanting to check them out, so I'll definitely give them a go and then decide whether I want to spend that much cash or not. Thanks again dude! :thumbs:

I'm almost sold just from watching that trailer... love me some stop-motion! :D

Dude....(!)o_O
Yes. (Netflix one, if you are unsure. But this is Harryhausen heaven!)
None of these films are on Netflix UK unfortunately, unless Sinbad of the Seven Seas starring Lou Ferrigno is one of them...? :LOL:

• Thanks
Hmm well I can't say any of that puts me off wanting to check them out, so I'll definitely give them a go and then decide whether I want to spend that much cash or not. Thanks again dude! :thumbs:

I'm almost sold just from watching that trailer... love me some stop-motion! :D

None of these films are on Netflix UK unfortunately, unless Sinbad of the Seven Seas starring Lou Ferrigno is one of them...? :LOL:

Keep in mind that all individual releases by Indicator are always 14,99 GBP since they don't appear in HMVs 2 for 25 anymore. And here you get three individual releases with a 80-page book(let) in a beautiful Slipbox for 41 GBP. And compared to Criterion they're already low priced for a new release with the same quality standard as a Criterion release. It's hard to keep up with all releases but the price is fair in my opinion..

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I agree they are fair prices for a high quality product. At £14.99 you can't complain for what you are getting. We are not talking Mill Creek here and bunging out any old rubbish........

• Thanks
Keep in mind that all individual releases by Indicator are always 14,99 GBP since they don't appear in HMVs 2 for 25 anymore. And here you get three individual releases with a 80-page book(let) in a beautiful Slipbox for 41 GBP. And compared to Criterion they're already low priced for a new release with the same quality standard as a Criterion release. It's hard to keep up with all releases but the price is fair in my opinion..
There's no denying it's not a great price, it's just that I'm pretty broke right now, so have to be very selective with what I buy... I'm even having to miss out on stuff that I really want. I already have a long list of Indicator titles I still want to pick up, but I'm thinking this one may take priority over those since it is such a nice set for a very decent price, and I genuinely want to check the films out after seeing the trailers and hearing you all praise them so highly. Thankfully there's still a couple of months until release, so I may just pre-order now and worry about whether I can afford it later -- speaking of which... do Powerhouse take payment straight away?

• Thanks
There's no denying it's not a great price, it's just that I'm pretty broke right now, so have to be very selective with what I buy... I'm even having to miss out on stuff that I really want. I already have a long list of Indicator titles I still want to pick up, but I'm thinking this one may take priority over those since it is such a nice set for a very decent price, and I genuinely want to check the films out after seeing the trailers and hearing you all praise them so highly. Thankfully there's still a couple of months until release, so I may just pre-order now and worry about whether I can afford it later -- speaking of which... do Powerhouse take payment straight away?

I've never ordered direct with Powerhouse before so I'm not sure. Shipping is more expensive for me than with Amazon. And yes, my list of Indicator titles I still need to get is also very long :dead: But I saved some cash for a possible MoC easter sale, if that will not happen or if I can't find anything I'll maybe order 2-3 Indicator instead :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles