Powerhouse Films presents Indicator - A new British Blu-ray/DVD label

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
INDICATOR is a new British Blu-ray and DVD label owned and operated by Powerhouse Films Ltd, London, England. Founded by industry veterans with a passion for physical media, INDICATOR will initially publish an extensive range of classic films in expertly encoded Limited Dual Format Editions (UK premiere Blu-ray editions including a DVD and booklet).

Mastered from the finest available materials, INDICATOR releases will also contain lovingly produced and assembled extra features and include new and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Dual Format Editions will contain exclusive, limited edition booklets featuring newly commissioned essays and contemporary interviews, articles or reviews.

List of Indicator editions:

001 - CHRISTINE (John Carpenter, 1983) - Released October 24, 2016
002 - BODY DOUBLE (Brian De Palma, 1984) - Released October 24, 2016
003 - GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER (Stanley Kramer, 1967) - Release November 28, 2016
004 - TO SIR, WITH LOVE (James Clavell, 1967) - Released November 28, 2016
005 - 10 RILLINGTON PLACE (Richard Fleischer, 1971) - Released November 28, 2016
006 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME (J. Lee Thompson, 1981) - Released December 12, 2016
007 - THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI (Orson Welles, 1947) - Released April 24, 2017
008 - BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING (Otto Preminger, 1965) - Released February 20, 2017
009 - FAT CITY (John Huston, 1972) - Released March 20, 2017
010 - THE LAST DETAIL (Hal Ashby, 1973) - Released February 20, 2016
011 - EXPERIMENT IN TERROR (Blake Edwards, 1962) - Released April 24, 2017
012 - THE ANDERSON TAPES (Sidney Lumet, 1971) - Released February 20, 2016
013 - THE NEW CENTURIONS - (Richard Fleischer, 1972) - Released January 23, 2017
014 - HARDCORE (Paul Schrader, 1979) - Release April 24, 2017
015 - THE 5,000 FINGERS OF DR. T (Roy Rowland, 1953) - Release July 24, 2017
016 - THE BIG HEAT (Fritz Lang, 1953) - Released March 20, 2017
017 - THE WILD ONE (László Benedek, 1953) - Release May 22, 2017
018 - TBA
019 - VAMPIRES - (John Carpenter, 2001)
- Released January 23, 2017
020 - GHOSTS OF MARS - (John Carpenter, 2001) - Released January 23, 2017
021 - TBA
022 - TBA
023 - TBA
024 - THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
- Release June 26, 2016
025 - THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973) - Release June 26, 2016
026 - SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977) - Release June 26, 2016
027 - THE FRONT (Martin Ritt, 1976) - Release March 20, 2017
028 - TBA
029 - HOUSEKEEPING (Bill Forsyth, 1987)
- Release May 22, 2017
030 - MICKEY ONE (Arthur Penn, 1965) - Release July 24, 2017
031 - CASTLE KEEP (Sydney Pollack, 1968) - Release July 24, 2017
032 - TBA
033 - THE STONE KILLER (Michael Winner, 1973)
- Release May 22, 2017

Official Website & Store: http://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/

Last edited:
There's no denying it's not a great price, it's just that I'm pretty broke right now, so have to be very selective with what I buy... I'm even having to miss out on stuff that I really want. I already have a long list of Indicator titles I still want to pick up, but I'm thinking this one may take priority over those since it is such a nice set for a very decent price, and I genuinely want to check the films out after seeing the trailers and hearing you all praise them so highly.

Work your way through the titles as they first appeared. I only just picked up Christine even though it was their 1st title. Having said that if you are a big Sinbad film I'd pre-order the box set as it will be a big big seller. To date a lot of their titles haven't sold out simply because Twilight Times have done a lot of them so a lot of people already have copies. That will change with stuff like Hammer....

I've never ordered direct with Powerhouse before so I'm not sure. Shipping is more expensive for me than with Amazon. And yes, my list of Indicator titles I still need to get is also very long :dead: But I saved some cash for a possible MoC easter sale, if that will not happen or if I can't find anything I'll maybe order 2-3 Indicator instead :rolleyes:
Hmm well I went to order from Powerhouse and it directed me to PayPal, so I'm guessing they take money straight away, which is a big no-no for me since I don't even have £40 in my bank right now :LOL:. I've pre-ordered through Amazon instead and hope the price will drop before release, otherwise I'll have no choice but to cancel :(. Oh man, I hadn't even though about the possibility of a MoC Easter sale!? :ohno:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Hmm well I went to order from Powerhouse and it directed me to PayPal, so I'm guessing they take money straight away, which is a big no-no for me since I don't even have £40 in my bank right now :LOL:. I've pre-ordered through Amazon instead and hope the price will drop before release, otherwise I'll have no choice but to cancel :(. Oh man, I hadn't even though about the possibility of a MoC Easter sale!? :ohno:

It definitely drops in price at Amazon before release, at least to the actual Powerhouse price.

They did the MoC sale last year around Easter and big advantage is that Eureka ships free worldwide. I was not ready last year but this year I am :giggle:
Last year I scored three great Film Noir for 5 pounds each, that was a bargain. Hope for something similar this year :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
It definitely drops in price at Amazon before release, at least to the actual Powerhouse price.

They did the MoC sale last year around Easter and big advantage is that Eureka ships free worldwide. I was not ready last year but this year I am :giggle:
Last year I scored three great Film Noir for 5 pounds each, that was a bargain. Hope for something similar this year :rolleyes:
That's good to know then, because I certainly won't mind paying £40 for it! :)

Nice one man, you got a great deal there! I don't think I was even in to MoC releases during the sale last year, so this will be my first time looking for some bargains... unfortunately I still can't go too crazy though.

• Thanks
None of these films are on Netflix UK ,unless Sinbad of the Seven Seas starring Lou Ferrigno is one of them...? :LOL:
IMG_0445.GIF

Work your way through the titles as they first appeared. I only just picked up Christine even though it was their 1st title. Having said that if you are a big Sinbad film I'd pre-order the box set as it will be a big big seller. To date a lot of their titles haven't sold out simply because Twilight Times have done a lot of them so a lot of people already have copies. That will change with stuff like Hammer....

Hey. Check your Christine discs and make sure they have the circled v2 at the end of the text around the rim. The original discs had an audio fault (I think with the 5.1 audio). If you have the v2 you should be all good. If not, I recommend you contact Powerhouse films at: [email protected] and they should sort you out the new corrected audio discs free of charge. I had to do this, and their service was great. They got the replacement discs out to me in double quick time and they give you a pre-paid envelope to send back the faulty ones.

Thumbnail
IMG_7048.JPG

To date a lot of their titles haven't sold out simply because Twilight Times have done a lot of them so a lot of people already have copies. That will change with stuff like Hammer....

This is true. Also some of these were already on blu ray in region 2 in places like Germany (Christine, Body Double, Vampires etc)

If this man approves, then I'm officially sold!

Jackson, Burton, Spielberg and George Lucas was not enough huh. You needed del Toro to fully convince you :p:p:p

Btw, there's 5 more Harryhausen coming from Indicator this year. But not Jason and the Argonauts since it was just released by a UK company..

• Thanks
Jackson, Burton, Spielberg and George Lucas was not enough huh. You needed del Toro to fully convince you :p:p:p

Btw, there's 5 more Harryhausen coming from Indicator this year. But not Jason and the Argonauts since it was just released by a UK company..
Haha I always need the approval of at least five major directors to convince me of anything. :p

Ohh that's good to know! I already have Jason and the Argonauts on pre-order, which I've also never seen before... at least not all of it anyway. :bag:

• Thanks
Haha I always need the approval of at least five major directors to convince me of anything. :p

Ohh that's good to know! I already have Jason and the Argonauts on pre-order, which I've also never seen before... at least not all of it anyway. :bag:

Sounds like hard times when you're at McDonalds deciding which menu it will be. Hope you got them on speed dial :LOL:

I waited with Jason and the Argonauts since Indicator announced Harryhausen. Now I'll go for the HMV Premium set I think. Which one you got on pre-order?

• Thanks
Don't assume because HMV have the exclusive rights to Jason and the Argonauts that won't change. Only last year Solaris 1972 was available with a specific label in the UK now Criterion will be releasing it next month in the UK. So rights can change very very quickly.

Don't assume because HMV have the exclusive rights to Jason and the Argonauts that won't change. Only last year Solaris 1972 was available with a specific label in the UK now Criterion will be releasing it next month in the UK. So rights can change very very quickly.

HMV only owns the exclusive rights for half a year - year I think. And only the packaging is exclusive. But since Sony released it recently Indicator will not pick it up.
Since I bought anyway some of the HMV Premium Collection and will probably buy more I decided to get it from them... But yes you're right, it can change fast.

Sounds like hard times when you're at McDonalds deciding which menu it will be. Hope you got them on speed dial :LOL:

I waited with Jason and the Argonauts since Indicator announced Harryhausen. Now I'll go for the HMV Premium set I think. Which one you got on pre-order?
:hilarious:

I put in an order for four of the HMV Premium Editions earlier in the week thinking they were all pre-orders, but it turns out Jason and the Argonauts is already officially out, so hopefully I'll receive a dispatch email for that soon! The other three titles I've ordered are Gattaca, A Scanner Darkly and The Time Machine. :)

July titles announced!

015 - THE 5,000 FINGERS OF DR. T (Roy Rowland, 1953)

Release date:
July 24, 2017
Purchase link: Powerhouse
Price: 15,99 GBP
Notes: Limited Dual Format Edition of 5,000 copies, Limited edition exclusive booklet, reversible Cover, UK Blu-ray premiere

015_5000_FINGERS_BD_2D_packshot_72dpi_1000px_transp.png

(Roy Rowland, 1953)
Release date: 24 July 2017
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray and DVD premiere)

Produced by Stanley Kramer and based on an original screenplay by Dr. Seuss, Roy Rowland’s pioneering wild fantasy adventure is visually stunning and remains one of American cinema’s most beloved – and bizarre – children’s films.
Available for the first time ever in the UK.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• Audio commentary with film historians Glenn Kenny and Nick Pinkerton
Father Figure (2017, tbc mins): a new interview with Steve Rowland, son of director Roy Rowland
• Karen Kramer introduction (2007, 2 mins)
Dr. T. on Screen (2007, 15 mins): Cathy Lind Hayes, George Chakris and others talk about the film
A Little Nightmare Music (2007, 12 mins): an examination of the film's ground-breaking music score
• Joe Dante trailer commentary (2013, 3 mins): a short critical appreciation
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by artist Peter Conheim, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and historic articles on the film
• UK Blu-ray and DVD premiere
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 5,000 copies
• More TBC

#PHIDFE015
BBFC cert: TBC
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899069967

030 - MICKEY ONE (Arthur Penn, 1965)

Release date:
July 24, 2017
Notes: Limited Dual Format Edition of 3,000 copies, Limited edition exclusive booklet, reversible Cover, World premiere on Blu-ray

030_MICKEY_ONE_BD_2D_packshot_72dpi_1000px_transp.png

(Arthur Penn, 1965)
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray and DVD premiere)

Influenced by the French New Wave, director Arthur Penn's ground-breaking and wildly inventive Mickey One is a tale of a man on the run - his first teaming with Warren Beatty, two years before Bonnie and Clyde. The film also boasts a classic jazz score by Eddie Sauter and Stan Getz.
Available for the first time ever in the UK.

• Original mono audio
• New interview with star Alexandra Stewart (2017, tbc mins)
• New interview with Matthew Penn, son of director Arthur Penn (2017, tbc mins)
The John Player Lecture with Arthur Penn (1981, tbc mins): archival audio recording of an interview conducted at the National Film Theatre, London
• Joe Dante trailer commentary (2013, 3 mins): a short critical appreciation
• Music promo
• New English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive booklet featuring a new essay by journalist Nick Pinkerton, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and historic articles on the film
• World premiere on Blu-ray
• UK DVD premiere
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 3,000 copies
• More TBC

#PHIDFE030
BBFC cert: TBC
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899071106

031 - CASTLE KEEP (Sydney Pollack, 1968)

Release date:
July 24, 2017
Notes: Limited Dual Format Edition of 3,000 copies, Limited edition exclusive booklet, reversible Cover, World premiere on Blu-ray

031_CASTLE_KEEP_BD_2D_packshot_72dpi_1000px_transp.png

(Sydney Pollack, 1968)
Limited Dual Format Edition (Blu-ray premiere)

Sydney Pollack’s Gothic war drama stars the great Burt Lancaster as the brutal, one-eyed army major in charge of a small group of American GIs fighting to save the castle they're stationed in during World War II.

• Original mono audio
• New interview with actor Tony Bill (2017, tbc mins)
• Archival Interview with author William Eastlake (1968, 30 mins)
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by critic Brad Stevens, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and historic articles on the film
• World premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 3,000 copies
• More TBC

#PHIDFE031
BBFC cert: 15
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899071113

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
It's been reported from Indicator themselves, everything from Never Take Sweets from a Stranger to The Blood on Camp Island. I think they have the rights to 15 titles.