Purchase links:
Predator
Price: £21.99
Notes: Matte Finish. Limited to 3000 Copies
1 disc editon-3D and 2D version on 1 BD disc

pred.jpg

pred3.jpg pred2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this movie and like the steelbook - but it gets to the point with these things where it really isn't worth the money. The current transfer for this movie is abysmal and in dire need of a remaster from a 4K source. If only Zavvi had the clout to get this done!

i set myself a budget when i started collecting from my first steelbook sweeney todd, £25.00 was the most i would pay for a steelbook, the MM one was over that price and this one is in my price range so this is a definate purchase and like paulboland said it would have been better in the £14.99 - £17.99.

Reactions: lgans316
I understand it gives those that are new or who previously missed out an opportunity but lets face it we buy these because they are sold to us as 'limited editions' and we want something special then all they do is wrap a bit of cardboard around it, change gloss to matte etc and they can justify putting it out again because its not quite the same.

i set myself a budget when i started collecting from my first steelbook sweeney todd, £25.00 was the most i would pay for a steelbook, the MM one was over that price and this one is in my price range so this is a definate purchase and like paulboland said it would have been better in the £14.99 - £17.99.

It probably will be in that price range come the January flash sale dont worry. They won't shift 3000 units at that price :thumbs:

Already own the German one and yes. The lenti makes a huge difference. This is still nice for those that did not get the last one.

I think this is most certainly a case of zavvi jumping the gun. The transfer of the 2D version is dire as has been mentioned plenty of times so what is the point?. If it's 3D only disc a lot of people like me can't even watch it anyway assuming they can be bothered to work miracles with the dire transfer of a few years ago. It says something when the laserdisc is currently the only way to watch the film. it also makes my point that a steelbook should only be done of the best possible print of a film and up until now that has been the case. You might get takers at £9.99 for this one but not at the OTT price they are giving.

Reactions: Basil
I think this is most certainly a case of zavvi jumping the gun. The transfer of the 2D version is dire as has been mentioned plenty of times so what is the point?. If it's 3D only disc a lot of people like me can't even watch it anyway assuming they can be bothered to work miracles with the dire transfer of a few years ago. It says something when the laserdisc is currently the only way to watch the film. it also makes my point that a steelbook should only be done of the best possible print of a film and up until now that has been the case. You might get takers at £9.99 for this one but not at the OTT price they are giving.
You mean fox jumping the gun
It's a fox UK release
Zavvi don't make Blu Rays
They are a retail online shop
It's the same 3D disc from Dec 2013

The 3D disc has both 2D and 3D on the same disc
When you press play you get the option to watch in 2D or 3D

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
Pre ordered yesterday, had an epiphany and cancelled it...
...In the last half hour, between Zavvi, Amazon, Shopto.net and Play.com i've cancelled nearly £400 worth of pre orders on steelbooks and video games between now and December- Felt strangely satisfying doing so, think I can sleep a little easier tonight!! Think the pre ordering was getting a touch out of hand, and I had little to no will power in clicking 'buy' and sticking items in my basket.
Kept a few steelbooks on pre order (the 5 Disney titles released between now and the Year end, Sin City 2 for example) but realised i'm spending a LOT of money on these things! Been collecting since February or so, own nearly 100 now at approximately £20 per steelbook (give or take)
Thats £2000 on movies within the last 8 or so months!!!!
Suppose I need to distinguish between a hobby and an obsession really...

Pre ordered yesterday, had an epiphany and cancelled it...
...In the last half hour, between Zavvi, Amazon, Shopto.net and Play.com i've cancelled nearly £400 worth of pre orders on steelbooks and video games between now and December- Felt strangely satisfying doing so, think I can sleep a little easier tonight!! Think the pre ordering was getting a touch out of hand, and I had little to no will power in clicking 'buy' and sticking items in my basket.
Kept a few steelbooks on pre order (the 5 Disney titles released between now and the Year end, Sin City 2 for example) but realised i'm spending a LOT of money on these things! Been collecting since February or so, own nearly 100 now at approximately £20 per steelbook (give or take)
Thats £2000 on movies within the last 8 or so months!!!!
Suppose I need to distinguish between a hobby and an obsession really...
I feel your pain, but lack the will power to start cancelling too many. December was already getting too busy with pre-orders without adding another 6 to it. Just when you think that's all the orders done for the year Zavvi will pull some more titles out of somewhere...

Reactions: Andycadle84
There are way way too many steelbooks coming out and I've had to cut back big time as well especially coming up to Xmas. Well probably get some of them in the new year in the bargain basement but as you say the really important ones like the Disney steels I've kept on order but a lot of them like Westworld I've cancelled. They won't sell out and I can pick them up when Christmas (and the spending that goes with it) calms down)

Reactions: Andycadle84
Fox and the other Film Studios now see the increase popularity of steelbooks and remember there is a lot of new collectors who want these
Its not all about collectors from 2-3 years ago there is a lot of new collectors who will be glad this is getting released and will create even more new steelbook collectors

More than likely this just gives Fox a chance to shift a load of 3D discs that nobody is buying.

I feel your pain, but lack the will power to start cancelling too many. December was already getting too busy with pre-orders without adding another 6 to it. Just when you think that's all the orders done for the year Zavvi will pull some more titles out of somewhere...
Dang...Thought I really need to prioritise what I do with my money- Plus, I need to start Christmas shopping, and with a 7 Year old son who's into everything I'm sure you can understand how costly that could be!!
Cancelled orders like Buried (saw it at the cinema, brought it on DVD almost a Year ago and still to watch it, and think it would only gather dust if I brought it again) and Training Day (artwork didn't justify me spending £15 on a film I already owned) as well as things like Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 1 (the show was too hit and miss for me, more miss than hit though..) and a video game or two (not a huge gamer- I'm 30 Years of age and prefer the retro consoles!!)

Reactions: jono3000