Purchase links:
Predator
Price: £21.99
Notes: Matte Finish. Limited to 3000 Copies
1 disc editon-3D and 2D version on 1 BD disc

pred.jpg

pred3.jpg pred2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre ordered yesterday, had an epiphany and cancelled it...
...In the last half hour, between Zavvi, Amazon, Shopto.net and Play.com i've cancelled nearly £400 worth of pre orders on steelbooks and video games between now and December- Felt strangely satisfying doing so, think I can sleep a little easier tonight!! Think the pre ordering was getting a touch out of hand, and I had little to no will power in clicking 'buy' and sticking items in my basket.
Kept a few steelbooks on pre order (the 5 Disney titles released between now and the Year end, Sin City 2 for example) but realised i'm spending a LOT of money on these things! Been collecting since February or so, own nearly 100 now at approximately £20 per steelbook (give or take)
Thats £2000 on movies within the last 8 or so months!!!!
Suppose I need to distinguish between a hobby and an obsession really...

Same here, between the Disney and star trek tng, German edition, £60-£70 a season , both ending the end of the year, my wallet will be a whole lot happier. I am going to try and stick to new releases only, and anything else will need to be sub £10.

Reactions: Andycadle84
Same here, between the Disney and star trek tng, German edition, £60-£70 a season , both ending the end of the year, my wallet will be a whole lot happier. I am going to try and stick to new releases only, and anything else will need to be sub £10.
Suppose you have to prioritise in certain instances- Think I might only stick to releases I don't already own, or exceptional circumstances where I own the film already but the artwork on the steelbook is too good to pass up on.
To be perfectly honest, as much as I love steelbooks, you can pick the amaray version of films up a damn site cheaper. And with the recent wave of uninspiring artworks released on a lot of steelbooks, think my interest in them as a whole has started to wane a little (by no means a bad thing, guess in the grand scheme of things there are more worthwhile things to be spending money on...)

Pass. Can't be long until we get a 2nd 4k scan surely...

This and the first 3 Die Hard movies are crying out for remasters! I couldn't care less about the 3D, I just want to see a proper Predator 4K remaster, grain and all. Not sure Fox will give us what we want - but having said that, I remember a year or so ago there were rumours a Die Hard 4K remaster already existed, as it was screened during the promotional run for Die Hard 5... nothing has come of this since then

Reactions: lgans316
I cancelled my order last week

I will wait for a price drop in the new year

€28.15 Euro is to expensive and also I already have the 3D version with slip cover

I will purchase this if price drops to about £14.99

New Year Sale I will keep a watch for price drop

I guess I was hoping for some embossing/debossing like the X-Men DOFP steel...

Mine arrived the other day and though I haven't opened it yet, I can confirm that the the title and 3D logo are embossed and it also has an embossed border.

My DOFP steelbook has nothing :(