Predator (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #17) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: October 4, 2018
Purchase link: Filmarena
Price: 899 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc 2D/3D (1 Disc) - 2D/3D/4K (2 Discs)

received_2297954333554441.jpeg

74B8DEF3-D87B-4738-9B3F-49681C890113.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that all FACs are NOT created equal.
The Expendables FAC (for example) is basically a hohum repackaging to sell old stock more than the beautiful FACs like The Dredds.

Yeah, agreed mate; but if you've read Jan's comments on The Expendables, it is the Holy Grail ! :(

Basically, The Expendables is a bad joke. The artwork is only so-so at best, and if you followed the lead of the slip art they should contain Expendables 1 (E1) and Expendables 2 (E2). Instead of which we get the same old ugly Czech steelbook with 1 and 2 in both of them.
Not good enough - but according to FA it is the dogs' bollocks !

Non ce credo !!! :(

We were promised fewer, and greater quality. What happened? :(

• Thanks
Reactions: Hawesy and C.C. 95
If FAC are gonna release Pred they need to do the rest of them, Pred 1, 2 and 3. There hasnt been a decent Pred 3 release since that awful Play.com one years back. So awful I had to get rid of it and have a gap in the collection with a replacement aamray slip cover instead. I thought by now they would had released another version. Here is when I become @paulboland and @SonicBoom and support a re-release.

Personally couldn't give a toss about Predator 2 and 3 - to me they are garbage; but each to their own.

A proper re-master of the first - al la Universal would be mega. Instead of the DNRd to death junk as highlighted by @Lollard2002

Reactions: C.C. 95
Yeah, agreed mate; but if you've read Jan's comments on The Expendables, it is the Holy Grail ! :(

Basically, The Expendables is a bad joke. The artwork is only so-so at best, and if you followed the lead of the slip art they should contain Expendables 1 (E1) and Expendables 2 (E2). Instead of which we get the same old ugly Czech steelbook with 1 and 2 in both of them.
Not good enough - but according to FA it is the dogs' bollocks !

Non ce credo !!! :(

We were promised fewer, and greater quality. What happened? :(
I am very much pining for the FAC PAPILLION...

Personally couldn't give a toss about Predator 2 and 3 - to me they are garbage; but each to their own.

A proper re-master of the first - al la Universal would be mega. Instead of the DNRd to death junk as highlighted by @Lollard2002
I didn't mind Predators- it isn't great, but it is certainly more in line with the original spirit.
Predator 2 is on par with Exorcist 2. We should just never admit it exists.

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
If it is the pop art steel, I would definitely have to pass so fingers crossed. I be happy if they used the original Play.com one.

Has any pop art steel been FAC'ed up before?

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
FAC love Arnie (And rightly so!)

I will love this to be a WEA steelbook, then get working on and a FAC Kindergarten Cop!

Kindergarten cop??!!!!! Fun movie but to have a FAC treatment gets a bit silly now just like movies such as love Rosie and Ted, quite bizarre releases IMO. We might as well release Twins and Last Action Hero to go along as well :p

And True Lies just for @C.C. 95 !

Sod it let's just release the WHOLE Arnold wave!

As a huge Filmarena fan, news of this initially had me extremely excited! Was hoping FA was going to do this and the rest for some time.

BUT....... I really think that this is going to be that god awful pop art steel, too much of a coincidence that Fight Club and this are due out in other countries next Jan.

If that's the case, then It's a MASSIVE pass from me, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am, and no matter how filmarena jazz it up, I would of thought they themselves would think it a dogs turd and not worthy of the FAC.

Prove me wrong filmarena, show me you are about the collectors like you say you are and proved you were at the beginning, before this endless onslaught of releases announced recently that have been mediocre for your normal standards.

I hope this is not the soon to be released pop art steelbook as that is nasty looking :rofl:

I would double dip on the previous 3D Steelbook in a FAC packaging
If it's a new steelbook with new artwork and not the terrible pop art one then that would be even better

I await info on the artwork of the steelbook

As a huge Filmarena fan, news of this initially had me extremely excited! Was hoping FA was going to do this and the rest for some time.

BUT....... I really think that this is going to be that god awful pop art steel, too much of a coincidence that Fight Club and this are due out in other countries next Jan.

If that's the case, then It's a MASSIVE pass from me, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am, and no matter how filmarena jazz it up, I would of thought they themselves would think it a dogs turd and not worthy of the FAC.

Prove me wrong filmarena, show me you are about the collectors like you say you are and proved you were at the beginning, before this endless onslaught of releases announced recently that have been mediocre for your normal standards.

I am confident it will be that Pop art steel. If it is I am not sure how I am going to judge this premium retailer in the future. I would love for FAC to prove me wrong as well but I just cannot see them successfully obtaining a License to release WEA when this pop art is due for release in March next year. As FAC keep rushing so many titles less time is spent creating WEA but instead giving us fancy slips in WWA. Some of them I don't mind as I like the WWA steels such as Krampus and Heart of Sea. To release this with pop art will be an added insult to the movie and FAC as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
I hope this is not the soon to be released pop art steelbook as that is nasty looking :rofl:

I would double dip on the previous 3D Steelbook in a FAC packaging
If it's a new steelbook with new artwork and not the terrible pop art one then that would be even better

I await info on the artwork of the steelbook

You haven't confirmed if you are going to pass or not if it is the pop art lol. No fancy slip or lenti magnet or art cards is going to erase the pain with green metal turd inside! Come on Paul save your pennies man :rofl:

I agree I can live with the Pred 3D. Not the best but it can do. Better if it was play.com release. WEA being extremely optimistic.

You haven't confirmed if you are going to pass or not if it is the pop art lol. No fancy slip or lenti magnet or art cards is going to erase the pain with green metal turd inside! Come on Paul save your pennies man :rofl:

I agree I can live with the Pred 3D. Not the best but it can do. Better if it was play.com release. WEA being extremely optimistic.
All of the pop art steelbooks out in Jan and March are a pass they are all terrible looking and that's me been polite
What I really would like to say about these new pop art steelbooks out in Jan-Mar is not printable :LOL:

Last edited:
Kindergarten cop??!!!!! Fun movie but to have a FAC treatment gets a bit silly now just like movies such as love Rosie and Ted, quite bizarre releases IMO. We might as well release Twins and Last Action Hero to go along as well :p

And True Lies just for @C.C. 95 !

Sod it let's just release the WHOLE Arnold wave!

I'd buy every single one of them