Predator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Exclusive steelbook news from HiDefNinja!

Predator Blu-ray Steelbook

Play.com Exclusive - Release date of June 4th, 2012

Purchase here

All are standard G2/Blu-ray sized steelbooks, and have front / rear / interior artwork with no logos or age ratings on the covers.

They will be double play (dvd & bd) on all the single films - and priced very favorably!

Limited to 4,000

Predator.jpg

Pics courtesy of Prometheus:

IMG_2033b.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Predator.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for comments guys. German steelbook vs zavvi's that just came out...finish is probably the same? (embossed 3d logo tho on zavvi). I think my gf got me commando steelbook for xmas so it's time to start my Arnold collection lol

The only reviews I read on the video quality came from BR forum. I'll definitely look more into the disc after I decide on the steel lol

German and zavvi ones have different inside artwork.

And the German lenticular magnet blows the embossed 3D logo away!

Image changes from normal Arnie to Predator 'heat view' of Arnie.

It needs a premium disc as well.

The original release has a more faithful look but is really out of the date and the UHE is just too glossy

Isn't FilmArena doing a premium release for this?

(Whenever they get round to it I suppose!)
we're still waiting for King Kong the last 3 years ;).. FAC announced several titles around the same time as Predator (The Thing, Fight Club, Papillon included) I doubt we'll see them soon enough..although nice that they are focusing more on WEA with great jobs to Logan and Spider-Man Homecoming..

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
The FAC ones I'm really waiting on are :

Predator
The Thing
Shawshank Redemption
Kong Skull Island

:watch:

I was also waiting on Ghost In The Shell but Blufans nipped in and got my money instead! :p

This is really a release for a film that I think deserves another release as a Steelbook, because despite my love for this film, no Steelbook I’ve seen has ever really made me want to throw money at it...

Whether that’s due to a crushingly monochromatic color scheme or having 3D as a part of the title... I just want a Predator Steelbook that’s as unique and colorful as the film itself is.

Always wanted the original Play steel for the first Predator but for some reason never got around to getting it... :confused::sorry: Noticed a flood of them on eBay recently so finally grabbed a sealed copy for under £30 delivered :thanks: (to think these were what, £9.99 back in 2012???!!! :OMG::OMG::dead:). This will more than suffice until FAC impress me with their eventual WEA... :naughty: (which may or may not be in my lifetime which is why I just had to get this :p:D)

My Predator Clan... (minus Zavvi's 3D edition which I replaced with this bad boy :cigar:)
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180822170944801_COVER_wm (1).jpg

:drool:

Always wanted the original Play steel for the first Predator but for some reason never got around to getting it... :confused::sorry: Noticed a flood of them on eBay recently so finally grabbed a sealed copy for under £30 delivered :thanks: (to think these were what, £9.99 back in 2012???!!! :OMG::OMG::dead:). This will more than suffice until FAC impress me with their eventual WEA... :naughty: (which may or may not be in my lifetime which is why I just had to get this :p:D)

My Predator Clan... (minus Zavvi's 3D edition which I replaced with this bad boy :cigar:)
View attachment 389638
:drool:
Wow. Nice one. They usually never dip below $50 WITH shipping on top!

Reactions: Mickle_89